Post made when charter member was deleted....what gives?

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a post in the Trade section of the classifieds when I WAS a charter member. I was a charter member until July 11 I believe and the post was created in late June. Now, am I missing something here? I essentially paid for that post. Why was it deleted?

I paid the yearly cost for charter membership. Any posts in the classifieds made during my charter membership should be allowed to remain.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow:

No idea ryaan , But I'll throw in a guess.

You made the post as a charter member, your charter membership expired since
& someone took for granted since the post was from back in June it was probably done by now.
& your no longer a charter member so it was just taking up space.

As I said Just a guess.

also are you absolutely sure it is gone & not buried on an earlier page ?

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I log in to the site I always go to the My Posts drop down and click My threads. It was there 30 min ago with new posts from other members. A mod, not sure if it was you or not, the post was deleted, said I could not make posts since I was not a charter member. I said that the post was made when i was a charter member, the post was made in June, I stopped charter membership in July and that it could be checked out to see it was true. 10 mins later the post was deleted.

I have current private messages, yesterday and today derived from that post. The post was PAID for, so the issue of it talking up space is kinda lame. I can go find thousands of posts that WERE NOT paid for that are taking up space. Something smells funny in this situation.

A quick view of the first page of the FOR TRADE forum shows a posting from APRIL and one from 2010, and several from early 2012, Late 2011. Hard to believe my one post was taking up so much space.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan, I removed the post based on your reply in the original thread since it was for a detector trade and your no longer a charter member as you stated in your reply on the original thread.....Your charter membership expired and wasn't renewed so the trade would not be valid as the classified section is for charter members only.....As moderators we have no way of knowing when a charter membership ran out, only that someone either is or isnt a charter member....

Yeah, check when my charter membership ran out, then check the date the original post was made. And then check to see if I replied in this thread at any time or AFTER my charter membership ran out. Thanks.

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever, I know you can check when our charter memberships ran out. I was able to check it for crying out loud. Meh it is what it is, just another reason I wont pay to use this site anymore.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever, I know you can check when our charter memberships ran out. I was able to check it for crying out loud. Meh it is what it is, just another reason I wont pay to use this site anymore.

We remove posts in the classifieds when we find the member posting is not a charter member or is no longer a current charter member as the ability to post a trade or sale there is for current charter members only..

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We remove posts in the classifieds when we find the member posting is not a charter member or is no longer a current charter member as the ability to post a trade or sale there is for current charter members only..

Does not make much sense. You were happy to take my membership money, you should be happy to leave the posts made while a member alone. I can still trade on this site. I can just find someone who is looking for what i have to trade and private message them. You guys need more to do it seems.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You paid your dues and then it expired and you chose not to renew it, the right to post or have a post in the classifieds are for current charter members. If you do a trade via private pm and its not posted on the forum or made aware to us by someone then we obviously are not involved......

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Due to some recent shenanigans here in the classifieds...

You must now be a Charter Member to post here.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you've already posted an ad here, and you are not a Charter Member, you can still delete your own ad.

Thanks!"

Quoted from the sticky. No where does it state anything you have said. I says you have to be a charter member to post here. NO WHERE does it say posts made by former charter members will be deleted. I know this will do no good, and that is fine but it is another example of how the mods on this site make stuff up as they go along.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ryaan, I just looked , I certainly can't see when it ran out.

I used to be able to see when an active charter membership "Will" run out
(on the old site)

But I don't remember ever seeing when someones ran out :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Due to some recent shenanigans here in the classifieds...

You must now be a Charter Member to post here.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you've already posted an ad here, and you are not a Charter Member, you can still delete your own ad.

Thanks!"

Quoted from the sticky. No where does it state anything you have said. I says you have to be a charter member to post here. NO WHERE does it say posts made by former charter members will be deleted. I know this will do no good, and that is fine but it is another example of how the mods on this site make stuff up as they go along.

Where there in that quote does it say your ad will remain if you were a former charter member? It says you can delete your ad meaning even though the section is now for charter member posting only you still have the ability to delete the ad.........That was also for the transition from when anyone can post ads to Charter members only can post.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread