Precious Stone or Glass? Apostle Spoon - New Field.

DavidBeard

Dec 27, 2008
Derbyshire
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin All,
The neighbouring farmer came chatting to me one day whilst on one of my regular farms - said I could walk round his field too - pasture land not been disturbed for at least 30 years.
Had a quick look round yesterday afternoon and whilst there his wife came out to say hello - When we saw each other it was a lovely surprise for both of us - She had been my Science Teacher at secondary school - not seen each other for at least 34 years - made my day.
Anyway - had a quick walk round the edges and across the middle of 1 field and found these:

Cross1-All.jpg

The coins are George VI, 1937 & 1938 and a George III Halfpenny 1806/07

The Apostle Spoon has no bend in it what so ever

Apostle-Spoon.jpg

I couldn't find the rest of this ring, perhaps it'll turn up in my next visit - this measures 15mm x 13mm - lovely blue colour, surrounded by 20 small clear stones.

Blue-Stone-1.jpg

Blue-Stone-2.jpg

Blue-Stone-3.jpg

Glass or precious stone?
It made a nice change from the recent stubble and plough - hopefully do the whole field next time.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool spoon, seen them but never had one. Very good condition but no great age (as these did span into the Medieval). 8) 8)

Looks like costume jewelry to me :'(

Still looks like a worthwhile field :icon_thumright:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to say, getting new land can often happen that way. The first is the most difficult, then it can snowball. Nice it was someone you know.

If your continuing with the grass, try & listen out for the very faint whispers. Normally hard to pinpoint & can sound very iffy(can even be 1 way), but worth experimenting. (if you haven't already) Generally, if you dig the first grass flap at 4 inches the signal should improve.

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Just thought I would chime in...Great finds, hope you found a huge precious stone...the bullet is a blank...good luck!

~Tom

C

Cappy Z.

If you get a chance..take the stone to at least two gemologist etc and let us know what it is. There's something special about it.

HH
Cap Z.

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Nice finds. :thumbsup: I'm no expert but if the stone were real you would think that it would be set in gold or silver. It's a nice find which ever way it turns out.

Wolverine.

OP
OP
DavidBeard

DavidBeard

Dec 27, 2008
Derbyshire
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
..take the stone to at least two gemologist etc and let us know what it is...
Took it to 2 today! Turns out that it is Glass after all :( Very nice glass mind you :wink:
Best wishes,
David.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions