DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My quest, when I lived close to Arizona was to find a brass number tag the Calvary made the Apaches wear while living on the reservation. I tried to get on a Mescalero Apache reservation many times without success. One tribal board president told me it was better to keep stuff like that lost. That was my last attempt.
To me relics of the sort are just pieces of history.I have had people tell me the same about civil war relics,"should just leave that stuff in the ground where it belongs"of course that usually comes from people who aren't interested.I mean if someone wanted to be real sentimental,they could say that about most any war relics, native artifacts,slave relics that are out there.Too me relics are "just relics",something that tells a story from a long time past good or bad.I have to give it to you,that was a ballsy move,I have enough trouble with just knocking on peoples doors sometimes

Last edited:
OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt they used those for shackles, but like I said before, this topic runs hand-in-hand with the saga of the infamous caltrop.
I don't think so now either.I have always wanted to find a caltrop,but I have always heard them referred to as a crows foot.That's another one on the old bucket list.

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an interesting slave/servant relic:laughing7:
cer11.jpg

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me relics of the sort are just pieces of history.I have had people tell me the same about civil war relics,"should just leave that stuff in the ground where it belongs"of course that usually comes from people who aren't interested.I mean if someone wanted to be real sentimental,they could say that about most any war relics, native artifacts,slave relics that are out there.Too me relics are "just relics",something that tells a story from a long time past good or bad.I have to give it to you,that was a ballsy move,I have enough trouble with just knocking on peoples doors sometimes
Ahhhh...I also have trouble knocking on stranger's doors. Like to keep to my self so I figure other folks don't want to be bothered also. But, on the reservation thing...I'm 1/2 Apache and I called in a lot of markers just to meet with the tribal president...All to no avail. Oh well.

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here you go...

photo 4.JPG

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what I'm talking about!Very nice rare piece.I know they are all rare,but them porter tags are more rarer then the,and i stress to say "more commonly" found servant tags. Very nice piece,thanks for the view and thank you for posting!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread