rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post 4th finds & recoveries

The beaches were packed on the 4th, got a couple goodies in the scoop, but the jeweler says the stones are junk :( 925 Silver pearl ring(fake pearl), 925silver stud earing, silver piece of something, not sure on the large heart earing (it's heavy like gold, no markings, fake pearls?) and the bling hoop earing is just that. Even ran into fellow Tnet'r, we got ran off by the whitecaps and did a plan-B at a pull-tab infested inland lake beach.

dsc06165a.jpg

DSC06172.jpg

Had another bikini babe ask if I could find the mate to her very heavy 14kt hoop earing she had just lost. Managed to find that for her, and somehow didn't ruin it while scooping it up amongst the rocks in the crashing waves. Made her day.

I couldn't find much on this, lead "cork-cap", from some sort of barber/hair tonic that was bottled starting in 1906 (gotta ask the bottle experts), says : A R. Winarick N.Y.
DSC06169.jpg

*Got a positive I.D. on this thing in the what's it area= http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,334767.0.html

Got a call about trying to recover an heirloom/handed-down diamond ring. Went out last night at around midnight, but decided a gold ring wasn't worth playin in the whitecaps & rip current in the dark. Forecast had predicted heavy storms in the a.m./allday and the next day, so I kinda wanted to get in there before two days of storms moved things around. Poked around a little, with no luck. Headed back out first thing, luckily no storms, and about five minutes later, had this heavy old sucker in the scooper:
moto_1292.jpg

I was the second person to search for it with a detector, and the family had been looking all day I guess and promised a reward if found.

The "latch" had unlatched while she was wrestling with her kiddies out on the sand bar, about 50 yards out from the water's edge(see pic below).
Earilier in the day, her little boy asked her why she was wearing her ring and if she was gonna lose it! She said no, it's ok, as she vigorously shook her hand saying "see, it won't fall off"!

White gold /14kt , very heavy (at least 1/3 oz), lotsa stampings on inside, nice/clean/big diamond:

moto_1300.jpg

moto_1297.jpg

Upvote 0

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Post 4th finds & recoveries

Next time snap and post a pic of you presenting the lost ring to the 'bikini babe'. You would have made Honorable Mention.

:laughing7:
I guess my own intentions are not so 'honorable'?

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You're what the Wizard of Oz would call..... "A Good Deed Doer"

WTG

Wish the pic was a bit clearer and not so blurry but you got the point out !!!!

A Real Honker of a ring !!!

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

GopherDaGold said:
Next time snap and post a pic of you presenting the lost ring to the 'bikini babe'. You would have made Honorable Mention.

:laughing7:
I guess my own intentions are not so 'honorable'?

Very nice finds. That's right, it's a little known fact that any bikini photos will get you on THE BANNER! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread