President Elect Trump

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Viewing the CA voting map it looks like most of the mining districts were pro Trump. Pretty much stood out in the sea of blue on the West coast. Guess I'll look at other States results and see if it's a trend.

I also feel more optimistic with Trump winning. Not sure what the future will hold but for sure it's time to change the way things have been done in the past.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 1 district in the entire State of Idaho was blue. Sun Valley -Ketchum area , Little Hollywood.

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so now that trump is president. they'll raise the interest rate on the dollar. which increases it's value. everything will get cheaper, but the supply of money will go "WAY" down.
anyone with any real wealth (gold, silver, and other hard commodities.) will be able to buy up all the dollars available.

than the crooked establishment fiends will blame trump for a new depression.

when your employer or bank can't procure a physical dollar to pay you. that's when things will get tough.

supply and demand also applies to currencies.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a senior and I am very proud of myself for voting for Donald.

Good for you! :icon_thumright:

I'm only 53 so not quite a senior yet(lol)....I voted Trump but seems like the majority of CA liked Hillary.

Trump reached over removed Hillary's butt from behind her knees and handed it too her! Bill rejoiced as he didn't want to be the 1st first man anyways!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No time for gloating [not referring to anyone here, in general] - We need to get on with the business of making America great again !

We'll see how many of his pledges were hot air, there are bound to be some. I don't really care about a wall, I'd be satisfied with a government that properly enforces the laws already on the books.
I think international relations will be tense but will greatly improve in the long run, everyone must have known that they wouldn't be dealing with self hating, excuse making apologists forever. They don't have to like us just so long as they respect us, with a proper dose of fear when necessary.
I hope Trump goes more for the "Speak softly but carry a big stick" mantra more than the in your face take it or leave it style he is known for in the business world. Much too depends on the people he choses to surround himself with, he has already made a good start on that during the campaign.

He is going to be under enormous pressure to appoint females/minorities just to show he is inclusive, I am dead set against that crap. I want the best man or woman irrespective of race to fill important positions.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe it is time to avoid the pressure of political correctness now and proceed forward.

I love all these posts from people happy with the election results. We can't really express all we feel here on this specific thread, as this is not a Political Forum.

In our delight at the election results, we've been given a little bit of latitude in our expressions of delight at the political evolution of our United States of America.

Just maybe the necessity of the Political Forum may pass in peace finally.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't notice this wasn't the political forum, I for one can see the need to keep that subject contained ... Many if not most forums don't allow it period.

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well it's one thread and as long as it's on topic (trump's elect relative to gold mining/economy) I don't think the mods will mind.

btw go trump. he's not NWO or satanic. that's what REALLY matters.

hopefully he'll be able to soften and manage the economic blow that's about to come. stupid evil banks

Last edited:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad Trump won! It's one heck of a load off on many fronts in my life.

Now we need to make him aware of what he can help us with, not just expect him to know and do for us.

Same goes for our republican reps and senators in congress. They might now turn a ear to listen to us little guys after what Trump has accomplished.

kurtak

Nov 5, 2016
Central Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad Trump won! It's one heck of a load off on many fronts in my life.

Now we need to make him aware of what he can help us with, not just expect him to know and do for us.

Same goes for our republican reps and senators in congress. They might now turn a ear to listen to us little guys after what Trump has accomplished.

That's my vote & hope as well --- If you happen to be lucky enough to have a republican congressman in the house - now is a good time to contact them

Kurt

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel a genuine optimism for the future of mining regarding public land access, rights respected, reasonable regulations and hopefully correcting some past wrongs that have plagued us small miners in recent memory.

**At least for the next 4-8 years.

Just trying to keep this on topic here, so I will ask. Why exactly do you feel this way?

asrussell96

Jul 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think that Trump will have much effect on the small miners...

That being said.....as a vet that served in Iraq a couple of times I am proud to say that I voted on Trump

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Semper Fi Samuel. This senior Devil Dog is proud to say that I voted for Trump also. It was time for change. Positive Change, Constitutionally Correct Change. No one person is perfect and has all the answers, but the way I look at it was that President Elect Trump was a positive shift in the direction that our country has taken these past eight years.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The electoral college/vote is an equalizer. Cali has 55 electoral votes and each one represents about 700,000 of the current population. In contrast AZ has 11 electoral votes and each represents about 600,000 of the current population. The electoral votes change with each official census and as state populations grow or shrink they either gain or lose electoral votes. This is the most fair way to ensure that similar sized population fractions IN EACH STATE is fairly represented.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep any political comments on election directly related to Gold mining....

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's funny TH, I was scrolling thru thinking you were due here.

First couple things that come to mind are Executive Actions the current President enacted that affect us. National Monuments and other land use restrictions. CA dredging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions