Prayers for Old Dog UPDATE Feb. 22nd

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Visited with Thom for a bit this morning and he wanted to make sure and thank Jim for updating everyone yesterday and thank everyone for the prayers. Mom has been moved up to the orthopedic floor now and like Jim said, she is responding well to the treatment. Thom and dad are putting up rails in the house and such and he tried to log on last night to update folks a bit but with an excruciatingly slow dialup connection it was just impossible to even load tnet so he gave up. At the moment he has much more pressing priorities but he feels pretty blessed to have his tnet family and is thankful for the support and prayers.

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Prayers for Old Dog UPDATE Feb. 18th

I LOVE UPDATES and even more when they carry such WONDERFUL NEWS!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

Cynangyl said:
Visited with Thom for a bit this morning and he wanted to make sure and thank Jim for updating everyone yesterday and thank everyone for the prayers. Mom has been moved up to the orthopedic floor now and like Jim said, she is responding well to the treatment. Thom and dad are putting up rails in the house and such and he tried to log on last night to update folks a bit but with an excruciatingly slow dialup connection it was just impossible to even load tnet so he gave up. At the moment he has much more pressing priorities but he feels pretty blessed to have his tnet family and is thankful for the support and prayers.
Cynangyl said:

k thanks we have and will keep em in God's arms

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My phone died and when I took it off the charger Thom had called so I got to call him this afternoon! I hate this pone!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

I thought Jeff was gettin you a new "pone" so you would not be hangin up on us anymore! :tongue3:

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Cynangyl said:
I thought Jeff was gettin you a new "pone" so you would not be hangin up on us anymore! :tongue3:

Patience dear....3 more days....besides her burqa has no pockets. ROFL

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

While Jeff was posting this about my {pone} phone, ;D I've been on the phone with Thom for the last hour...
his mom's congestive heart faliut is almost non exitant the swelling all gone he said he can see her ankle bones her kidneys are functioning the way they are suposed to and they are keeping her a coupke of more days thaen sending her back to the rehab. He is going home in 2 days and Monday is tearing out the ceiling in the bathroom so pray they can get it all done in time! :icon_sunny:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Thanks for the update . That will keep me from tying up some of his limited time phoning him .
I have unavoidable Dr. appointments next 3 days or I would be over there now helping .
Jim

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim I know the thought means alot to him but when Dr. visits are there ya gotta go! Prayers will still get them through!
He wants on here sooo bad I am sure he'll be on as soo as he gets home!

He thanks everybody for the prayers I read the thread to him back to where he last saw it! So he knows they are being prayed for and thought of! And he is telling his family of all of it!

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Thom, I just saw this post. I'm so glad your mother is responding to treatment and hope she recovers fully. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Thom, im not a very religious person but I am spiritual & I KNOW that keeping your dear mother in our thoughts & saying a prayer for her helps. She is in my thoughts & prayers are being sent, brings a tear to my eye to read of her gradual recovery. Hang in there & enjoy the visit.........we'll keep doing our part for ya.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Mom was doing so well Monday that they were able to transfer her back to Rehab.
she is very weak though. so we have been bringing her things that she likes to eat and as often as we have been seeing her.
She is gaining some weight and id up a bit from the 74 pounds she weighed when they brought her back from the hospital.
we spoiled her lunch twice with Whoppers and breakfast once with a sausage and egg biscut sandwich. LOL
Before we left we took her a whole cheesecake...they wouldn't sell just one slice even from the deli.
They put it in the fridge for us and put her name on it so she can have some whenever she wants.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was just a sad state of affairs. Jet lagged beyond recognition.

Thanks so much to all for the prayers, I firmly believe that they are what has turned the tide.
We are witnessing a miracle.
further good news is that yesterday Mom picked up her knitting and actually knitted a couple rows.
this is a first as the paralysis has prevented her from knitting.
Wish I had been there to see it happen.

Thom

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
That's glad to hear Thom !!, and I'm sure Evy will be tickled pink when she reads this. BTW, she got her new phone today although it's in a deep charge right now. Don't think there'll be any more dropped calls. :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tell her to hang in there Old Dog......Sound's like she's getting better :thumbsup: Thought's and Prayer's!!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I know it has been a while since any updates have been posted.
But you all have kept the prayers and good wishes flowing.
so here is an email I recieved from my Dad last evening that just warms my heart and you all need to see it.

Good News!!!
Jan has improved so much the last two weeks that there is serious consideration for her to be allowed to come home!! Her cardiologist seems to have the congestive heart condition under control and she has recovered some of her memory loss. She is also doing a good job Knitting and crocheting. All in all very incoureging. Thanks for all of the prayers. They are answered!! John

I want to thank all of you for the insesant prayers and kindness you have shown me and my family through out this trial.
I am honored to have such friends.

Thom

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though we have not been able to talk on the phone for a while, know this, you and yours have not been out of my heart or prayers! Evy

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Thanks Evey,
It has been a tourture watching from this distance this slow recovery.
It is good to finally see some actual improvement with encouraging news.

Thom

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been watchin this post and thinkin about you. I know what it's like to be far away when things are goin on with the folks. When my dad gets down I can't just jump in the truck and run over there. We probably couldn't do much if we were right there with them, but at least we would feel better. I'm glad things are starting to look up for y'all.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
RGINN said:
I been watchin this post and thinkin about you. I know what it's like to be far away when things are goin on with the folks. When my dad gets down I can't just jump in the truck and run over there. We probably couldn't do much if we were right there with them, but at least we would feel better. I'm glad things are starting to look up for y'all.

There was a real bad point where I had to drop and run...
They called and said if I wanted to see her one more time ... well you know.
I hopped on a plane and we spent a week fixing up the house so she could come home,
But all in all she is worth it and I know I would do it again. after all she's my Momma.
and yes I admit, Like most guys I am my Momma's boy.

Thanks for the kind words and the good thoughts.
I have to give her a link to this thread when she gets home.
If nothing else it should warm her up a little knowing she is loved here too..

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions