Possibly my SECOND SILVER? Unusual object found today..

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all those who posted such kind words of encouragement and congrats on my last post: THANKS!! Some of you said I would find some more silver, and soon. It might have come true already today.

Was out as usual, going through a new spot and having a blast digging up pennies, nickels and the occasional dime when I hit a loud signal. Dug down and thought I'd hit another bottle cap when out pops this four leaf clover object. I was stunned because I hadn't expected it. (You never know what's going to pop up!) Not certain if it's silver and I haven't tracked down the meaning of the hallmarks or signature on the back but maybe somebody here is familiar with it? It's a little over an inch long and is a nice chunk of metal.

Also got a small ring near the same area. It's seen better days for sure. The small flower design is folded over onto itself. Not sure if it's fixable (or even worth trying - lol!) but it was a fun find too.

I'll shut up now and post some pics.

Attachments

• may 26 group.jpg
    may 26 group.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 779
  • clover front.jpg
    clover front.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 782
  • clover back.jpg
    clover back.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 786
  • smash ring 2.jpg
    smash ring 2.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 773
Upvote 0

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Some nice finds! I'm not sure what those marks on the back of the clover leaf thing are, but it sure looks like silver.

OP
OP
black651

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the ID Dano! Oh well. Maybe next time. LOL!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the ring? Any chance of it being silver? Found a few of them in my time.
Keep up the good hunting!!! It is going to happen......the B-I-G one.....you'll know it when it comes
out of the ground. :thumbsup:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Not sure pewter would have hallmark stamps on it.

As a former 4-H'er myself, don't think this has anything to do with 4-H. Looks more like a good-luck charm, possibly Irish.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the clover item is most likely sterling silver (925) based on the fact it has hallmarks --pewter items generally are not hall marked * --the ring sadly looks to be silver or chrome "plated" i can see where the plating seems to be worn away on it -- nice lil find still --a rings a ring

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread