Post-storm disappointment at the beach

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is I wish I hadn't let the ultra cold rain drive me out yesterday. Yesterday the bank up by the towel line had been cut anywhere from three and a half to four foot deep but when I went back today that three and a half foot cut was about 8in. so apparently, overnight, all the sand that had been ripped from the shoreline was already re-deposited Plus an extra foot or two. I walked away with about two-and-a-half bucks after 4 hours of hunting in the water and out.

Upvote 0

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is I wish I hadn't let the ultra cold rain drive me out yesterday. Yesterday the bank up by the towel line had been cut anywhere from three and a half to four foot deep but when I went back today that three and a half foot cut was about 8in. so apparently, overnight, all the sand that had been ripped from the shoreline was already re-deposited Plus an extra foot or two. I walked away with about two-and-a-half bucks after 4 hours of hunting in the water and out.
You did better than me.

Went to my local park last night and in 2 hours i found 15p in total!!

Matt.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Yes. I have seen times when ..... one day, right after (or in the middle of) the swells, we are raking in coins and targets left and right ! But a mere 24 hrs. later , it's sterile. Sand comes back in overnight sometimes.

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been there. Sucks. Hoping for a strong El Nino this winter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread