Predicting that first winter storm!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was in the woods last evening when that winter chill started to settled on, "the pumpkins." Love the fall season, but "that chill"........well........I don't care for it at all. Got up this morning to a heavy frost and wouldn't have been a bit surprised to see the squirrels wearing stocking hats and ear muffs. Which brings me to my point.

Two months ago I was told the closing on the new place in Florida would be final by the end of October, today they are saying it could be 2 - 3 more weeks. Point is, I should be in Florida, I shouldn't be sitting here with frost threatening my pumpkins. This is worse then teasing babies with candy, in fact, it's down right mean. I got a letter in the mail yesterday from my detector requesting and electric blanket.

So here's the deal, if you want to know when the first heavy winter storm will arrive just keep track of my moving plans. I'm sure it will arrive shortly after I leave for Florida in the moving van, with trailer in tow. Probably about the time I reach the mountains! :laughing7:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sounds about right!!!! Probably going to try and freeze your pumpkins 1 last time before you leave for Florida!!!!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
That sounds about right!!!! Probably going to try and freeze your pumpkins 1 last time before you leave for Florida!!!!

Frustrating! Hurry up and pack just to wait, and wait, and wait. I don't understand why these things always end up getting dragged out like this. You would think that by now this process would be pretty simple, I mean houses have only been bought and sold in the country for what, a couple hundred years. :laughing7: Geeeezzzzz.........

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
With the foreclosure rate in Florida, I'm surprised you didn't get a longer delay. I don't think the banks have staffed up to handle the extra workload cause they assume it will be over shortly. Shortly could be a couple years though.

Best of luck on getting it closed. Did you not have a closing date in the contract for purchase? If you did and have not signed any document that extends that time, then your seller is in breach of contract, caused by the financial house. Not that it's worth anything if you still want the place.

However, I was approached by a financial house wanting to extend the closure on my property. I simply said, we close by midnight tomorrow, in cash (no dry closing) or this deal is null and void. Within two hours I had a closing schedule for the next day! It's all a matter of priorities. If you want to be on top, insist on your contract rights.

My last contract was a purchase, and I wanted to close in a week, but the contract read month end. Well, guess what? They actually closed on the day before the end of the month to avoid a weekend closing. Again, I was ready willing and able to close, but they didn't focus on the paperwork on their end until the due date for the closure was approaching. Next time if I want a quick closing, it will be in the contract.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread