Possible T-net Missouri get together and hunt

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I posted a message in the general section about a site I am sure alot of people are familiar with, but I think few have really hunted. I have property about 10 miles from this location, and I am interested in getting a group together to hunt and hang out on some weekend. Further details will be worked out later, i am just seeing if anyone is interested. Please see my post in the general section named....does this look promising? Missouri hunters want to go?

We have about 325 acres not far from there, with an older 1950's cabin on it we all use for the hunting cabin.

Let me know if you are interested.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted over there. If I can work things around my schoolwork & classes, I'm ALL for a hunt with T-Net people again!!
Just let us know what the dates would be when you figure it out.

Bran <><

OP
OP
hns11550

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
As we get some more people and the weather warms up, we will look at a date when everyone can get out there....

OP
OP
hns11550

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
There is also alot of civil war activity that happend in this area also....so the possibilities are many...I will keep every one up to date as to when and try and get a date good for all. There is plenty of room on the property, but some may have to bring tents and camp as our hunting cabin if you can call it that is not real big.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would drive over from Kansas city, keep me in mind

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hns11550 said:
There is also alot of civil war activity that happend in this area also....so the possibilities are many...I will keep every one up to date as to when and try and get a date good for all. There is plenty of room on the property, but some may have to bring tents and camp as our hunting cabin if you can call it that is not real big.

I know I don't speak for many, but I'd rather camp out!! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i got a 3 domed tent it can hold me my machine and my bedroll and cooler in one dome i have left a big dome and a smaller dome that will be empty that is room for 6 more people and room for the machines i really wanna make this one because i dont like stormy season in a tent done it to many times in a canvas civil war tent i do civil war re enactments and have been frozen and about blown away .

OP
OP
hns11550

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ok, well this sounds like it would be interesting and we would have quite a few people involved. I am extremely interested in the river areas where they float. I don't want to limit myself to just that. With everyone interested in going, I would like to try to gather research of the surrounding area and try to find a few places we could hit if the river just isn't producing. Especially with Gypsy, our queen of research, I am sure we could find quite a few good hunting grounds. Our property is located a few miles from the Rosati winery, about 5-10 miles south of Quba on I44. The river I was interested in is the Huzzah river, as well as areas around the Meramec. I know the Huzzah river resort has Civil War history, and they claim to have the ruins of an old church that was used as hospital for wounded troops during the Civil War. Access to their property is very questionable at best. There are a ton of areas I am sure we could come up with around the Steelville and Huzzah area. The old town of Huzzah has an old general store I believe is still standing as well. Lets pool our research and start figuring out around what time this spring would be good for all. A long standing Missouri tale states there is a bucket of gold coins hidden outside of Huzzah as well. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for this though. Let me know what you all think.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Outlaw Loot at Huzzah

About three miles out of Huzzah, Missouri is said to be a cache of stolen outlaw loot. The treasure was carried up a small hollow from Haunted Springs to a rock shelter, placed in a fox hole under the bluff and covered with rocks. At the time it was buried, the skull of a horse head was left as a marker. Huzzah, Missouri is approximately 100 miles southeast of Jefferson City, Missouri on Missouri Highway 8.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/MO-Treasures5.html

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Actually the town of Huzzah Missouri is just about abandoned. i think 1 or 2 homes are there and the property around the town is private land now. the last time i was there the old P.O. was still standing. to get there go east on hiway 8 from steelville to " Y" follow it to county road Z . at the intersection of C.R."Z" and little Shoal Creek Road starts (whats left of the town of Huzzah) i think the bluffs that they are refering to is the limestone bluffs over Little Shoal Creek. that eventually runs close to Huzzah Missouri. lots and lots of private land down there.

moholedigger

Mar 15, 2008
Mexico, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Interesting area. I've been to Huzzah and floated. I've also been to Steelville, my dad has some property in town.

I am very interested and am also considering doing something like this later in the year. Interesting site.

http://whmc.umsystem.edu/exhibits/ramsay/ramsay_crawford.html#H

BTW, I work in Columbia and could do some research during my lunch hour if you zero into a spot you'd like to hunt.

ibbasser123

Feb 9, 2005
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
1500 Garrett
Have a buddy and myself would be interested in coming over from KC. sound like fun, always enjoy meeting fellow detectors

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread