Other
President Barack Obama’s Complete List of Historic Firsts

See the long list of historical “firsts” that Obama has presided over
By Doug Ross
Director Blue
July 15, 2013

Yes, he’s historic, alright.

Law and Justice

• First President to Violate the War Powers Act (Unilaterally Executing American Military Operations in Libya Without Informing Congress In the Required Time Period – Source: Huffington Post)
• First President to Triple the Number of Warrantless Wiretaps of U.S. Citizens (Source: ACLU)
• First President to Sign into Law a Bill That Permits the Government to “Hold Anyone Suspected of Being Associated With Terrorism Indefinitely, Without Any Form of Due Process. No Indictment. No Judge or Jury. No Evidence. No Trial. Just an Indefinite Jail Sentence” (NDAA Bill – Source: Business Insider)

• First President to Refuse to Tell the Public What He Did For Eight (8) Hours After Being Informed That a U.S. Ambassador Was Facing Imminent Death During a Terror Attack (Source: Mediate)
• First President to Lie About the Reason For an Ambassador’s Death, Blaming it on an Internet Video Rather Than What He Knew to be the Case: the Al Qaeda-linked Terror Group Ansar al-Sharia (Source: House Oversight Committee, et. al.)
• First President to Have an Innocent Filmmaker Thrown in Jail After Lying About the Cause for a Deadly Attack on U.S. Diplomats, Using the Filmmaker as a Scapegoat (Source: CNN)
• First President to Use the IRS to “Unfairly Target Political Enemies” as Well as Jewish Groups (Source: Sen. Ted Cruz)
• First President to Unlawfully Seize Telephone Records of More than 100 Reporters to Intimidate and/or Bully Them (Source: Associated Press)
• First President to Witness a Single Cabinet Secretary Commit Multiple Hatch Act Violations Without Acting, Speaking Out, Disciplining or Firing That Person (Source: New York Times)

• First President to Have His Attorney General Held in Criminal Contempt of Congress For His Efforts to Cover Up Operation Fast and Furious, That Killed Over 300 Individuals (Source: Politico)
• First President to claim Executive Privilege to shield a sitting Attorney General from a Contempt of Congress finding for perjury and withholding evidence from lawful subpoenas (Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Issue Unlawful “Recess-Appointments” Over a Long Weekend — While the U.S. Senate Remained in Session (against the advice of his own Justice Department – Source: United States Court of Appeals)

• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case (Source: Gawker)
• First President to “Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S., Including Those With Criminal Convictions” (Source: DHS documents uncovered by Judicial Watch)
• First President to Sue States for Enforcing Voter ID Requirements, Which Were Previously Ruled Legal by the U.S. Supreme Court (Source: CNN)
• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places (the New Black Panthers voter intimidation case, Source: Investors Business Daily)
• First President to Refuse to Comply With a House Oversight Committee Subpoena (Source: Heritage Foundation)

• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It (Defense of Marriage Act – Source: ABC News)
• First President to Increase Surveillance of American Citizen Under the Patriot Act by 1,000 Percent in Four Years (Source: NBC News)
• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees (BP Oil Spill Relief Fund – Source: Fox News)
• First President to Have a Law Signed By an ‘Auto-pen’ Without Being “Present” (Source: The New York Times)

Scandals

• First President to publicly announce an enemies list (consisting of his opponents campaign contributors; and to use the instrumentalities of government to punish those on the list – Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Attempt to Block Legally-Required 60-Day Layoff Notices by Government Contractors Due to His Own Cuts to Defense Spending — Because The Notices Would Occur Before the Election. (Source: National Journal)
• First President to Intentionally Disable Credit Card Security Measures (in order to allow over-the-limit donations, foreign contributions and other illegal fundraising measures – Source: Power Line)
• First President to send 80 percent of a $16 billion program (green energy) to his campaign bundlers and contributors, leaving only 20% to those who did not contribute. (Source: Washington Examiner)
• First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to issue an Executive Order implementing a “Racial Justice System”, a system that tries to achieve “racially equivalent outcomes” for crimes (Source: Daily Caller)
• First President to Leak Confidential IRS Tax Records to Groups Aligned Politically With Him for Partisan Advantage (Source: The Hill Newspaper)
• First President to Use the EPA to Punish Political Enemies and Reward Political Allies (Source: Competitive Enterprise Institute)
• First President to Send Millions in Taxpayer Dollars to His Wife’s Former Employer (Source: White House Dossier)

• First President to Have His Administration Fund an Organization Tied to the Cop-Killing Terrorist Group, the Weather Underground (Source: National Review)

Economy

• First President to Preside Over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government (Source: Reuters)
• First President to Bypass Congress and Implement the DREAM Act Through Executive Fiat (Source: Christian Science Monitor)
• First President to Move America Past the Dependency Tipping Point, In Which 51% of Households Now Pay No Income Taxes (Source: Center for Individual Freedom)
• First President to Increase Food Stamp Spending By More Than 100% in Less Than Four Years (Source: Sen. Jeff Sessions)
• First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on ‘Shovel-Ready’ Jobs — and Later Admit There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs (Source: President Obama during an early meeting of his ‘Jobs Council’)
• First President to Threaten Insurance Companies After They Publicly Spoke out on How Obamacare Helped Cause their Rate Increases (Source: The Hill)

• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to Propose Budgets So Unreasonable That Not a Single Representative From Either Party Would Cast a Vote in Favor (Sources: The Hill, Open Market)
• First President Whose Economic Policies Have the Number of Americans on Disability Exceed the Population of New York (Source: CNS News)
• First President to Sign a Law Requiring All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party (Source: Wall Street Journal)
• First President to Sue States For Enforcing Immigration Laws Passed by Congress (Source: The Arizona Republic newspaper)

• First President to See America Lose Its Status as the World’s Largest Economy (Source: Peterson Institute)
• First President to redistribute $26.5 billion of the taxpayers’ funds to his union supporters in the UAW (Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Threaten an Auto Company (Ford) After It Publicly Mocked Bailouts of GM and Chrysler (Source: Detroit News)
• First President to Attempt to Bully a Major Manufacturing Company Into Not Opening a Factory in a Right-to-Work State (Boeing’s facility in South Carolina – Source: Wall Street Journal)

Energy Policy

• First President to Endanger the Stability of the Electric Grid by Shutting Down Hundreds of Coal-Fired Plants Without Adequate Replacement Technologies (Source: National Electric Reliability Corporation – PDF)
• First President to Have His EPA Repudiated by a Federal Judge for “Overstepping Its Powers” When They Attempted to Shut Down Coal Operations in Appalachia (Source: Huffington Post)
• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico (Source: Politico)

National Security and World Affairs

• First President to Lie Repeatedly to the American People About the Murder of a U.S. Ambassador and Three Other Diplomatic Personnel for Purely Political Reasons, Rewriting a “Talking Points” Memo No Fewer Than a Dozen Times to Avoid Referencing a Pre-Planned Terror Attack (Source: ABC News)

• First President to Openly Defy a Congressional Order Not To Share Sensitive Nuclear Defense Secrets With the Russian Government (Sources: ABC News, Rep. Michael Turner)
• First President to Leak Highly Classified Military and Intelligence Secrets to Hollywood In Order to Promote a Movie That Could Help His Reelection Campaign (Source: Judicial Watch)

• First President to Terminate America’s Ability to Put a Man into Space (Sources: USA Today, ABC News)

• First President to press for a “treaty giving a U.N. body veto power over the use of our territorial waters and rights to half of all offshore oil revenue” (The Law Of The Sea Treaty, Source: Investors Business Daily)
• First President to send $200 million to a terrorist organization (Hamas) after Congress had explicitly frozen the money for fear it would fund attacks against civilians (Sources: American Thinker, The Independent [UK])

Miscellanea

• First President to Insert Himself into White House Biographies of Past Presidents (Source: The New York Times).
• First President to Golf 122 or More Times in His First Four-and-a-half Years in Office (Source: White House Dossier)

But remember: he will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, and the environment is repaired, etc., etc., etc.

- See more at: President Barack Obama's Complete List of Historic Firsts | The Daily Sheeple

Brought to you by Intellihub.com

Intellihub.com makes our content available for everyone to distribute and re-post as the information contained is vital. However, with that being said, we encourage you to donate as we are not funded by large corporate interests.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Much of that roster was put up here by Chad a week or so ago. It is riddled with factual errors.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I was gonna say, isnt there already a pretty lengthy thread where most of this has been debated and debunked already?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hooo boy, here we go again. They don't retreat, they reload! You betcha! (wink)

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
UncleMatt:

I think some people post more than they read.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was gonna say, isnt there already a pretty lengthy thread where most of this has been debated and debunked already?

No one debunked the other thread. You keep relying on the democratic machine & George Soros' SNOOPS for your information.

It is owned and funded by the left ... period.

I've proven where they lied to protect Scandaldaddy. I've debunked the lies you guys came up with to try to "prove" that I lied.

The only thing you can contribute is Snoops or "we've already debunked that! Wah wah wah!"

Provide proof from a LEGITIMATE SOURCE or stop whinning.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Chad:

Nobody's whining.

Treasure Hunter closed that Thread but all the posts are still readily available. Speaking only for myself I didn't reference either Mr. Soros (a remarkably successful capitalist) or the "democratic machine" (whatever that is). I did document to the US Constitution and other reliable sources.

You ignore my posts - how would you know what I posted? And - you remain wrong about Snopes.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
BTW, when I posted the results of a "Social Security Search" you just say "it's not accurate".

Well, I bet you would say that as well whenever some deadbeat is denied credit. The source used by the PI was experian, transunion and equifax ... the three main credit reporting companies.

Every time someone applies for credit, that information is entered into a database. If you apply for credit as Tom Thumb, the SSN you use is recorded as a key field along with the name and address you used.

Now, let's be honest ... in 1970, who knew that Barry Sotoro aka Barak Hussein Obama was going to run for the presidency and win?

No one. I think rather than saying the SSN search was invalid, it might be good to wonder if maybe some financial hijinks were going on. That really deserves an investigation, but no one is willing to expend the effort.

Be real folks, he is a liar ("if you like your insurance company ...", "if you like your physician ...", "going to close down Camp Gitmo", do I really need to continue?)

How about all those "shovel ready jobs??"

Solyndra getting 1/2 billion ... because a large contributor to his campaign was getting paid back?

All the millions in TARP money that was given to the Tesla car company which never created a single job in THIS country?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Chad:

I find it highly unlikely the PI "investigating" our President was legally accessing the credit bureaus. The reports I've read are that individual was using a double-secret database that couldn't be shared. Bottom Line: The brouhaha about Mr. Obama's Social Security number is nonsense.

As for your claim about Tesla ("All the millions in TARP money that was given to the Tesla car company which never created a single job in THIS country?") that loan - not a gift, grant or other present - was paid off seven years early. Northern California is still part of THIS country.

Tesla Repays Department of Energy Loan Nine Years Early
Only American Car Company to Have Paid Back Government
Wednesday, May 22, 2013

PALO ALTO, Calif.-- Tesla Motors announced that it has paid off the entire loan awarded to the company by the Department of Energy in 2010. In addition to payments made in 2012 and Q1 2013, today’s wire of almost half a billion dollars ($451.8M) repays the full loan facility with interest. Following this payment, Tesla will be the only American car company to have fully repaid the government.

For the first seven years since its founding in 2003, Tesla was funded entirely with private funds, led by Elon Musk. Tesla brought its Roadster sports car to market with a 30% gross margin, designed electric powertrains for Daimler (Mercedes) and had done preliminary design of the Model S all before receiving a government loan.

In 2010, Tesla was awarded a milestone-based loan, requiring matching private capital obtained via public offering, by the DOE as part of the Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing program. This program was signed into law by President Bush in 2008 and then awarded under the Obama administration in the years that followed. This program is often confused with the financial bailouts provided to the then bankrupt GM and Chrysler, who were ineligible for the ATVM program, because a requirement of that program was good financial health.

The loan payment was made today using a portion of the approximately $1 billion in funds raised in last week’s concurrent offerings of common stock and convertible senior notes. Elon Musk, Tesla’s Chief Executive Officer and cofounder, purchased $100 million of common equity, the least secure portion of the offering. “I would like to thank the Department of Energy and the members of Congress and their staffs that worked hard to create the ATVM program, and particularly the American taxpayer from whom these funds originate,” said Elon Musk. “I hope we did you proud.”

Tesla Repays Department of Energy Loan Nine Years Early | Press Releases | Tesla Motors

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

PS: Closing Gitmo would be an excellent idea. We spend over $2.5M each to keep 80 people in prison who should be released. A complete waste of money.

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
No one debunked the other thread. You keep relying on the democratic machine & George Soros' SNOOPS for your information.

It is owned and funded by the left ... period.

I've proven where they lied to protect Scandaldaddy. I've debunked the lies you guys came up with to try to "prove" that I lied.

The only thing you can contribute is Snoops or "we've already debunked that! Wah wah wah!"

Provide proof from a LEGITIMATE SOURCE or stop whinning.

Chad, give me a break...

Sometimes I simply disagree with your other, times I find your posts to be mind boggling...

I have so much to say to counter your comment above but I do not wish to have round 2 of the same thread, referenced above.

EVERY SINGLE aspect of this has already been covered and debated ad nauseum. Maybe someone else would like to cover this stuff again. Myself, Ill pass. No thanks.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chad, give me a break...

Sometimes I simply disagree with your other, times I find your posts to be mind boggling...

I have so much to say to counter your comment above but I do not wish to have round 2 of the same thread, referenced above.

EVERY SINGLE aspect of this has already been covered and debated ad nauseum. Maybe someone else would like to cover this stuff again. Myself, Ill pass. No thanks.

If you meant it when you said: "Ill pass. No thanks." then isn't is a bit weird that you responded at all?

If you really believe that the thread will die on its own, then why are you feeding it?

Disinformation. You want to spread it without anyone calling you or your sources on it.

See, it just doesn't work that way.

Threads die when no one comments on them any longer. Some folks just have a need to antagonize even though you know you have nothing legitimate to rebut the statements.

You proved nothing then but your gullibility. You prove nothing by your posts in this thread except your desire to deride others.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
How about the first Presidential Railroad stamp...

Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 1.17.26 PM.png

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Chad:

Threads also die when people posting on them refuse to back up their statements. They slink away from their messes like a puppy leaving a deposit on the parlor carpet.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Chadeaux's defense Book,, you didn't read the Tesla problem very well or you responded to a non existent question.
I believe he said.."All the millions in TARP money that was given to the Tesla car company which never created a single job in THIS country?"
You answered with a pitiful " they re-payed their loans" (maybe they did, hard to say what is accurate even if you read it in Obamas diary).

But you left out the Solyndra "loan, grant, gift or other present" your response was off target, again.

And then you thought you should post this?

booky; "Chad:

Threads also die when people posting on them refuse to back up their statements. They slink away from their messes like a puppy leaving a deposit on the parlor carpet.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo
"

You were wrong again but ever the bully, trying to avoid the questions, while asserting your bad information.

Luck to you.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys need to knock it off with the bully accusations.

Just because you dont agree with what someone has to say doesnt make them a bully. You are using the term quite incorrectly.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys need to knock it off with the bully accusations.

Just because you dont agree with what someone has to say doesnt make them a bully. You are using the term quite incorrectly.

Are you trying to "bully" me?

Your thread on the topic makes you no expert on the subject. Matter of fact it makes you look blind the the different types of bullying, which is what I decided not to tell you when you started it, So here is as good a place as any.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pip, pip, pip. You post sources all of the time, nearly. Not all of them from credible sources. I thought if you just agreed with the topic it should be good enough for us?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
booky; "Chad:

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo
"

You were wrong again but ever the bully, trying to avoid the questions, while asserting your bad information.

Luck to you.

Thanks Dave, but I believe I will enjoy handling this one.

Booksense, being able to read theory is a hell of a lot different than living in the real world with real problems.

Now, as for slinking away, nope. I replied to your assertions numerous times. I gave the evidence you requested, and when it didn't side with the lying liberals, you just flat out ignored the statements and raised the same idiotic points again.

The only one messing up the carpet and then slinking out is YOU! You ignore facts if they don't agree with your view of the world. You post only snoops garbage, and snoops is in the president's pocket so you can't really expect them to tell the truth.

Just ignore me and we'll both be happy. Why? Because I'm pretty sick of the lies you keep vomiting out.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Dave44:

You claim I posted "bad information" about the Tesla Corp. because I didn't mention another, completely different, company.

Just how is it "pitiful" to point out the truth? Tesla wasn't given anything - it borrowed money and repaid it years early. The facts are posted on the company's website. If you dispute them, where are your sources? "Obama's diary?" Huh?

Speaking of being a bully - why do you shout in red? Is it someone's birthday?

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread