What the heck is a matter with kids?

trapper bob

Mar 22, 2005
mid-michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinshooter 2, Garrett GTA 1000 Ultra, Bounty Hunter Landstar, Bounty Hunter Lonestar

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Kids don't know anything, if they did they wouldn't have to go to school all day everyday.

They, like us are doing the best that they can. They look at us with hundreds if not thousands of dollars in equipment to dig up pennies and canslaw and think "What the heck is the matter with adults?"

Fathead

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
HMMM I think that not bad pay for taking 10 min to pickup piece of trash. I know what your saying tho. I went to community college and there could be a trash can with in two steps and they would just drop it on the ground. I'm sure some of our past leaders did some things when they were teens that were bad. And yea some of them still done it when they got in office. And who knows. THese sloppy teens may surprise us and turn this country around.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro , Fisher CZ-20 , Minelab Explorer SE
trapper bob said:
Today i watched a car load of kids (teens) throw out a McDonalds bag in the street in front of my house. GRRRR! Picked it up and it was full of cig buts and $4.06 in change! I was alittle pissed but over $4 richer....p.s this is our FUTURE LEADERS! hh Bob
I was out detecting about a year ago and a car full of teenagers drove by and threw handfuls of pennies at me while I was detecting. As they speed away laughing I began to pick them up, that was $2.30 I didnt even have to dig for! ;D

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger62918 said:
trapper bob said:
Today i watched a car load of kids (teens) throw out a McDonalds bag in the street in front of my house. GRRRR! Picked it up and it was full of cig buts and $4.06 in change! I was alittle pissed but over $4 richer....p.s this is our FUTURE LEADERS! hh Bob
I was out detecting about a year ago and a car full of teenagers drove by and threw handfuls of pennies at me while I was detecting. As they speed away laughing I began to pick them up, that was $2.30 I didnt even have to dig for! ;D
whos laughin now as they run outta gas n need 1 gallon to get home!!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
must be some no job leaches that live at home wit ma n pa. and say gimme gimme gimme >:( MR TUFF

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hate to admit it, but i was one of those punk kids not to long ago!!
i was just telling my buddy the other day, about 15 years ago i was at a beach hangen out, and a MDer was passing by, me and my friends threw all the change in our pockets in front of the poor guy who was trying to dig enough change for a cup of coffee! ( or so we has assumed!)
the stupid guy didn't even find our change we threw down!(he was ignoring us) we thought how lame is this guy! and laughed at him!
little did we know, hes metal detector probably cost more than the car i was driving at the time!
i usually go easy on kids, mostly caz i know there just dump! (from personal experience).

Kanyontreasures

Jan 13, 2010
idaho
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 3, whites bullseye ii
fathead said:
Kids don't know anything, if they did they wouldn't have to go to school all day everyday.

They, like us are doing the best that they can. They look at us with hundreds if not thousands of dollars in equipment to dig up pennies and canslaw and think "What the heck is the matter with adults?"

Fathead
sorry i am 13 and i do not like that you guys are down talking on kids yes some are dumb and are idiots and are punks but that does not make every teenager a punk i would watch what you are talking about on here there is a hand full of kids! i do not hang out with kids my age! cause most of them are dumb,idiots and punks! i go to on line school cause i am different i like to fish,hunt, metal detect and collect coins and outher people my age like to hang out,text,do drugs ect i do not stand for that but i do not think you need to put a bad name on any teen agers! i have never littered i will never litter. but you can not judge all kids on the ones that make bad choices! i am friends with people from the ages of 30-about 80 and i am not kidding! them old timers have allot of good info!!

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[/quote]
sorry i am 13 and i do not like that you guys are down talking on kids yes some are dumb and are idiots and are punks but that does not make every teenager a punk i would watch what you are talking about on here there is a hand full of kids! i do not hang out with kids my age! cause most of them are dumb,idiots and punks! i go to on line school cause i am different i like to fish,hunt, metal detect and collect coins and outher people my age like to hang out,text,do drugs ect i do not stand for that but i do not think you need to put a bad name on any teen agers! i have never littered i will never litter. but you can not judge all kids on the ones that make bad choices! i am friends with people from the ages of 30-about 80 and i am not kidding! them old timers have allot of good info!!
[/quote]
You contradict yourself here...

Sim_Player

Jan 12, 2010
Camano Island, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Tesoro Cutlass2
Kanyontreasure,

When you grow up and look around you will ask the same question.

It's a simple generalization, but there are always exceptions, and you may be one.

I have a 15 and 16 yo. and I shake my head sometimes.

God help us all.

Jim on Camano

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a kid 13 down my block who loved watching me use my MD he always tagged along in the neighborhood one day while i was digging i found a marble and he said to me what is that ? he never seen a marble before so i explained to him how to play marbles and i gave him my mason jar full of marbles ive had since i was a kid you know something that kid loves marbles hes got a few other kids on the block playing now which by the way none of those kids have seen a marble either hhmm :dontknow: it was just nice to see kids playing marbles again i haven't in 53 years i think since i was 7 so kids will be kids if you give them something they like , i just realized something i do still play with marbles so far ive dug about 6 marbles out of the ground :laughing7: :laughing7:
Not all kids are stupid dumb or punks .Most kids are only as smart as they are raised Dd60

Attachments

• my marbles 50 years ago.jpg
    my marbles 50 years ago.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 872

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
[/quote]
[/quote]
kanyon, take a chill pill. No one said that ALL teenagers are bad. I can say that I have seen a HUGE amount of teens today that are far more disrespectful of adults, and more slovenly, than even a decade ago. It appears that a good portion of today's teens are not being taught by their parents (sadly most are from single-parent families) on how to be good citizens and to be respectful of others.
Values have changed immensely in 10 to 20 years. Most teens today care for nothing more than their video games and texting. They have lost touch with the real world.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanyontreasures said:
fathead said:

Fathead

It's too bad there is not a way to know you are 13, maybe from your avatar, or a signature or something. There is nothing wrong with you expressing your opinions, and it's a heck of a lot better being on here compared to what I was doing at that age, but I would really prefer to know I am posting replies to someone so young. What I mean is someone people might give you a hard time for things they expect you to know because they think you're 30. ;D I was a pretty dumb kid so people would have figured me out right away if there was such a thing as the internet back then!

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Kanyon, I am truly sorry if you felt insulted by my comment. It sounds like you are a fine young person. I would however like to point out a few things.

If you reread my post carefully, which (most) kids won't do, you will see that I never said kids are "dumb, idiots, and punks", that was you. I simply said that kids don't know anything, which clearly they don't.

Now before you get your Underarmor all twisted, please look up the word generalization. It is a common practice among adults which allows us to make sweeping comments about a wide variety of subjects, including children. It is a valuable tool that keeps me from having to explain every possible set of variables.

For instance:

I might say that older people aren't very good at computers.

Now we know that that statement couldn't possibly be 100% accurate. However, it is safe to say that your average 13 year old would be more comfortable on a computer than your average 75 year old. Could there be a 75 year old who started on computers 25 years ago and kept pace with technology? Of course there could. Could there be a 13 year old who has never used a computer? Absolutely. But when you get older, you will understand that it is impractical and time consuming to verbalize all of these possibilities.

In closing, if I talk down to kids, it is because they are shorter than me.

I will now be fielding complaints from all of you computer savvy octogenarians.

Fathead

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can proudly say that my son is not "the norm" when it comes to that.... When he was 13, he scolded the dickens out of me when I tossed an apple core out the window.. Try as I might to explain that it was biodegradable, and would even feed hungry critters, he would have none of it and won the argument when he said "Well it's an eyesore Dad, and it is still littering".... I guess I did a few things right in my life.... LOL!

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can blame it on the kids all we want but it starts at home with the parents.

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
fathead said:

Fathead
HEY!!! I'M A KID!!!!! I'M A KID AND I DIG!!!! >:(

Johnlightning

Sep 2, 2008
Indian Territories
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Etrac and SE Pro
Best detectors built by far!
We were all kids once, so just remember the days when you had no worries or cares. Ah to be young again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread