Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What Me Worry?

Jun 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's it cost to ship one of those approx? And did that price include shipping? If you don't mind me asking that is.

$52.99 + $8.00 shipping. I'll update actual when I ship it out on Monday. First time shipping one of these.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just sold a nerf gun similar in size I think and it cost $9.53 but it was through that FedEx post office thing smart post... from Florida to Maryland. Not sure about priority mail prices

$52.99 + $8.00 shipping. I'll update actual when I ship it out on Monday. First time shipping one of these.
Thanks to both of you. Good to know if I ever run across one of these. I may already have but it's not something that's on my radar because it's not in my usual area of buying. When I see kid toys I usually turn the other way. I'll try to pay attention to large toy plastic water and nerf guns. Seems as if size matters with these things.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to both of you. Good to know if I ever run across one of these. I may already have but it's not something that's on my radar because it's not in my usual area of buying. When I see kid toys I usually turn the other way. I'll try to pay attention to large toy plastic water and nerf guns. Seems as if size matters with these things.

Also date of production, especially with super soakers the older they are the better.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also date of production, especially with super soakers the older they are the better.
Thanks.

I'll have something to add to this post next week. I'll have to wait and see how it does at auction. It was an item purchased for .50 that I listed last night. It already has 2 bids, 11 watchers and 4 messages to me requesting a buy it now price. So we'll see.

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600. Garrett ProPointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all! I found a small box of wheat cents for face value at a garage sale a while back, nothing special but still paid .60 sold 7.50.

What Me Worry?

Jun 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's it cost to ship one of those approx? And did that price include shipping? If you don't mind me asking that is.

OK, this was an eye opener on shipping Super Soakers. I have a 3lb mail scale at home, I never really sell anything real heavy, but after packing this, I figured it would be around 4lb. Priority Mail should be about $13-$15. Post Office weighs it, a little under 4 lb and the csr says $13.30 but wait, she has to measure. Dammitt, I did not keep this in mind. New price.......$35.00. WTF!?!?!? Went to FDX and was able to get 2day for $23. It was a big loss on the shipping. Next time I flip these it will only be locally. No more ebay for the Super Soakers. Chalk it up as a learning experience.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, this was an eye opener on shipping Super Soakers. I have a 3lb mail scale at home, I never really sell anything real heavy, but after packing this, I figured it would be around 4lb. Priority Mail should be about $13-$15. Post Office weighs it, a little under 4 lb and the csr says $13.30 but wait, she has to measure. Dammitt, I did not keep this in mind. New price.......$35.00. WTF!?!?!? Went to FDX and was able to get 2day for $23. It was a big loss on the shipping. Next time I flip these it will only be locally. No more ebay for the Super Soakers. Chalk it up as a learning experience.
Jesus, how big was the package? I always print my labels via ebay. It's cheaper. I guess they consider any package that's over 12" a large package. I think it's crazy that you shipped it cheaper using Fedex versus using USPS. I've never heard of such a thing.

What Me Worry?

Jun 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I usually print my labels at home but when it's something that's just too heavy for my scale I take it to USPS. I mentioned it to the clerk that I saved close to $12 using FDX and she mentioned that when it comes to bigger packages they tend to be cheaper. Plus, it's a 2day v a 2-3 Priority.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I usually print my labels at home but when it's something that's just too heavy for my scale I take it to USPS. I mentioned it to the clerk that I saved close to $12 using FDX and she mentioned that when it comes to bigger packages they tend to be cheaper. Plus, it's a 2day v a 2-3 Priority.

Fedex is a lot cheaper on the big items. Fedex label can also be printed at home.

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to turn this into a shipping topic, but here is the super duper secret code to determine if there will be a USPS surcharge on your shipment:

For rectangular parcels:

1) Measure the length, width, and height in inches. Round off each measurement to the nearest whole inch.
2) Multiply the length by the width by the height: L x W x H = Volume in Cubic Inches
3) If the result exceeds 1,728 cubic inches, divide the result by 194 and round up to the next whole number to determine the dimensional weight in pounds: (Volume in Cubic Inches)/194 = Dimensional Weight

So a 20 X 10 X 8 package is safe (1,600 cubic inches)
But a 20 X 10 X 9 package moves you over (1,800 cubic inches). Divide that by 194 gives you 9.27. Therefore, the package will be charged at 10 pounds, even if it only weighs 3 pounds.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.

I'll have something to add to this post next week. I'll have to wait and see how it does at auction. It was an item purchased for .50 that I listed last night. It already has 2 bids, 11 watchers and 4 messages to me requesting a buy it now price. So we'll see.
As promised, bought for .50 cents and sold for $325... NYPD CHIEF OF DEPT. JOSEPH J ESPOSITO CHALLENGE COIN CITY OF NEW YORK POLICE | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes , I saw your post here on Jul, 31 - and I checked you ebay stuff , I figured it would go for $60 - $80 - wow ! Nice Fliporama !

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I just sold a board game, Waterloo, by Avalon Hill. The box was opened, but all of the cardboard pieces were still in tact. Paid $1, Sold today for $125

trainmom

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0122.JPG

Well, I'll see if this works. A couple years ago we cleaned out my husband's grandparents house, they had passed a while ago and his old maid Aunt had lived there her whole life........this was found buried in a room. Our son found it and we figured we'd see if it would sell. Imagine our surprise when it went for over $600 on eBay. Made it worth spending 3 weekends of our fall cleaning it out!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread