Pot growers threatening the Coho

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very well said,well stated John!
NCmaker.....I am the pain in the ass?Really,so when I spit a big ole loogey from my Beechnut Plug on your shoe,you are now the Pain??I fail to see your reasoning and why dont you come out here bout May/June,and I will send ya on a little nature hike.....will pick ya up at the bottom,then we can see who needs to "relax" :thumbsup:

Beechnut Loogey ......... :laughing7: .

falsesignal

Greenie
Aug 8, 2011
Lake Tahoe
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grow organic. smoke up! you'll find more gold, easier to focus task at hand

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
grow organic. smoke up! you'll find more gold, easier to focus task at hand

If we did that, we would all be searching the hills and deserts, for Taco Bell, In and Out Burger, and garlic OREO's instead of gold:laughing9::laughing7::laughing7::laughing9:

Last edited:
OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my grand dad or any of my forefathers ever needed any dope so I dont figure I do either.I dont care what you do,dont step on my toes

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More damage is being done by the growers than could ever be done by the smokers. And when did my fish and game dollars get approved to chase this issue? This is a federal matter and the USFS needs to get out from behind their desks and take the lead here.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FS enforcement will NOT go out to many areas now without CDFG backup-POSI Mountain is just one of a 1,000 examples in trinity county as the cartels removed the road signs and replaced with their own POT MOUNTAIN. When the waters and riparian habitat became polluted ,CDFG with a interagency task force called Operation Green Harvest, became involved. When you come across many MANY DOZENS of rotting deer,bear and every forest critter carcasses there is in a dump area CDFG move in. In dayz of old you smelled buds a balzn' on the wind, now crap,dead animals and rotting garbage have replaced the skunk smell-John

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son (RIP) played in an L A band. I got his 4 string "slab" (bass Guitar). I found a small decal on the back.... a pic of a small pot plant and the words.... take care of your buds. (he he). TTC

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Because it's NOT a little weed. The cartels have moved it and obliterated the forests in trinity,shasta and siskiyou counties. The wetbacks have killed all the deer for fresh meat. Poisoned the waters with rat poison--which also contaminates the bud through the root systems and overspray on the plants-- pesticides such as malathion,chlordane and 2-4 D(illegal in the US for dozens of years) and with dozens crapping all over the place leaving tons of trash to contaminate the air,water and scenery forever. Big difference between a local yokel grow with a few plants than a dozen wets with thousands. I associate with rangers both BLm / FS and what I've been shown and SEEN MYSELF with feets on the ground is permanent damage . I've always had a leave me alone in the creek and I'll leave ya alone in the hills attitude but that's dead now as BOOBYTRAPS have been found all over my claims and games on mo'fo's now-John

Being a bit overdramtic aren't you? Dude I am all over Shasta, Trinity, & Siskiyou. Yes the cartels have a few grows no doubt but not like you make it sound. Sounds like your watching too much Wild Justice.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those poor farmers are like us prospectors trying to make it with what we got!!! It's all propaganda!! THE ONLY PROBLEM WE HAVE IS OUR GOVERNMENT LIE CHEAT STEAL AND NO ONE IN OFFICE GIVES A @!$%^%$^%&^ ABOUT THIS COUNTRY JUST ABOUT GETTING RICH. I've been all over these hills in cali and I've yet to see any CARTELL maybe some relatives or some other corn fed farmer..

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just see poor farmers too. So poor they run down the highway barefoot in full camo while carrying backpacks. And so poor when the buy all the Miracle Grow the store has all they can pay with is $100 bills. Watched a helicopter take bundle after bundle of drip irrigation out of the forest the other day. You know how many miles of drip a helo can lift in a bundle? A lot. A very lot.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those poor farmers are like us prospectors trying to make it with what we got!!! It's all propaganda!! THE ONLY PROBLEM WE HAVE IS OUR GOVERNMENT LIE CHEAT STEAL AND NO ONE IN OFFICE GIVES A @!$%^%$^%&^ ABOUT THIS COUNTRY JUST ABOUT GETTING RICH. I've been all over these hills in cali and I've yet to see any CARTELL maybe some relatives or some other corn fed farmer..
Thats a bunch od BS if I ever seen any,poor farmer my foot,anybody that has spent any amount of time in a truely remote area has seen and sometimes confronted ARMED non citizens,that have no respect for you or our land.Dont you dare compare me to these cockroach's that are sucking the life out of this country

Last edited:

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well the way I see it I find it inspiring to find people who are willing to do the extra work to make a tax free dollar. IT's hard to earn a real living today without beining taxed so there are a few of us who choose different avenues, I prefer gold always some one will trade or buy straight out.. and less legal ramifications maybe I get fined big deal good luck finding any documented income heck ill never pay anyway!! Much better than paying taxes then complaing about it.. Sir you say our land!! its somebodys but it aint ours! As for armed non citzens they have always been here and will always be here..You made this sound like it never happened 20-40 years ago.. same dance same tune maybe you should try changing the record if you want a different result!! My intention is not to offend but rather present an opinion... And I don't think I compared anyone! Maybe you compared yourself? but anyway have fun with these issues hope everything works out for everybody.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we dredged the rivers around Malakoff State Park, on Sundays most weeks we'd end up at the Country Store for some supplies, beer, and pizza. The
pot growers would come in also and sit on the other side - but those were simpler times.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the way I see it I find it inspiring to find people who are willing to do the extra work to make a tax free dollar. IT's hard to earn a real living today without beining taxed so there are a few of us who choose different avenues, I prefer gold always some one will trade or buy straight out.. and less legal ramifications maybe I get fined big deal good luck finding any documented income heck ill never pay anyway!! Much better than paying taxes then complaing about it.. Sir you say our land!! its somebodys but it aint ours! As for armed non citzens they have always been here and will always be here..You made this sound like it never happened 20-40 years ago.. same dance same tune maybe you should try changing the record if you want a different result!! My intention is not to offend but rather present an opinion... And I don't think I compared anyone! Maybe you compared yourself? but anyway have fun with these issues hope everything works out for everybody.

Yea,dont pay tax's,then stay off my roads,stay off MY PUBLIC land,dont call MY Police,or MY Fire Dept.,they are mine paid for with my tax's.You dont think Public land is public?Come try and walk across my land and see what happens then we can see the difference.No this chit wasnt going on 20-30 years ago because MY country had a backbone and stood up,didnt let low life's take over and do what they want.People had pride,morals,and knew where there bread was buttered from............Hard work.Seems you need some looking into some of those.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM you lost me at 'tax free'. Sure we all like to keep our taxes down but like it or not taxes keep the chaos down. If you're not paying your fair share then someone else is having to foot the bill, whether you admit it or not. So yes, as Kuger said, stay off our roads and while your at it stay out of our forests. Without taxes there would be no access.

As far as 'armed non citizens', BIG fricken difference between Joe Stoner growing a few plants and Cartel grows. What would happen to you if you went south a couple of thousand miles and clearcut a few acres, killed off the wildlife and poisoned the water so you could make a few 'tax free dollars'? We would never know, because you would be taking a dirt nap.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM you lost me at 'tax free'. Sure we all like to keep our taxes down but like it or not taxes keep the chaos down. If you're not paying your fair share then someone else is having to foot the bill, whether you admit it or not. So yes, as Kuger said, stay off our roads and while your at it stay out of our forests. Without taxes there would be no access.

As far as 'armed non citizens', BIG fricken difference between Joe Stoner growing a few plants and Cartel grows. What would happen to you if you went south a couple of thousand miles and clearcut a few acres, killed off the wildlife and poisoned the water so you could make a few 'tax free dollars'? We would never know, because you would be taking a dirt nap.

:thumbsup::notworthy:

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure where you're coming from there MM. 20-30 years ago, the cartels grew the pot outside the country and smuggled it in. When they clamped down on the borders, they found it easier to grow it here then to smuggle it in. 20-30 years ago, hippies were growing pot and would be more likely to ask you to join them then to confront you with weapons. If you haven't run into them you are either extremely lucky or haven't ventured off the beaten path. As far as taxes, I don't like to pay the amount of taxes I pay because I don't think all the money is being spent wisely, on the other hand, if we don't pay taxes we won't have the services we all enjoy, including an army to protect the country and people to protect our way of life here at home. Next time a raging fire races towards your house, be sure to tell all those that are coming to your rescue that you don't think they deserve any of your money and that you have never paid anything for them to be there!

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
The cartel is only a small % of the problem. Fact is, we have people coming from every state in the union and all over the world to grow pot . Logs trucks have been replaced with tucks carrying dirt. Reminds me of the gold rush. To say it's out of control in an understatement. When the price dropped I thought "Great" now this insane gold rush will be over. Nope. Think again. They just started growing more to make the same money they used to.

Supervisor Mark Lovelace's Aerial Tour of Humboldt Supergrows (With Photos!) | Lost Coast Outpost | Humboldt County

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea,Madmarshall,lets see how "Mad",you are.....go tromping through the forest in the Emerald Triangle,see how friendly and poor these farmers are!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread