Post Your Codes(hot/cold) from the Boxes!!

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I have been lurking and crh for over a month now.

Let's post your codes from the boxes you get!! (if this is TOO private, PM me and I will delete this post)

I will update your codes (w/user name) into mine for easy viewing.

Format for the post:

EXAMPLE: Denomination - Company - Code - # of Silvers
IE: Half - Strings & Son - 6666 - 50 silvers
Dime - Brinks - 9999 - 2 silvers

I'll start on mine:

Dime - Strings & Son - 5693 - 1 silver
Dime - Strings & Son - 4423 - 0 silver
Dime - Brinks - no code - 1 silver

palidin20603:

String Halves- no code- 4 to 21 silver halves per box
String Halves- 4015- skunk or 1 silver half per box
String Halves- 5690 - 1 silver per box
String Halves - 5734 - 4 to 21 silver halves per box

Updated 10/14/2011

Upvote 0

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I primarily get brinks boxes of halves, and to be honest, i have never seen or noticed any sort of code or anything on any of my boxes. Where do you guys find the codes? Are they on all boxes?

As far as results, shiity lately.
4 boxes of halves last night, 1 silver. At least it was a 1964. The bad part, was that it was in the first box i opened, showing as a reverse ender. next 3 boxes were skunks.
I have had 5 enders from brinks boxes in the last few months. 4 out of 5, the ender was the ONLY silver in the entire box. The other box, (5 out of 5 with an ender), had 2 enders, with 12 silvers total, which is my best box from brinks to date. Pretty slim if you ask me.

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes they do sometimes they dont, for strings its stamped on the printed circle if there IS a code.

Rock,

I have been hitting bottom too, 2 dime boxes gave 1 silver, 1961D. and 4 halves spitted out 1 walker, 1 40% and 1 99 s proof. This week been getting scattered MWRs ($500) with NOT 1 silver.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
ahsq said:
sometimes they do sometimes they dont, for strings its stamped on the printed circle if there IS a code.
Don't discount the date stamps on some boxes, just as useful as the 4 digit code.

I've never seen a code on a brinks box, this is likely only valid for the flat yellow string boxes.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
silver spoon said:
next we are going to be selling boxes with weird codes for a profit just cause there different.Like 7777777.Like collecting bills with solid numbers they are worth more that face for bills like that!
Heh... I'll put up an unsearched no code North East box... wanna start the bidding? ;D

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
db23 said:
silver spoon said:
next we are going to be selling boxes with weird codes for a profit just cause there different.Like 7777777.Like collecting bills with solid numbers they are worth more that face for bills like that!
Heh... I'll put up an unsearched no code North East box... wanna start the bidding? ;D

$520 and I'll pay shipping :laughing7:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
db23 said:
ahsq said:
Don't discount the date stamps on some boxes, just as useful as the 4 digit code.

Seriously don't bother trying to chase codes or try to figure them out. In all my years of CRH'ing, I've come to the conclusion that they are only part of an inside joke by Loomis. I've got boxes dated in the past (really old dates) filled with coins from the future of that date. I've got boxes dated in the future. Some boxes have codes, some don't. Loomis has to have some of the worst quality control that I've ever experienced. When I was hitting Loomis hard, there were always short rolls, but I didn't complain as I considered it a fee for all the silver that I was culling. When the silver dried up from Loomis, they became my dump. Every now and then, I'll sample Loomis, but they still suck.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree about Loomis, nothing great has come from them consistantly.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
halves in my area do not come with codes. Brinks coin do though(except for halves).

Sometimes* brinks boxes are stamped with a date and machine number, sometimes not, about 60% of the time they are not stamped.

dossier

Aug 23, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't buy boxes from this bank anymore, skunks everytime with this handwritten code: C4 F (I think)

Mmmvm.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread