Pot Head Detectorist

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now that's some serious post-processing...

Looks almost fluorescent...is it safe to light? kos.gif

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh.........memories.........starting in '71, I used to really enjoy a toke........
Maybe it is a personality trait or genetic trait, but I ended up going down that dark road of drug experimentation and abuse.
On April Fools Day 1986, I realized it was a slow form of suicide for me and I quit everything cold turkey. I won't bore you with the detox details, but suffice it to say it was HELL!!! I've been clean for 30+ years.......

Congratulations!

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ve realized my drug of choice is the Internet. Let me warn you, millions are addicted.

internet is legal though and some how we have more cyber crime than pot crime.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...:laughing7:

Attachments

• scan0006.JPG
    scan0006.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 50
  • kwblkshrt.jpg
    kwblkshrt.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Guild2.png
    Guild2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
  • nurseebay.jpg
    nurseebay.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 57
  • MarEt.jpg
    MarEt.jpg
    874.7 KB · Views: 53
  • small cool girl.jpg
    small cool girl.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 52

Doug from NS

Apr 21, 2019
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Currently Fisher F75LTD SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course, here in Canada it is legal now. You can just go down to the government store and some little grey haired lady behind the desk will kindly help you pick out the perfect bag of weed to suit your mood.

Problem is, if you are in the woods alone at an ancient homestead and you get too baked, well, that is when the ghosts come out. Best to stay sober.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course, here in Canada it is legal now. You can just go down to the government store and some little grey haired lady behind the desk will kindly help you pick out the perfect bag of weed to suit your mood.

Problem is, if you are in the woods alone at an ancient homestead and you get too baked, well, that is when the ghosts come out. Best to stay sober.

I must be smoking the wrong stuff, all I do is hunt old cellars and no ghosts have come jumping out yet

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a show on Netflix called Disjointed starring Kathy Bates who plays an old hippie/pot activist that now owns a dispensary.
It only lasted two seasons but it is hilarious, and thought provoking. Taekwon-Doug is a character who owns a dojo in the same strip-mall as the dispensary and does his best to get it shut down. Reminds me of someone who is participating in this thread.
I highly recommend 'sperking a derb' and watching the series.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No mate, you will never hear any pot head bashing from me or anyone working on my Team. We work serious crimes, those guys that work dope I have never worked with. I just can not see putting a law on something that grows natural. Be like telling me I could not fish anymore. Just some law from folks who could not find a way to tax back in the day.

We do have our share of u tight folks where I work though, in the EU Snuff and Chew is illegal. Because it causes cancer, but smoking all in public is just fine. I have even had a few tards with the sack to try and tell me chew is illegal, even had a customs Officer in Germany try to take my chew once. I chewed his butt out right there and shoved my creds all in his face and let him know that we could create a very big problem right here and right now, and when it is all said and done his DA will being telling me he is he sorry while I eat my Redman.

But yes Pot is looked at one of two ways in Italy by cops. Either they are very serious and hard on smokers or they just do not see it. Normally the guys who have jobs that put our lives in danger just do not care.

Me I was just shocked. This guy had me cracking up with the stuff he was saying. So he smoked a little pot, the only threat was his own hydration level but I gave him some water. 9 miles down the beach; man I wish my CTX 3030 battery would last 9 miles of grid searching and surf searching. Too stoned to dig his finds, I was cracking up.

Can knock someone on holiday just enjoying life and nature. I wish half the pricks we went after smoked like this guy, geck I would be out of a job, they could send those winers in HR to arrest terrorist then. LOL

I had no clue! Guess I won't be going to the EU. I gotta bad smokeless tobacco habit. Great stories man and l enjoy your approach to law enforcement. I personally don't smoke...my wife would throw a fit. They just passed Medical in Oklahoma. If you would have told me it would pass 5 years ago, I would have laughed.

BTW, If you ever get a chance, there's an American tobacco company called Stokers. Very few know about it but great chew and dip.

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I had no clue! Guess I won't be going to the EU. I gotta bad smokeless tobacco habit. Great stories man and l enjoy your approach to law enforcement. I personally don't smoke...my wife would throw a fit. They just passed Medical in Oklahoma. If you would have told me it would pass 5 years ago, I would have laughed.

BTW, If you ever get a chance, there's an American tobacco company called Stokers. Very few know about it but great chew and dip.

I am back state side now, in Europe I used to grow my own dip, well what I could, it was never enough though, but I would travel a great deal and find my self in countries like Norway that sold General. I do know Stokers though.

Avoiding the EU is likely a great idea; I mean if you have a choice between Ebola and EU, Ebola everytime. With ebola you have a chance in life. LOL

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I must be doing something wrong all I find is gold and silver never any weed and I always use field mode on my detector:dontknow:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Platinum Berry Kush. 19.37% THC
3 bucks a gram in Oregon.

Continuing my macro photography training/skills.

tidewater 003.JPG

tidewater 005.JPG

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Every...thing Indica. Boring...sucks. True sativa has been bred out of existence. I miss Nevil and Cannabis Castle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread