President Elect Trump

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1Untitled copy.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We need to start drafting letters about the states and agency overreach taking away our right to mine
Small scale mining and prospecting are non-discretionary on public domain lands and yet they wont let us use tools other than just a gold pan?
the Trump transition team needs to know what problems need fixed and what needs to change.
The responsibility of our government is to protect, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness for all...

This applies not only to mining, but for ALL responsible outdoor activities that take place on public lands.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trump will also rein in the powers of the BLM............

The federal Bureau of Land Management’s policies of buying up land and selling it back to the public at steep premiums is damaging the economy and inhibiting growth, presidential frontrunner Donald Trump penned in a recent op-ed.

Published with little fanfare in the Reno Gazette-Journal ahead of last month’s Nevada caucus, the billionaire real estate mogul wrote the BLM’s reluctance to release land, in combination with the failure to enforce immigration laws, is “damaging the economy, lowering the standard of living and inhibiting natural economic growth.”

“The BLM controls over 85 percent of the land in Nevada. In the rural areas, those who for decades have had access to public lands for ranching, mining, logging and energy development are forced to deal with arbitrary and capricious rules that are influenced by special interests that profit from the D.C. rule-making and who fill the campaign coffers of Washington politicians,” Trump wrote. “Honest, hardworking citizens who seek freedom and economic independence must beg for deference from a federal government that is more intent on power and control than it is in serving the citizens of the nation.”

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Trump will also rein in the powers of the BLM............

The federal Bureau of Land Management’s policies of buying up land and selling it back to the public at steep premiums is damaging the economy and inhibiting growth, presidential frontrunner Donald Trump penned in a recent op-ed.

Published with little fanfare in the Reno Gazette-Journal ahead of last month’s Nevada caucus, the billionaire real estate mogul wrote the BLM’s reluctance to release land, in combination with the failure to enforce immigration laws, is “damaging the economy, lowering the standard of living and inhibiting natural economic growth.”

“The BLM controls over 85 percent of the land in Nevada. In the rural areas, those who for decades have had access to public lands for ranching, mining, logging and energy development are forced to deal with arbitrary and capricious rules that are influenced by special interests that profit from the D.C. rule-making and who fill the campaign coffers of Washington politicians,” Trump wrote. “Honest, hardworking citizens who seek freedom and economic independence must beg for deference from a federal government that is more intent on power and control than it is in serving the citizens of the nation.”

The man gets it...there is hope. :occasion14:

Thanks for sharing that one GG...:icon_thumright:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No being under water will not affect his hair. I think it's made of stainless steel.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
No being under water will not affect his hair. I think it's made of stainless steel.

Smokey, he's a BILLIONaire! Do you really think he'd settle for stainless steel?? ...It's probably platinum. :laughing7:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Now we can only hope for a change in our favor ! He will need to be fully informed of this predicament in a very positive way by many people that know all the facts and not being just opinions. Without this info ,he just wont know whats up !

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now we can only hope for a change in our favor ! He will need to be fully informed of this predicament in a very positive way by many people that know all the facts and not being just opinions. Without this info ,he just wont know whats up !

Maybe a documentary showing the unfairness of the current silly policies. Most likely things like environmental impact should be included. Would be in the best interest of the miners showing how the weekend warriors are more harmful in the end. Weekend warriors trash the land, the miners are obligated to keep the claims clean, etc.

Weekend warriors per urban dictionary

" A person who regularily parties on weekends. When you drink or smoke up on the weekends you can be considered a weekend warrior "

"A person who has a boring rat race job, and compensates by being irresponsible during the weekend "

Last edited:

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe a documentary showing the unfairness of the current silly policies. Most likely things like environmental impact should be included. Would be in the best interest of the miners showing how the weekend warriors are more harmful in the end. Weekend warriors trash the land, the miners are obligated to keep the claims clean, etc.

*not all weekend warriors have disregard for the environment. Although true for some, i caution you that throwing generalizations out here on the internet for the public to read is probably not in the best interest of ANY miners.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I agree with SoHRs on his post! I wish I was atleast up to a weekend warrior but because of being rode hard and hung up wet with my ole bones and age and "other stuff" Ive been doing a lot of reading and NO dredgeing .BUT hopefully this will come to a end for this Spring / Summer ,CAUSE IM GOING TO TRY TO SNEEK AWAY to do some long over due dredgeing!

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*not all weekend warriors have disregard for the environment. Although true for some, i caution you that throwing generalizations out here on the internet for the public to read is probably not in the best interest of ANY miners.

Sorry guys if I upset you. Urban dictionary meaning of weekend warriors is what I was thinking when I wrote.

" A person who regularily parties on weekends. When you drink or smoke up on the weekends you can be considered a weekend warrior "

"A person who has a boring rat race job, and compensates by being irresponsible during the weekend "

Wasn't implying anything about those who only have time to mine on weekends.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Never heard of "The Urban Dictionary", but I don't think I'll ever have a use for it.

To me, weekend warriors are still good, honorable people. ...But then I lead a sheltered life!! Goofy-Toothy smiley (small).jpg

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard the federal government has replaced gold mines with federal taxes.....and paper money. And they produce nothing but taxes on miners.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just trying to keep this on topic here, so I will ask. Why exactly do you feel this way?

His reasons were stated in his post .

I feel a genuine optimism for the future of mining regarding public land access, rights respected, reasonable regulations and hopefully correcting some past wrongs that have plagued us small miners in recent memory.

If you need more information on WHY he feels that way , then you should have paid more attention to what the President Elect
has been saying . Wise up and do your own homework man ........................................ Damn .

t8ZXhl5.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread