Pretty Please Dowse my Map

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Howdy,
I am new to this site and have been reading over all your post on Dowsing. Simply fascinating. Thank you all for the time you have given to teach us newbies the ropes on Dowsing!
I have also done some dowsing, not much though. More of a MDer.
I was wondering if you could please look at my map of my property and see if your dowsing rods see anything. Any place on the map would be great.
Thank you so kindly
Joy
Untitled_map1.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this your property or your mining property? Was getting a lot signals marked by circles. There is more in the upper left corner of the photo that didn't get marked.

Attachments

• home_map1.jpg
    home_map1.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 593
OP
OP
Boomdeyada

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Red_desert, This is my property, part of it. I have more to the left where my house is and more land to the left also, but I didn't include that as its not as open as this section.
What do the circles represent?
Thank you Kindly
Joy

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
# 1..I have gold coins buried @ 1 foot deep in a saddle bag. It is 5 feet North of a marked tree
# 2..Two metal containers in separate holes @ 1 foot deep…Jewelry with stones

I also am finding a lot of Micro Gold deposits that are not worth looking for

Attachments

• Untitled_map1.jpg
    Untitled_map1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 582
OP
OP
Boomdeyada

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Red_desert, and aarthrj3811
Red, Been out to day checking your circles. Only had time to do the inner section inside the road. You were dead on on lot of things, nothing get to get excited over yet, but I did find things in them sections. One section had a wonderful signal, but it was deep and the ground was soft and spongy and I know I would have been in a world of mud if I dug, so will wait for that area to dry up a bit as we had rain.
I will check out the upper right corner Friday. That whole section should be interesting as its all untouch land, except for cow paths going threw it and its all woods.

aarthrj3811, Thank you so very much for your grid and the spots you have marked. Its very possible that there can be a burried saddle bag in that section as this whole area is full of history and very possible as most the trees are big old oaks so the tree could be marked. Also by the tree in the pasture, just south of the tree. Thats also a great possibility. I will for sure let you both know what I find.

I can't thank you both enough for your time and energy in doing this for me.
You both are indeed sweet folks. :thumbsup:
Joy

OP
OP
Boomdeyada

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
boogeyman, You bet I will, This is really exciting. ;D

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boomdeyada said:
Red_desert, This is my property, part of it. I have more to the left where my house is and more land to the left also, but I didn't include that as its not as open as this section.
What do the circles represent?
Thank you Kindly
Joy

I see Art mentioned some micro gold deposits.

Well, was getting some gold deposits, there is a vein running into the middle area from the left side of photo. I tried asking about gold coins and still got some responses. I think you have a mix of targets and a cache certainly is possible too. I could check specifically on caches, reason was waiting to find out if you're doing any prospecting there. Untouched, sounds real good for detecting. Even some poor gold deposits should have attracted a few characters in the early days.

Joy, I just now stopped to check and make sure about the gold coin signals, got at least 4, but this is because I quit looking for now. Wasn't checking on the caches yet, some of those could possibly be a cache.

OP
OP
Boomdeyada

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Red_desert,
Thank you for your time on this.
I don’t think there would be a vein of gold here as we are not in the area.
We have found Iron Pyrite (fool’s gold) in the clay in the river just 600 feet north of the map I sent.
3 or so more inches of the map would have shown the river.
To give you a better idea of the lay of the land we are in central Texas.
I am sure that will give you and aartrj3811 a better idea of the minerals in this area and a bit of history.
If there was gold, it would have to be Spanish coins or something from that time period, also musket balls and canon balls. lost burried jewlery Etc

I will for sure keep you updated on my finds. I feel tomorrow will be a good day for hunting and checking out yours and aartrj3811 maps.

Thank you
Joy

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Central Texas has a lot of old Spanish gold mine history...especially around San Saba area, if that is considered Central TX.

Sounds good!

OP
OP
Boomdeyada

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
OK Update,
Went over to where Art had the red bocks in the pasture as it was easiest to get to. I am getting some good signals over there. One great signal prompt me to dig. Ground is like cement over there and I about wore myself out just getting to 3 inched down. Looked over and ATV had flat. Not good so took the rest of the day getting new tires for it. Will go back over Sunday with tractor to scrape away the surface and then check all the loose dirt before digging more. I want to check everything as I go. I don’t want to be sloppy about it.

I promise to keep you updated on what I fine. Rome wasn’t built in a day and this is going to take some time too as I have so many places to check from Art and Red Desert!

Joy

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Central Texas has a lot of old Spanish gold mine history...especially around San Saba area, if that is considered Central TX.
Hey Red_desert…Texas and Oklahoma seems to surprise me about what is there….I have Dowsed Inca, Spanish and KGC sites…and a lot of robbery sites..Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, stuff you can search for...I don't live in such an area. I have some Chicago ganster and John Dillinger caches out my way...but recovering any of them, no doubt would have the FBI knocking at your door.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Boomdeyada,
Dowsing has revealed in or in the vicinity of the white circles a mixed cache of gold/silver coins, approx 2 to 2.5 feet deep, 20-25 lbs. of coins in a small metal strongbox.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• boomdeyadadowsed.jpg
    boomdeyadadowsed.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 455
OP
OP
Boomdeyada

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Good Afternoon,
Just to let you know I haven't got lost! ;D
I have been digging here and there and coming up with alot of baling wire and barbed wire. I can't beleive how the tiniest peice will show up. I ran into a huge rock and had a good signal, huffed and puffed to get that rock moved to find a small piece of brass wire.
I did find a tree, how ever it didn't have a mark on it. It had a stone at the base and the stone was pointed and pointing down. I thought that woud be a good place to dig. Got down about 1 foot and ran into yet again very old barbed wire. It was a good size peice too!

All in all I am afraid to go into the woods where Art and Red have all the good marking on my map. Why, one might wonder...... well there are oodles and oodles of coyote holes all over the place. I know they come out at night as we hear them yapping all the time, but ya supose if they hear me rousting about that they would come out to see whats going on? I can't run to save my life so fearing I would be coyote lunch! :o

Jon, Thank you for adding to the map. I will forsure check them out too. 20-25 lbs :o Wow!!!! OK just picked my self up off the floor here! I'm OK. Hahaha

Oh Red I did check out alot of your places. One place close to the fence was most likely the mowboard as it was sitting right in that spot. Then on another place on the fence line was a metal barrel, I did check them spots out though just to make sure, but was most likely them.

Other than that, its been touch and go.

Art I still am digging over by the tree just out side your box. There is something down there, what... I have yet to see. The ground is really hard. Yesterday I was over there digging and wore my sef thin. Its really slow going as the shovel fights the rocks.

I haven't forgot the saddle bag, I think of it all the time. Just got to fine the right tree. Ya supose the tree could have died and and just the roots left?
There is a big old oak down there, I am wondering if that could be it. Must be over 200 years old.

Well any ways, Just wanted to let you know I am still here and alive and digging. :thumbsup:
Hoping the native animals don't get me!! ;D
Joy

OP
OP
Boomdeyada

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
okiedowser,
Hey no one wants to be coyote lunch. ;D Plus my arm is getting tired of digging. I also need a better pick. Getting lots of walking in and fresh air. Thats always good. :thumbsup: Thanks for the map. That area looks like its just out side the small field. A short walk for sure. Maybe there won't be so many dang rocks in that area, one can only hope. So far I have run into more rock and wire that I could build a new rusty fence and build a rock house.
I think I'll walk on down and just leave all the heavy stuff behind this time and just take the dowers and see what I come up with. I have so many places to check. I hope I live long enough to find something. :thumbsup:
Joy

OP
OP
Boomdeyada

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Ya know folks, When looking at a map all you see is the aerial view.
It looks much different from ground level.
Not sure if anyone ever shown a ground view but here is mine. (below) I hope you don’t mind.

This is what I am dealing with in all the good spots you fine folks have given me to hunt.
I have used Reds map at the bottom of this picture to post the numbers as to what area and what it looks like.

Looking at the map on the bottom is numbers that match up to the other pictures and you can see what I see.

I am standing at #6 and 7 to take pictures of #5-6-7-8 shown on map.
Picture #5 is the section where Art said to dig by the tree. You can see the tree as its next to the horse. He looks like he is looking in the hole that I am digging over there.

Looking north from #6-7 is all the wooded area and all the good treasure that you all have pin pointed, is out there someplace, just waiting to be discovered.

#3 is one of the oldest trees out there and # 4 is what I see facing north from the tree. Although I see no marks on the tree at all or I am missing it.
#1 and 2 doesn’t look to bad although lots of brush so I will try them areas first and work my way all over the place.

Just wanted to show you ground level vs. aerial view.
Hope you don’t mind. If so then I will delete it.
Supose to rain this weekend so hoping to get enough to soften the ground.
Happy hunting! :D
Joy
property1.jpg

db1guy

Greenie
Dec 24, 2010
just did that and got a reading near the top center of the map approximately one half inch below the road in the top central part of your photo db

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hadn't really marked anything for metal detecting...was looking for placer gold deposits. There is a kind of geology, found some places like the state of Virginia, gold occurs places along with iron pyrite.

I was intending to do another dowsing for just treasure, but somehow got busy and never got to it.

You are probably tired of excavating by now...
Circles are places to metal detect, you shouldn't have to excavate...most of them.
Xs are treasure (coins) down deep, 2 1/2, 3, 4 1/2 feet. I was going to number them on depth, but ran out of time.

Edit-I replaced the photo with an updated finished one.

Attachments

• home_map1C.jpg
    home_map1C.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 361

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread