Post your $1 (or less) Finds Here w/ Sold For Prices

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Umm...Indigo Knight...we are gonna need to know the title of the mat music cd set that sold for $240!! And you are raking in the steady cash! Great!

It was a 25 year old jazz CD set. Just as with vinyl records, albums in this genre were produced in very small quantities, and modern demand by collectors and jazz enthusiasts tends to greatly exceed supply.

Most CDs are near worthless, but I found two plastic tubs full of CDs at a yard sale for $30. Most were new, sealed jazz CDs. About 300 CDs total, so it works out to $0.10 a CD. I pulled out over $2,100 worth of inventory for Amazon, $250 for eBay, then sold the leftovers for $34 to two local music stores. I also kept the plastic bins, which are really nice with lids and would cost around $30 retail.

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
A few recent EBay sales:
WWII Unit History - paid $0.50, sold $61
Old pewter button with lettering - paid ~$0.25, sold $15.50
Sales have been pretty slow but I just found some new inventory, so things should pick up.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 119

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am getting the jump on this one. It is a 1925 Hudson Bay Company silver commemorative half dollar. I coin roll hunt and got this at a bank for 50¢. It is at auction right now. Three days left and with 3 days left it has bid up to $89.00 This is a real nice coin.

I started at 99¢ with a $150 buy it now. I got a frantic message from someone. He said while he was doing the BIN someone bid 99¢ and locked him out. He wanted me to cancel the bid and sell to him for $150 I didn't like telling him I couldn't do it.

I told him to make $150 bid and he might get cheaper. So far I do not see his bid.

Attachments

• HBC HALF 1925 F.JPG
    HBC HALF 1925 F.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 136
  • HBC HALF 1925 B.JPG
    HBC HALF 1925 B.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 145

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I've been away from the garage sale, flea market and thrift store hunting game for a while, but I'm back now! I picked up this hat up at a thrift shop for .99 cents, and sold it BIN on eBay for $59.99. Hublot is a high end European watch maker, and Palmaveya is a prestigious Mediterranean sailing regatta. Combine two desirable subjects - watches and sailing, and the result is a quick and profitable sale!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 146

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506884345.532315.jpg

Got it for free from my mama. took an offer of $200 for it.

My parents own the house we live in and we pay them rent but until they sell their other house we have to pay the full mortgage payment here. So the coin she gave me that I sold for $200, I get to give her all the money back in 15 days.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1500024

Got it for free from my mama. took an offer of $200 for it.

My parents own the house we live in and we pay them rent but until they sell their other house we have to pay the full mortgage payment here. So the coin she gave me that I sold for $200, I get to give her all the money back in 15 days.
Nice! I remember your post about this WW1 Lone Scouts medal.

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Another $1 flip

I bought these vintage Halloween decorations about two weeks ago at a flea market for $1 and sold them this week for $34.45. Not bad! :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• 20170927_234816.jpg
    20170927_234816.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 160

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
wooden shelf pulled out of dumpster, sold for $35 (flea market)
Antique cart wheel paid $1 sold for $17 (flea market)
Tiki mug paid $1 sold for $5 (flea market)
copper vase paid $0.50 sold for $1.05 (scrapyard)
Stepen King paperback paid $0.25 sold for $1 (flea market)
vintage bicycle bell paid $0.50 sold for $2 (flea market)
PS1 game paid $0.50 sold for $12 (Amazon)

Also, a classic from two years ago:

backpack paid $1, pulled out a quarter and working cigarette lighter, then sold for $10 (flea market)

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this Cassette Tape for .25, I listen to cassettes in my car so I'm always checking at thrift stores for decent music. This looked liked a first edition release so I bought it, it ended up selling for $10 and shipping, not bad for a tape.

s-l1600.jpg

Found this little binder made out of a wyoming license plate in a dumpster, sold it for $15 and shipping.

s-l1600-1.jpg

Got this nice stetson straw cowboy hat for .50, it was a small size so I only got $20 + shipping for it. If you find cowboy hats, average to large sizes sell much better.

s-l1600-2.jpg

This was an unusual one, a single LL Bean Boot. It was at a place I go to that has huge bins full of shoes, and its mate was nowhere to be found. I knew it would get thrown away for not having a match, but it was in such good shape that I bought it for a dollar. I figured the pairs sell very well, maybe someone needs just one? After selling at least 5 different times to people who didn't read the listing and thought it was a pair, it finally sold yesterday for $10. I was hoping to get more, but it's still money.

s-l1600-3.jpg

Happy hunting everyone, thanks for keeping this thread going!

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
weighted sterling candlesticks paid $1 each, sold for $13.50 each (scrap)
sterling earrings paid $0.50 a pair, sold for $2-$10 pair (scrap)
hardcover self-help book found in free pile at garage sale, sold for $35 (Amazon)
Italian cookbook found in free pile at garage sale, sold for $15 (Amazon)
incomplete socket set found in dumpster, sold for $5 (flea market)
broken band saw found on side of road, scrapped for $5 and sold the motor for $40 (flea market)

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This came from an estate sale just a few blocks from my house. Late on the 2nd day of a 3 day sale, it was 1 dollar.

1950s Sako Rhiimaki/Vixen L46 rifle magazine in .222 Remington. A rather hard to find item and in serious demand by Sako collectors.

Sold for 120.00

Attachments

• IMG_5246.JPG
    IMG_5246.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_5243.JPG
    IMG_5243.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 175
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a little while since I posted anything. Just started listing again (sort of) these last couple weeks. I bought these vintage doll toys last weekend for .25 each. Listed the lot of them yesterday for $42.99 w/free ship. The sold already. It's the Strawberry Shortcake dolls that are worth the money. I could have pieced them out but I didn't want to deal with it. Easy peasy, already in the mail.

s-l1600.jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a little while since I posted anything. Just started listing again (sort of) these last couple weeks. I bought these vintage doll toys last weekend for .25 each. Listed the lot of them yesterday for $42.99 w/free ship. The sold already. It's the Strawberry Shortcake dolls that are worth the money. I could have pieced them out but I didn't want to deal with it. Easy peasy, already in the mail.

Watch for Wreck-it Ralph stuff too. I found this at a thrift store for a buck, sold for $60. Even used they sell for around $40

Attachments

• vanellope1.jpg
    vanellope1.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read where silver and gold have been found at garage/yard sales for pocket change, but in my four years of garage sales, I've only seen someone else's pictures and read their words. Finally, it's happened to me!

The community-wide garage sale was great and the necklace, bracelet, and earrings were found on it's first day.
The lady had the costume jewelry spread out on a card table and there were already "Pickers"
there when I walked up. The prices were even better: Earrings: .25-cents a pair, Necklaces and Bracelets: .50-cents each.

Lots of "Pickers" going through the jewelry spread out on a card table. I "picked" at the first things that caught my eye. Ended up with 13 pair of earrings, a bracelet, and a 16" formed-to-lay-flat V-necklace.
Spent a total of: $4.25 and thought my knees were going to buckle before I could get it all bagged and paid for. 'Still have 12 pair of costume earrings left over, after this is what I pulled out:

Found silver, one set of earrings and one heavy bracelet. 74 grams of Sterling
Found a gold necklace that forms a point in the middle. 15 grams of 14kp gold

The heart dolphins is 14kt and was inside a "Hallmark folding desk and card box" on a table at the monthly flea market.
I looked inside and saw old birthday cards, some elementary and middle school I.D. cards along with a broken necklace stamped .925
and the heart pendant.
The fellow wanted $5, but when I came back about 20 minutes later and offered $3, he said: :Okay, I'll take it for the box and what's inside."
The .925 weighed 6.3 grams. The 14kt heart weighs 1.1 grams. I figure each item cost me $1.00 each.

The .925 ring and pendant cost $1.00 after coming in late to an estate sale on Saturday shown at the bottom right.

Next to last week's solar panel trailer find, the beginning of the month of May has given me enough excitement I may have to start packing DeFib paddles....

Something similar happened to me, I yardsale every weekend if I can. One sale at 11 am they had a big jewelry box with lots of costume jewelry but I pulled 2 or 3 rings and broken settings pieces junk scrap gold... she said $1 Each I said.. you know there is some real stuff in here, and she said... then your the lucky one ... $1 each and I said I was surprised to see real stuff at 11am after all the other pickers.. sold $7 worth of scrap for about $800... yeah that was nice..

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something similar happened to me, I yardsale every weekend if I can. One sale at 11 am they had a big jewelry box with lots of costume jewelry but I pulled 2 or 3 rings and broken settings pieces junk scrap gold... she said $1 Each I said.. you know there is some real stuff in here, and she said... then your the lucky one ... $1 each and I said I was surprised to see real stuff at 11am after all the other pickers.. sold $7 worth of scrap for about $800... yeah that was nice..

Sometimes it pays to be honest in this business and sometimes it’s worth it just to pay what the sellers asking. I remember going and buying a jewelry box at a yard sale for a couple bucks, went into the car and searched it. came back and asked her if she had the match to one earring that was gold, she said let me see, took me inside and showed me all her gold. Wow. I went broke that day. But... it can eat you too. Another time did the same thing, they wanted the earring back and got really pissy.

I feel if they set the price then that’s what it is. If they want me to make an offer then it can get expensive. I’m fine with expensive but I don’t want to throw myself under the bus either.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple recent items the first being this antique lithographer's printing stone that was $1, took a $100 offer after only a few days of listing because the guy was from Ohio and I figured it was going back home, that and I put a high price on it anyway. Didn't exactly know what it was when I bought it but I knew it wasn't a doorstop, which was what it was being used for. This was solved here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/559323-historically-interesting-whatsit-just-doorstop.html ....

attachment.php

Got this beauty for $1 also, sold for $42.99 free ship in a few days....

IMG_0431 (1280x844).jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions