Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of those Franklin dictionaries last year, I don't think it was the talking version. It was in original packaging and sold for $60.

blackrose

Oct 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
tesoro compadre
It hadn't even crossed my mind to resell my garage sale finds. One of those things that's super obvious when you think about it for a second! I will certainly be keeping my eyes peeled for any such items that may not interest me but could be resold if marketed properly. I've never sold anything on ebay before, though. Will have to hit up that thread for more info.

What Me Worry?

Jun 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I do sell on eBay from time to time but I also use Craigslist (no fees, no shipping) or Facebook Marketplace/Groups. I've had many transactions through both.

What Me Worry?

Jun 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow treasure hunters. Long time lurker but it was this sub forum that got me wanting to share. I've always read the detecting and coin/metal forums but never really paid attention to what was below them. lol

Anyways, thrifting and rummaging is really my thing. The Garage Sale season out here in Titletown starts in late April. Last weekend in April, during a neighborhood sale, I found this box for $5.

IMG_3367.JPG

65 games video games from the 80's. Atari and ColecoVision Games w/boxes and manuals and Commodore VIC-20 games/cassettes with manuals. SO, paid less than a $1 per each

Here are the Atari and ColecoVision games.

IMG_3373.JPG IMG_3375.JPG

A great batch and I haven't even shown the VIC-20 games. Anyways, some sales:

-Quest for Quintana Roo (eBay) $100
-Tomarc the Barbarian (eBay; VIC-20) $75
-Mario Bros (eBay) $35
-Pitfall II (Craigslist) $15
-Lot of remaining ColecoVision games (Craigslist) $70
-Lot of remaining VIC-20 games (Sold to local game store) $50

I still have the remaining Atari games and will prob sell during my Rummage sale next month. This community rummage also yielded some great LP finds but that's for a different post. Thanks for letting me tell my tale. This has been a nice Spring/Summer for me flipping wise.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted anything in this thread for a while so here's a few. I bought a bag of 11 Weinberg art plaques for $10 & have sold 5 of them for $624 total. Picked up a ziploc bag of 30 1962 Post cereal baseball card uncut sheets (box backs) for $8. Have sold 11 of them for a total of $945. I also picked up a large lot of Gillette Atra razors in sample packaging for about 30 cents each. Have sold several lots of 3 razors for $34.50. Bought a Tivoli radio for $1 & sold for $74.50.
Those are some great returns. I haven't found anything worthy of posting for a while but then I haven't ben able to get out and search much either. I've been reduced to looking for items on ebay that aren't listed quite right just to satisfy my buyng/picking need.Went out today to about half dozen sales, didn't spend a dime. Just plain junk or prices are too high..

Hello fellow treasure hunters. Long time lurker but it was this sub forum that got me wanting to share. I've always read the detecting and coin/metal forums but never really paid attention to what was below them. lol

Anyways, thrifting and rummaging is really my thing. The Garage Sale season out here in Titletown starts in late April. Last weekend in April, during a neighborhood sale, I found this box for $5.

View attachment 1464968

65 games video games from the 80's. Atari and ColecoVision Games w/boxes and manuals and Commodore VIC-20 games/cassettes with manuals. SO, paid less than a $1 per each

Here are the Atari and ColecoVision games.

View attachment 1464969 View attachment 1464970

A great batch and I haven't even shown the VIC-20 games. Anyways, some sales:

-Quest for Quintana Roo (eBay) $100
-Tomarc the Barbarian (eBay; VIC-20) $75
-Mario Bros (eBay) $35
-Pitfall II (Craigslist) $15
-Lot of remaining ColecoVision games (Craigslist) $70
-Lot of remaining VIC-20 games (Sold to local game store) $50

I still have the remaining Atari games and will prob sell during my Rummage sale next month. This community rummage also yielded some great LP finds but that's for a different post. Thanks for letting me tell my tale. This has been a nice Spring/Summer for me flipping wise.
Thanks for taking the jump from lurker to poster! Looking forward to seeing more of your finds. :icon_thumleft:

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a few yard sales last weekend. One woman was cleaning out her mother's house and apparently her uncle either lived there too or at least kept a lot of stuff there. I found two of these knockoff Swiss Army style multi-tool pocketknives. Both unopened and still in the plastic, which by now has yellowed with age. Each was 75 cents and I just sold one for $5, another one is still active on the Bay.

knife1-1 small.jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great returns. I haven't found anything worthy of posting for a while but then I haven't ben able to get out and search much either. I've been reduced to looking for items on ebay that aren't listed quite right just to satisfy my buyng/picking need.Went out today to about half dozen sales, didn't spend a dime. Just plain junk or prices are too high..

I was watching a junk drawer lot. The guy had a Bucherer watch in the lot and spelled it as bucherar. I didn't bid, but probably should have. The watch itself would have sold for $250+ for parts. The lot went for $72.xx

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people at this sale laughed at me for buying. Said they didn't think they would ever sell! Paid $1. Not a huge profit with free shipping. But still better then a $1 in my pocket!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499783184.741038.jpg

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I have sold a few $1 or less items this past couple months. Nothing to write home about. Most things selling for $15-$20 w/ free shipping. Small, easy to list and package/ship type items. I need to run a bunch of .99 auctions so I can boost my sales count for the past year. I've has been below 100 sales a year for several months now. Lost my powerseller and top rated seller status all at once, lol. Big whoop right. At any rate, keep 'em coming.

ps- I did sell 2 TI-84 calculators within an hour of listing for $50 that I picked up for $1 each. Guy gave me a negative fb though for not responding back to him within 24 hours over the holiday weekend. Says half the keys were stiff or sticky on one of them. Pure BS! I'll add his name to the ebay forum thread about buyers to beware of.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I have sold a few $1 or less items this past couple months. Nothing to write home about. Most things selling for $15-$20 w/ free shipping. Small, easy to list and package/ship type items. I need to run a bunch of .99 auctions so I can boost my sales count for the past year. I've has been below 100 sales a year for several months now. Lost my powerseller and top rated seller status all at once, lol. Big whoop right. At any rate, keep 'em coming.

ps- I did sell 2 TI-84 calculators within an hour of listing for $50 that I picked up for $1 each. Guy gave me a negative fb though for not responding back to him within 24 hours over the holiday weekend. Says half the keys were stiff or sticky on one of them. Pure BS! I'll add his name to the ebay forum thread about buyers to beware of.

s-l1600.jpg

What a douche. Because you didn't respond back to his offer? That's crazy!

I try to find one dollar items just continue to add on your thread. Because if I continue than someone else will add something for a dollar that's worth more. Love reading the thread!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A55 wipe looking for a partial refund.

What Me Worry?

Jun 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more sales for the month:

IMG_3568.JPG

Bought for .50 cents, sold $80 (eBay)

IMG_3575.JPG IMG_3576.JPG IMG_3578.JPG

Bought for .50 cents, sold for $40 (eBay)

IMG_3603.JPG

Bought for .25, sold for $19.99 (eBay)

IMG_3629.JPG

Bought for .50 cents, Sold for $15 (CList)

IMG_3660.JPG

Bought for $8, Sold for $46.99 (eBay)

IMG_3705.JPG IMG_3706.JPG IMG_3709.JPG

Bought $6 ( I know, I know), Sold for $325 (CList)
Very hard to give this up.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a few recent ones of mine, Bought for a dollar, sold for $40 and shipping. Went to Texas, no surprise there.

Etsy11711.JPG

This one was .99, sold for 29.99 and shipping. Old windows promotional stuff does well, keep an eye out for it.

ebay11481.JPG

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fun thread! You guys are good at this.
I just returned to the buying and selling game this year, but am having fun. Here are a few recent $1 successes:
23rdgoodSDC10720.JPG Old British military buttons (paid about 50 cents, sold $86)
20170116_205854.jpg Old metal tiki (paid about $1, sold $15)
20170604_172230.jpg Teddy Roosevelt mug (paid $1, sold $30)
20170604_173016.jpg W.W.II Unit History (paid 50 cents, sold $65)

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paid .50. Sold for $100 shipped

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500832396.058106.jpg

And if that's not sweet, I got a whole box of it for $.50 apiece and everything sells between $25-$50 each. $.50!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500832452.165227.jpg

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Made two nice sales this weekend...
s-l1601.jpg
Cave painting replica... paid $1, sold $35
s-l1600.jpg
"Monsters and Madonnas" photography book (1967)... paid $1, sold $80

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread