Pre Cookout Treasure Challenge

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sads...

Hollis ATS....Cressi Back Jac...SP Seahawk...or OMS Comfo II SS 6 pd B/P with 45 pd singles wing??
And HP 100 or LP72's?:dontknow:

Kurt

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ag....One of these and any tank you have ...ha ha..,,,,,,,,oh and a Reg.... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457732585.575621.jpg

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SADS like I told you in my email, I am a dive instructor and I have four sets of dive gear. I got you covered. I will bring all the gear you need.

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I saw it, thanks Pete, I'm just teasing Ag with his very kind offer above which I very much appreciate, as I do yours!

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ag,...

Will you let me touch it though, or maybe just look at it a bit?......ooooowwww

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457787093.802325.jpg

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
About to start filling tanks, while reading Darren Talleys treasure books and drinking coffee......oh by the way in the Bahamas too........drool on Ag.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457794878.293401.jpg

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
ok...now that was just MEAN

and evil...sighs

ag
agflit, sads669 sent me an email that you are driving down to the cookout. I don't know your route, but if you happen to be driving just north of Philadelphia. Pa. Stop by, I'll buy the pints and put you up for the night.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
About to start filling tanks, while reading Darren Talleys treasure books and drinking coffee......oh by the way in the Bahamas too........drool on Ag.

View attachment 1284373
Kevin, that looks like a great set up my friend.
ropefish, quick question for you concerning that email I sent you about the bronze cannon or cannons that the spearfisherman reported seeing over 25 years ago, out near where we got the satellite photo and GPS numbers from "Joe", for the cookout survey. You worked the 1715 wrecks and know a lot about inside information in that General area. Did you ever hear anything pointing in the direction that you're going to survey for the cookout? Just curious.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 175

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Load up Ag's vehicle with cases of beer for the rest of us too.......

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457875918.438474.jpg

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Old Man said
"ropefish, quick question for you concerning that email I sent you about the bronze cannon or cannons that the spearfisherman reported seeing over 25 years ago, out near where we got the satellite photo and GPS numbers from "Joe", for the cookout survey. You worked the 1715 wrecks and know a lot about inside information in that General area. Did you ever hear anything pointing in the direction that you're going to survey for the cookout? Just curious."

Good morning,
The sole report in that vicinity that comes to mind is this:
A few years ago, a South American gentleman tried to hire a friend's dive charter boat to go out and look for some ship's timbers that he had seen on a dive trip the previous year. He believed it to be the stem/bow of a very old boat and was in roughly 40 fsw and due east of the Inlet. My friend was assured that it was outside the 3-mile limit and that the guy had good GPS numbers. They never got a trip together, but the man called him later and said that he had made the trip with another charter boat and found nothing but sand. Unfortunately since he is not in the treasure biz, he did not ask him for the numbers for later perusal.
True, false or just true-ish....hard to know what he saw, but we do know that the sand shifts every day, what you see today may not be there tomorrow and that there is a shipwreck about every mile through here...
and that's what I know about that!
:)

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Thanks Bill. I just wanted to know if you had ever heard any stories about a cannon or cannons seen out near the gps numbers. I guess not.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Concerning specifically cannon, bronze or iron, I have never had anyone report one more than 1000 yards off the beach and most are within 300 yds, from the 3rd reef in.
I'm planning on spend a little time out around Thomas Shoal...straight out from the Inlet 5 miles or so. There are some big old humps out there that I want to look at. If there's not treasure, maybe there be lobsters!
Does anyone have any knowledge of a mag survey out on Bethel Shoal? The bottom comes up pretty good with lots of hard structure that might have played a part in the 1715 disaster if the seas were big enough.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Most of the cannon on the treasure coast have been recovered over the past 100 years or so. Between easy scrapping and the war effort, I think all you can hope for now is one that was missed or lesser ferrous items.

cannon scrap 1.jpg

cannon scrap 2.jpg

Last edited:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There are still iron cannon scattered here and there from north of the museum down past Vero at least, but according to what I have been told, like anchors, the state isn't much interested in seeing any more brought up.
Now...bronze cannons are another matter.They appear and disappear like ghosts, are often seen but seldom salvaged. I've got 6 different first-hand rumors about bronze cannons rattling around in my cranial hard drive from sources ranging from surfers to lobster divers to world famous authors and treasure finders and have never laid eyes or hands on one that was part of the rumors. IMHO Greg Bounds' recovery of a bronze gun full of coins is one of the more epic finds of the 1715 fleet finds in the last 25 years.
Sad to say that none of those rumors were north of where the Inlet is now and offshore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread