OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be some higher end stuff anyway, even if it isn't old. I thought I may have saw a megabass pop x in there, but it's pretty hard to tell.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheech, in the first picture in the middle and second lure from the back is red and white with white eyes, what is that? I found one years ago and stool have it.
Kyle-

It's a creek chub pikie

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know the approx age/value? Thanks!

Not real sure of the age maybe around the 50s and price range that I've seen 5 to 20 depending on condition i'm sure somebody on here will know better than me

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be some higher end stuff anyway, even if it isn't old. I thought I may have saw a megabass pop x in there, but it's pretty hard to tell.

Is this what you saw? If so you have the eye of a tiger holy cow! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484715581.787439.jpg

Here are the other ones that were in the front

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484715662.895476.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484715810.076575.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wasn't the popper that I thought it was, but that's a rapala skitter pop. It's probably worth $8 or so. They're really good baits.

In picture 2, the black and the white jerkbaits in the center of the picture are rapala x raps, that normally bring about $6 each.

Then in picture 3, the second crankbait down (squarebill) should have a mark on it somewhere. It may be marked with an x looking decal on the bottom. If so, it's an H2O express and isn't worth that much. If it has a signature on the top though or says LC 1.5, 2.5, 0.5, etc. under it, then it's a lucky craft that's worth somewhere around $10-$20 depending on what it is.

The others are just pretty common baits, a couple of them are discontinued, but they're all worth about $3-$6 each. Let me know if you need anymore help on id or value. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not real sure of the age maybe around the 50s and price range that I've seen 5 to 20 depending on condition i'm sure somebody on here will know better than me

Yeah, somewhere around the 50s or 60s most likely, but they were spread out pretty good. $5-$20 is a pretty good number, but I don't see that one in that color bringing $20. Probably closer to $10 for that model and color. :thumbsup:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. Doesn't look like this has been updated in a while but these are not the prettiest Lewers but they do have some boxes. Just wanted to share real quick. Paid 20 bucks for everything which was probably not the best deal but I also got 165 fly fishing lines as well and sold those for $150. So the stuff is just extra. What is the yellow and metal green fish called? Junk? [emoji15]

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500759408.807712.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500759456.201611.jpg

Also the red sinker looking things are they worth anything? I don't know what the red plastic thing is. The guy had tons of hand tied flies but he wanted to do three dollars apiece for them... I just left them.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500759646.440932.jpg

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The yellow and green lure is called a Spoonplug. Made famous by a guy named Buck Perry. that's a keeper...

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The red plastic thing is a hook remover. You slide it down the line to the hook and push down to dislodge the hook...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The red plastic thing is a hook remover. You slide it down the line to the hook and push down to dislodge the hook...

I would've paid to have this thing 20 years ago. Caught a largemouth bass and was able to get the hook lodged into my thumb and not out of the fish. I ended up squeezing the fish into pieces because of the pain. My mom took the hook out of my hand because our insurance was bad. And to this day I still have no feeling in the side of my thumb!

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's not fun beachkid. I had a smallmouth flip a hook into my pointer finger this weekend. Then he quickly ripped it back out though. I don't know if that was good or bad. :laughing7:

Info given above was correct. The spoon plug is a pretty good one. I can't really tell what the top left one is, but it may be worth getting a closer pic of sometime when you get a chance. Also, the heddon box with the guy on the cover should have a number on one end of it. Grab a pic of that when you can too, some of those boxes get expensive. $20 for that pile of lures in the pic wouldn't have been bad if you had just got them. Nice find! :thumbsup:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
1980 was the last I recall devote spoonpluggers selling them ( spoon plugs)at a gas station they owned.

Your location is noted as Florida ,but those red sinker things made of lead and electrical clips are not really roach clips.
They can be used as in Europe to check water depth ( plummet?)

Here in the north where ice fishing is common and before electronics were common " depth finders" much like yours were used to determine where bottom was. ( Squeeze clip open and note enclosed gaps in one jaw. Put hook through one gap and relax tension. With hook shank pointed up the hook is now secure. Let out line till bottom is reached. Tighten to just touch bottom . Now a float can be adjusted to present offering a few inches plus or minus from the bottom where fish often hang. Raise line ,remove depth finder ,bait and feed line back to preset depth. Then raise in increments if no bites.) If a float is not desired a knot of other material can mark depth ,or on certain reels a removable peg indicates stop point.

Depth finders were often clipped on a pocket flap or on coat flap to be convenient and not get lost. ( Dropped objects are attracted to holes in ice.)

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1980 was the last I recall devote spoonpluggers selling them ( spoon plugs)at a gas station they owned.

Your location is noted as Florida ,but those red sinker things made of lead and electrical clips are not really roach clips.

Here in the north where ice fishing is common and before electronics were common " depth finders" much like yours were used to determine where bottom was. ( Squeeze clip open and note enclosed gaps in one jaw. Put hook through one gap and relax tension. With hook shank pointed up the hook is now secure. Let out line till bottom is reached. Tighten to just touch bottom . Now a float can be adjusted to present offering a few inches plus or minus from the bottom where fish often hang. Raise line ,remove depth finder ,bait and feed line back to preset depth. Then raise in increments if no bites.) If a float is not desired a knot of other material can mark depth ,or on certain reels a removable peg indicates stop point.

Depth finders were often clipped on a pocket flap or on coat flap to be convenient and not get lost. ( Dropped objects are attracted to holes in ice.)
Nice explanation on the depth finders.

Speaking of hook removers, here is an old Pflueger hook remover I found a while back...

DSC08015.JPG

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you very much for all info. I actually bought them in Pennsylvania at an estate sale. However I was able sell the threads up there. I was limited to a printer so I just mailed all of Lewers down to Florida. And hopefully once my kids go back to school in two weeks I'll be able to get some of these things sold. Trying to get all the appointments taken care of before school starts again. Thank you again!

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 2 top left are hula poppers. The 2 with the metal shields in the front are Jitterbugs. All 4 are surface lures. I don't know what the minnow is called, but the one in the middle is called a "Lazy Ike" if I remember correctly....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread