Winter People

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I don't know how you extended winter people do it. When I was young I use to enjoy those bitter winter months, but now I just can't handle it anymore. Here in Indiana Jan, Feb, March are the worst, nothing much to do. I can only imagine what it might be like in places like Idaho and up in the U.P. How do you deal with all that down time and cold year after year?

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
I bug the heck out of everyone on this forum until WSD tells me to BEHAVE !!!!!!! :icon_sunny:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have come up with something we call 'liquor stores' to assist us through the 6 months of winter here along the divide in Summit County, CO. Just jokin. I'm from Oklahoma, and I never knew what cold was until I came here 6 years ago. 30 below zero, my God. It was hard to breath! However, however, I used to chop cotton in SW Oklahoma in 100+ degree heat. It NEVER gets over 80 degrees in the summer here. Took a couple of years to get used to it, but when it hits 30 degrees in the winter, it's T-shirt weather for me. Takes a while to get used to, 9 months of winter and 3 months of late fall, as Doc Holliday pronounced Leadville.

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
as many have said winter is the time to go through your finds (clean, sorting, etc) and also the perfect time to do any research you need to do for spots you plan to hunt or to find new spots.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Here in the great white north we have only two seasons to deal with - Winter,.......and July

And there's a reason so many peoples birthdays are in September, October & November..........

Diggem'

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy anything between 50 to 100, I can function ok in 30's - 40's, but complete hibernation mode kicks in at 29 degrees! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread