Posting for Hikeinmts(aka Dad)

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
These pics are from my Dad(aka hikeinmts). I am resizing them for him(hope it works). This set of pics are coming to you from South Korea, which is where he lives. I've been to several sites with him and can attest to the strength and endurance training that usually goes into getting to these sites. Takes a lot of research, but ultimately you have to hike to the site to determine if it's there. Have had some really beautiful experiences while out hunting coins with Dad(from artifacts recovered, and beautiful scenery, to just spending quality time with him). He WILL hike your legs off(at least they'll feel like they are falling off by the end of the hunt :tongue3:) Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0591[1].jpg
    IMG_0591[1].jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 491
Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
Ok, first pic is some coins come straight from the ground. Second and third pics are of an old Bhuddist Monastery about 800 years old. Last pic is a possible coin site.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice finds--well done on the pics.

All the best,

Lanny

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try to get more detailed pictures of the coins I am finding......thanks Mike, for letting me run them through you.
Last couple of years, I have found a few $1,000. coins. Sold one at auction last month, but still have the most exciting
coin. Will try to get that off to Mike shortly.
The one picture isn't a Buddhist monastry. It is an old farm house that has been converted to a religious shrine
type of thing. It is close to several sites that have produced some nice coins over the years.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! Yes your dad is a hiking machine and I was astounded how he found that coin site him and I hunted . He can read those Korean hills like a book and go straight up the side of a mountain like a tank. I was very impressed and worn out after our hunt a year or so ago. I had a blast. :icon_thumright:.

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting stuff. I was there recently.
My wife's family and I spend New Years in Korea sometimes. Great place, love the food. ;D

Keep us updated on your finds. :icon_thumleft:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome to finally see some pics from you bud!!Cant wait for more!!Keep em coming! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread