D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought this was a metal detecting forum. This thread has nothing to do with metal detecting and all about weed or whatever you call it. Wonder where the moderators are on this one.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this was a metal detecting forum. This thread has nothing to do with metal detecting and all about weed or whatever you call it. Wonder where the moderators are on this one.
Same place as always right here, thread violates no rules and still on topic.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember when you first posted this.
It was funny then and it is funny now.
It would have been a gas watching you trying not to crack up. Lol

Eat another couple bites of that brownie, and just relax. You'll be cracking up before you know it! :occasion18:

Attachments

• 1488291_646703375367721_1419990193_n.jpg
    1488291_646703375367721_1419990193_n.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buds are old skool. Vaping is the way to go nowadays.

Me friend just gave me a vape pen with two vape cartridges with oil for Christmas. I️ enjoy a pull or two after a long hunt. Make the hour drive home much more enjoyable. Also easier to deal with than the flower. Merry Christmas [emoji319]

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who have not tried vaping regular nico-juice or “other” concoctions...spend the money on a nice Subox unit and quit freakin’ cigs man! Vaping has come a LONG way since Blu...

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddjob,, that is a funny story.
I can just picture you trying to keep a straight face while talking to this stoner. Nine miles from his hotel??
This guy was on another planet. LMAO

davemihm

Feb 1, 2015
Mcminnville or
Detector(s) used
Whites xl Pro 6000 , MX Sport. Coin Master pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO I was out today testing out my machines I just got back from the police. I just need to make sure they work proper according to my insurance company.

This man walks up on me and strikes up a conversation. He was an American, and he said man your and American too. Now keep in mind this fella was MDing with a CTX 3030, I assume because I was testing one my self that is why he walked up on me.

So I asked him if he had found anything. He says yeah man, lots of stuff but he is too stoned to really dig it. I am standing there with my Interpol wind breaker on and my issued side arm. I just sort of chuckled and said what was that buddy. He starts going on about the killer pot in Italy. Says the price is high but really worth it.

A couple minutes later he asked me what resort I was staying at. I said my house is right here. He says well thats cool but he was hoping that I was staying at the same resort he is because he has no idea where it is at, but would know his way around it once he gets inside.

Then he says well cool for you in having a house here in Italy, he says what do you do. I tell him its on my wind breaker. He says Oh wow man, I thought you got that at the flea market. So I said and the side arm, and he says is it real.

Now I am trying very hard not to start laughing my butt off, however at the same time I am trying hard not to bother him either because I am really enjoying this conversation.

He goes on about some odd stuff about animals and beaches, I could not keep up at all. Then he says OK man I need some help. He says he needs to make it back to his resort but has no idea which one it is. So I tell him that he is most likely staying at Europa Camp, and he asked me why I thought that, so I told him because he is wearing an electronic resort ID arm band. I then said well unless you found it. He says he is pretty sure he did not find it because he is too stones to dig anything up.

I started to tell him about where Europe Camp is located, but he pulls out a small joint and lights it up. I was like screw it and just offered to give him a ride back to his sight.

About half way there a friend of mine is standing in a traffic circle in his civilian clothing with his Berretta M12 strapped over his chest and with 2 Uniform Officers. He sees my SUV and signals me to pull over: so I hit my lights and pull over. He just wanted to ask how things where going and invite me out for some fishing in the morning.

He catches that distinct smell of pot and just looks at me. I told him to just get in that we will only be a few minutes and will bring him right back.

So we take this Pot Head MDer to Europe Camp and asked at the front gate if he happened to be a guest there. They knew him straight away and told us where he was staying at, so I told them to open the gates. We go drop him off, make sure he gets settled in and go to leave. We walk out of his bungalow and Resort management is standing there at my SUV. Trying to be as kind and professional as they could they asked if everything was alright.

I said yes all was fine, that one of their guest wondered about 9 miles down the beach, seem dehydrated and certainly was lost so we brought him back. My buddy standing there says, mostly likely because he has smoked too much weed, he says I wonder where an American would get weed at here.

We get in the SUV and drive off back to that traffic circle. I was cracking up telling him all about this guy, he was cracking up because when he got in my SUV the guy got very nervous. I am sure that machine gun my mate had really screwed up his high.

We get back to the traffic circle my mate was at and the uniforms asked what was going on, so my mate tells him what was going on. The one uniform gets all pissy about someone smoking pot in public. I was keeping my own thoughts to my self, his partner tells him it is not a bad drug. By now there is a full blown debate in a traffic circle about if smoking pot should be allowed. The one pissy cop asked me what I thought, I told him it grows naturally, if you do not like it then bust the dealers and growers. My buddy says the same thing, and says nothing would stick at all busting an American Tourist for smoking weed, that his embassy would most likely assist in locating who the pot came from but that would be about it. The other uniform starts telling his partner he does not know how he can get so angry about this because back in high school they both smoked pot.

Anyway, I tested 2 machines and they seem fine. This stoner was the first person I have ever seen on these beaches out side my family who MD's, and to top it off he says he was too stoned to dig. I had about 2 hours of pure fun. My buddy is convinced that the resort is dealing pot and now they will most likely not deal anymore this season because they think the police are on to them.

So I have to ask; does anyone else here smoke pot while MDing? If so does it have any affect on your methods of MDing?
Sorry to tell you this , I do not see the humor , after spending 32 yrs as a Firefighter EMT and picking up the pieces after some drunk or drug user ruined somebody's life because they felt the need to deal with their own miserable life by using and abusing substances. I don't condone the use of recreational pot , and as far as medicinal uses there is like , so many other plants , uses that support healing aspects , but it is my opinion that the use for medical reasons is the exception to the rule as compared to the use of those that can't deal with their own lack of direction and lack of maturity. I for one chose to not vote in support of legislation to condone or legalize the use of marajuana for anything other than cordage for rope. Jump in fellow detectorists and let me know if you agree . I do not feel this is the image that is complimentary or the positive image that responsible Detectorists want to portray.

sapper

Jun 7, 2013
Sorry to tell you this , I do not see the humor , after spending 32 yrs as a Firefighter EMT and picking up the pieces after some drunk or drug user ruined somebody's life because they felt the need to deal with their own miserable life by using and abusing substances. I don't condone the use of recreational pot , and as far as medicinal uses there is like , so many other plants , uses that support healing aspects , but it is my opinion that the use for medical reasons is the exception to the rule as compared to the use of those that can't deal with their own lack of direction and lack of maturity. I for one chose to not vote in support of legislation to condone or legalize the use of marajuana for anything other than cordage for rope. Jump in fellow detectorists and let me know if you agree . I do not feel this is the image that is complimentary or the positive image that responsible Detectorists want to portray.
Idk man. If you accept legal alcohol then I would say that you're kind of a hypocrite if you don't accept legal marijuana. I respect your opinion though. But I know plenty of functioning potheads in in various professional fields. Needless to say they don't go to work stoned but I see no harm in enjoying a joint for a bowl of marijuana when you get home from work as long as you're not driving under the influence. Alcohol destroys your body and your brain, pot definitely has its downsides as well. But not all potheads are rambling idiots that can't find their way back home or are too stoned to bend over to dig their holes. If when you think of Stoners you think of the stereotypical guy from the movie Half Baked, you're living under a rock. I would say about 50% of the people that I know and associate with smoke marijuana, and I work in an engineering field. But I respect prohibitionists honestly if alcohol and nicotine were illegal too I wouldn't have a problem with pot

Sent from my SM-G935V using TreasureNet.com mobile app

sapper

Jun 7, 2013
Idk man. If you accept legal alcohol then I would say that you're kind of a hypocrite if you don't accept legal marijuana. I respect your opinion though. But I know plenty of functioning potheads in in various professional fields. Needless to say they don't go to work stoned but I see no harm in enjoying a joint for a bowl of marijuana when you get home from work as long as you're not driving under the influence. Alcohol destroys your body and your brain, pot definitely has its downsides as well. But not all potheads are rambling idiots that can't find their way back home or are too stoned to bend over to dig their holes. If when you think of Stoners you think of the stereotypical guy from the movie Half Baked, you're living under a rock. I would say about 50% of the people that I know and associate with smoke marijuana, and I work in an engineering field. But I respect prohibitionists honestly if alcohol and nicotine were illegal too I wouldn't have a problem with pot

*with pot being illegal. -end-

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I do not feel it is the government's right to tell me what I can and can't put in my body in the privacy of my home if I so choose as long as I am harming no other person.

I see far more harm to our hobby by people who choose to trespass on someone's land to detect with out permission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread