OP
OP
Jim 2.0

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
Yes, I'm a tool/diemaker but I can't weld. I'm a cnc machinest. This little tool has clean, strong welds and is very light weight. I think it's a good deal at a little over 50 bucks shipped!

Jim

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
I hope your just using this in open fields or in the woods not in public places. Just my 2 cents.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
radiemaker,

very nice present.

Hope its easy digging and you pull up
a bunch.

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
Jim 2.0

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
Jim C. said:
I hope your just using this in open fields or in the woods not in public places. Just my 2 cents.

Jim, do you think I would be swinging this thing like a gladiator? I've seen people with much bigger shovels in my area. I would be holding this at my side as I am swinging. It's not as big as it may look in the picture!

OP
OP
Jim 2.0

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
radiemaker,

very nice present.

Hope its easy digging and you pull up
a bunch.

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE
Thanks Sherm...that is the plan!

ParkHunter61

Nov 30, 2008
This tool is quite small - 27in and the blade is the same length as a lesche digger.
I love mine.
Bill

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Nice present - I use one similar - same brand just different shaped blade. Is that the 30" one? It works great plus if you are in the woods you can knock branches and pickers out of the way. Also, once it dulls down - they are quite easy to sharpen.

Now dig some holes!!! You will be digging pretty deep with that Cortez ,

happy new year - Ian

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I think Jim as some of the rest of us could'nt tell the size of the tool by the picture, A large tool would make large holes which we all know that property owners hate and would make us all look bad as detectorist. I use a shovel that looks somewhat like that but is made of stainless steel, it does a wonderful job and cuts a small hole. The one I use can be purchased at most detector shops for 30 bucks. I too am a machinist and can't make them for less than that, so I buy mine.

Slipperyjack47

OP
OP
Jim 2.0

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
SaginawIan said:
Nice present - I use one similar - same brand just different shaped blade. Is that the 30" one? It works great plus if you are in the woods you can knock branches and pickers out of the way. Also, once it dulls down - they are quite easy to sharpen.

Now dig some holes!!! You will be digging pretty deep with that Cortez ,

happy new year - Ian

Happy New Year to you, Ian

Dimensions:
27 ½" (698.5mm) overall length.
The shaft is 1" diameter x 18" long
T-Handle measures 1 ¼" x 5 3/8".
The blade measures 4 ½" x 7 7/8" long.
Weight: Approx 2 lbs 2 oz

Slipperyjack47 said:
I think Jim as some of the rest of us could'nt tell the size of the tool by the picture, A large tool would make large holes which we all know that property owners hate and would make us all look bad as detectorist. I use a shovel that looks somewhat like that but is made of stainless steel, it does a wonderful job and cuts a small hole. The one I use can be purchased at most detector shops for 30 bucks. I too am a machinist and can't make them for less than that, so I buy mine.

Slipperyjack47

I guess I didn't think of it that way. I havn't ever hunted a residential property other than my own. Mostly I hunt old schools, sports parks and woods.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking about picking one of them up for quite a while now, they're probably made from chrome molly like the Lesche is I would imagine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread