Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were test subjects for training new officers,coast guard, and whoever else was there....Long story short...They do a couple of eye tests, that are supposed to be almost "proof" positive that someone is under the influence.....It's BS in my experience! I was over the legal limit, a friend was over the legal limit, my wife just had enough to make her breath smell, so trainees wouldn't know.....Anyhow, she can't pass any of the sobriety tests that are on balance,eyes,etc.. They had to mark down who they would charge or further test, then they would be told what our level were......She failed....We were passed by most cops....She would have been thought to be under influence of drugs or alcohol, we would have walked right through being over legal limit......

This just showed to me how much of all this is nonsense, unless extreme, like falling down!

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wouldn't jeopardize my loss of DRIVE! No weed for me!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't jeopardize my loss of DRIVE! No weed for me!!

I suppose you are ok with the possible inaccuracy of the test that might send you directly to jail. No biggie if you pass, they'll have your DNA for safe keeping.

You got it. Besides the fact that, just because you don't smoke pot doesn't mean your test strip will reach the same conclusion.

rob0260

Apr 4, 2014
Mary Jane is natural and no more harmful than tobacco use I say. I don't indulge myself but if governments would legalize and tax it that would generate a lot of revenue and could go a long way. Just my 2c.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
The dugout is a nice unit.

I have a PAX, which is nice as well.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Mary Jane is natural and no more harmful than tobacco use I say. I don't indulge myself but if governments would legalize and tax it that would generate a lot of revenue and could go a long way. Just my 2c.

Rob, Washington State just published their second year of data on sales. It looks like we under-estimated the amount by quite a bit.
Last year, they thought that sales would eclipse 1 Billion in 4 years, this year it looks like growth will push the figure upwards.

If you covered up the signs of the retail outlets, you would never know it was legal. No zombies roaming the streets, no armed robbers springing up, just a nice legal business that means jobs, revenue and happy people.

I am amazed that this thread has grown the way it has. Obviously this is an issue that people care about, one way or another.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
smoking-weed-funny-olympics-michael-phelps.jpg

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Theoretically, it may be preferred to eat an appropriate amount timed for your detecting jaunt. You wouldn't reek, and you wouldn't have to stop and pull out the doob. The dosage would be have to be right; wouldn't want it to be a tease and certainly wouldn't want to detect while thinking you were dead :laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• DSCN0731.JPG
    DSCN0731.JPG
    539 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCN0734.JPG
    DSCN0734.JPG
    335.6 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN0743.JPG
    DSCN0743.JPG
    392.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the plot for an upcoming Seth Rogen film.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions