Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had only a couple of hours today, but the weather was nice and we are running out of time with field hunting. Still checking new fields to get the roman site were looking for. Last weekend i had only one roman, 1st Ct As. Today i met the farmer on a field just north of this site and got permission for his fields too.
Got some bits and pieces, nothing special. Funny thing is that i told the farmer if i get 5 coins in the short time i will be happy. And i got 5 coins. Wonder what happened if i had said 50 coins.... :tongue3:
Coins were prussian 1 Pfennig, 1825, 1870. Prussian 3 Pfennig 1863. Aluminium 50 Pfennig WWII timeframe (eagle with swastika) a scrappie and piece of a small hammered.

Attachments

• 1 004_800_450.jpg
    1 004_800_450.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 594
  • 1 014_800_450.jpg
    1 014_800_450.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 625
  • 1 009_800_450.jpg
    1 009_800_450.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 633
  • 1 011_800_450.jpg
    1 011_800_450.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 613
Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cool finds. Nothing that old in my neck of the woods. Congratulations!

All the best,

Lanny

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, your sun looks just like ours.

Nice finds.

Eagle

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep on covering that land, we are doing new land now & its hard work. A negative response helps with crossing it off the list.
Not sure how you hunt new land, but Dad & I, do large zig-zags down each side of the field & zig-zags up the middle. This soon gives you signs of whether its worth gridding & where to grid from. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Keep on covering that land, we are doing new land now & its hard work. A negative response helps with crossing it off the list.
Not sure how you hunt new land, but Dad & I, do large zig-zags down each side of the field & zig-zags up the middle. This soon gives you signs of whether its worth gridding & where to grid from. :icon_thumright:

Thanks Cru! That is exact what we do too. I have permission for almost all fields we talked about. Still waiting for the ones at the most promising spots. We have not much time left and i have no chance to get off work... :-\ And You know how big this area is. :tongue3: But we come closer! We had some roman scrappies and medieval.
It just takes some time. :icon_thumleft:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Westfront said:
CRUSADER said:

Thanks Cru! That is exact what we do too. I have permission for almost all fields we talked about. Still waiting for the ones at the most promising spots. We have not much time left and i have no chance to get off work... :-\ And You know how big this area is. :tongue3: But we come closer! We had some roman scrappies and medieval.
True, but it takes lots of time :wink: :icon_thumright:

Some scrappies (like we had, 4 in 2 days), plus some pot shards, is what we call scatter. It could mean you are a field or two off the site, or worse its random losses. You're close, most likely, & on their trail. You will success :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Westfront said:
CRUSADER said:

True, but it takes lots of time :wink: :icon_thumright:

Some scrappies (like we had, 4 in 2 days), plus some pot shards, is what we call scatter. It could mean you are a field or two off the site, or worse its random losses. You're close, most likely, & on their trail. You will success :thumbsup:

It's 2000 years in the ground, so "some time" is relative... :laughing9: I'll let You know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread