Pounded park still gives up the goodies, multible silver!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is this park in my area where an old school used to be from 1920's to 1960 something. I have hunted all over this park but only one small area has ever yielded any old coins.

Well that little area about 100 x 100 feet, has given up a lot of silver and wheats in last 2 yrs. I hunted it hard with my xterra, and have hit it hard with my etrac, 2 of my buddies has detected it hard and they have an etrac and a SE pro.

We were to the point where we thought we had it hunted out, last 2 trips I did not get any old coins, not even a wheat here. Well recently I started using the two tone ferrous and thought this would be a good test to use here because for 2 yrs this small area has been hunted to death with 3 minelabs.

I went there and dug every non ferrous signal I got that was more than 3 or 4 inches. First find was the 1942 merc dime, I was shocked and could not believe the 3 of us missed a silver, well then came 2 wheats, several old nickels, including a buffalo, war nickel, other Jeffersons from the 1940's.

I was cruising along slow as possible got a high tone and from the numbers looked to be like aluminum/iron mix but directly beside it and much deeper I kept getting a 09-36, 10-40, but it was so close I could barely separate them. So I dug the can slaw, covered the plug and rechecked the other signal, it came in a lil better now easier to hear beside the iron. Cut a deep plug and in the hole was a 1906-D barber quarter and 1929 buffalo nickel!

so for any of you naysayers who say 2 tone does not work, fine with me, don't try it. But I am seeing just how powerful this program can be in a park I felt was truly "hunted out by minelabs!"

I think this program works miracles on old nickels too, they seem to just pop out of the ground using this method.
First pic is all the non ferrous TRASH I dug today that never gave a good enough signals before with all the iron near by. And look at the iron that was in the holes with some of the coins.

trash.jpg

nickels.jpg

7-19-09.jpg

3silver-1.jpg

here is a video from today, got one full dig.........

Upvote 0

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The etrac is really finding the missed coins for you. The Barber quarter is in pretty good shape, too. Enjoyed the video!! HH

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
I'm going to have to hunt with that two tone ferrous mode more often! There is an old park in my area that has been pounded to death by minelabs (explorer XS, II, SE, and a couple Etracs) I'm gonna hit that place using your method and see what comes out! Thanks for the information, and congrats on another great hunt!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How exciting to realize that you are on to something, which over time will yield excellent results.
Argentium.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow got some nice coins. Congradulations.....

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt that Barber is in great shape :icon_thumleft: i liked the video Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread