POTUS asserts dominion over creeks, streams, wetlands and even big puddles

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone phone Obama and tell him I just pee'd in the wash in my backyard as a form of protest. Tomorrow I think I'll go dump the barrel of used oil I have in it, just out of spite.

Don't do that.. I mean SAY that... That's what paints the opposition as "PRO pollution" instead of simply "Sane regulations". It makes their job easier.. They aren't fighting over something
insignificant 2ppm's vs 1ppm... They are now fighting against the guy who wants to dump a barrel of oil in a stream(wash/part time stream)... And that sways popular opinion... I'm for "Sane" regulations and if
I had to choose sides... Their's, or your's... (I'd prefer a sane middle ground)... But I would take their side...

Besides.... oil makes gold float out of your pan, or if you are in a wash, it'll clog up your drywasher cloth.

I know you won't actually dump a barrel of oil, and its just frustration... I've felt the same way... And I've been aggravated... I have eliminated everything and anything political from my life.
I don't listen to talk radio anymore.. The political stuff... I don't read political articles, I pay no attention to politics, I won't get on a political board anymore... I won't read a single article about
Obama... Pro or Con...

They screwed up the radio on me out here a while ago... Had 4 AM talk radio stations... One went to ESPN, one went to Fox Sports, One went to Country and one went to Classic Rock... The country
and the classic rock on AM went back to talk radio... But I won't listen anymore... Sports.. Music... Car Talk, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me... On the talk radio channels there are some intriguing local programs on
the weekend..... Hannity, Rush, political crap on NPR... I won't listen to it... Its made my life better. Dropped my blood pressure 10 points.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember to keep political rhetoric[FONT=arial, sans-serif] out of threads, post will be deleted if it contains it...[/FONT]

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
They need to require a concrete containment system around Washington DC to keep the stink from leaking out.. Just sayin. And this is not a "political" statement and is not directed toward any particular individual or party... Consider it simply frustration at the fact that our hobby is directly affected by these type of actions taken by people who have lost touch with reality living in their brick & concrete castles.

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully history won't repeat itself there was a time when it was illegal to own gold and we couldn't drink. And they say it's a free country!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread