Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bill from lachine said:
Crispin/stockpicker,

Either you guys start acting crazy on these threads or.....I'll have to change my meds.....

Can't be crazy anymore. Big brother censoring my posts if I "mock" someone's post. Takes all the fun out of life - who doesn't like a good mocking now and then. Pretty soon I won't be able to use my god given Yankee wit.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
no not at all, just grow tiered of hen picking, and back and forth bull. It is always the same crap, arguments just
to argue. I take it as a duty to try and uphold this great gift which is America. Come on crispin "We band of brothers..."
Europe is falling apart we do not want to become more like them.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all honesty, I don't think there is a person here that is against appealing the 2nd Amendment. As far as the issues goes, I think it just speaks to reform.. Period. So what you can't have a large mag for your gun, it's a simple solution, just buy more mags. I don't see them banning semi automatic weapons either, again no foul.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't be crazy anymore. Big brother censoring my posts if I "mock" someone's post. Takes all the fun out of life - who doesn't like a good mocking now and then. Pretty soon I won't be able to use my god given Yankee wit.

Don't take it personal. My posts get deleted all the time. If I really want to talk about then I just start a new thread.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
no not at all, just grow tiered of hen picking, and back and forth bull. It is always the same crap, arguments just
to argue. I take it as a duty to try and uphold this great gift which is America. Come on crispin "We band of brothers..."
Europe is falling apart we do not want to become more like them.

Honestly: My opinion does not belong in the gun debate anymore. I have learned on this forum that I know very little about it. I choose to defer to the wisdom of others. However, I do know circular arguments, hypocrisy, hate-mongering, and intellectual bashing. I reserve the right to comment on those.

If you got a chance to read my manifesto about a month or so ago...I'm focusing on mental illness. That is something I know a thing or two about. My plan is contribute to knowledge where I can. We are a band of brothers, that is well said. Perhaps, we should ALL start acting like it.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spartacus53 said:
In all honesty, I don't think there is a person here that is against appealing the 2nd Amendment. As far as the issues goes, I think it just speaks to reform.. Period. So what you can't have a large mag for your gun, it's a simple solution, just buy more mags. I don't see them banning semi automatic weapons either, again no foul.

You are exactly right. The NRA and big gun starting throwing around the repealing the second BS to ramp up the donations and sales. Only actual discussion going on are on regulations and even these are mostly no different that have been in effect in the past. No one is talking repeal.

I give NRA/big gun all the credit in the world - I guarantee they are just absolutely raking it in and no one is any wiser (matter of fact they come out looking like heros).

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spart,

You're starting to scare me.....your job and mine are to be foolish and insane.....kind of like a job description if you will....now you're getting rational and lucid.....so you're starting to scare me....lol.

Crispin and stockpicker and supposed to be rational/lucid and all that boring stuff and now they're starting to act the way we're supposed to act ....heck I'm starting to get dizzy....lol...

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Spart,

You're starting to scare me.....your job and mine are to be foolish and insane.....kind of like a job description if you will....now you're getting rational and lucid.....so you're starting to scare me....lol.

Crispin and stockpicker and supposed to be rational/lucid and all that boring stuff and now they're starting to act the way we're supposed to act ....heck I'm starting to get dizzy....lol...

Bill,

I don't know what you are talking about. Stockpicker and I are being totally lucid, and you and Spart make no sense at all. Did you take your nightly meds yet?

Crispin

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give NRA/big gun all the credit in the world - I guarantee they are just absolutely raking it in and no one is any wiser (matter of fact they come out looking like heros).

Trust me on this, they are not the only ones raking it in. There's a little thing called advertising :laughing7:

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
I applaud the sheriffs around the country standing for what they believe in, and I agree with them.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes to see the obvious, all one needs is a good whack to the head with a shovel :laughing7:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spartacus53 said:
Trust me on this, they are not the only ones raking it in. There's a little thing called advertising :laughing7:

You got it. Think how much they rake in during the elections!!

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I applaud the sheriffs around the country standing for what they believe in, and I agree with them.

Sheriffs do not have the power to interpret the constitution for themselves. Their individual "stands" are one man acts of tyranny. Taking the law into their own hands is directly against the constitution. We have due process to handle laws, the bedrock of which was laid down by our founding fathers.

Sheriffs are servants of the people. Their wages paid by our taxes. They embarrass themselves by bring their own personal opinions into their jobs.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Treasure Hunter: I'm not trying to be confrontational here....but, in the past I have stated the Supreme Court should interpret the constitution and you stated that if it violates constitutional law it is null; regardless, of what the Supreme Court says. Now you are using one of their rulings to support your stance. Are we going to allow the Supreme Court to rule on gun laws or are we going to interpret the constitution for ourselves?

Best regards,

Crispin

SCOTUS interprets whether a law is legal or not based on the constitution. It is not there to "interpret the constitution" but rather to interpret enactments of Congress in light of the Constitution - i.e. they determine if it stands or falls based on whether it conforms to the Constitution.

The role of SCOTUS is to examine federal and state statutes and executive actions to determine whether they conform to the U.S. Constitution. When the court rules against the constitutionality of a statute or an executive action, its decision can be overcome only if the Constitution is amended or if the court later overrules itself or modifies its previous opinion. In other words, portions may be allowed to stand, but the decision is still in light of the Constitution not some Judge's or President's or even Congress's whim.

The Constitution is the ultimate law of the land. Baring amending the Constitution, any gun grab or ban is unconstitutional, although certain portions may be allowed to stand in either its original or a modified form provided they do not violate the Constitution.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
"will not be infringed' which it has, enough already. Our freedoms we have are because they had guns.
Thats why they put it in the constitution.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
"will not be infringed' which it has, enough already. Our freedoms we have are because they had guns.
Thats why they put it in the constitution.

Bevo: We just went back to square one...again. I don't want to take anybody's guns. Stockpicker does not want to take anybody's guns. Spartacus does not want to take anybody's guns. Bill is Canadian and doesn't get a vote. ;)

The NRA is manipulating people to make money.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Whatever......actually I've got a song for you....probably the wrong thread but kind of fits anyway.....I'll stop rambling now.....just crank up the speaker and enjoy....kind of fits with my friends post....

Bill,

I don't know what you are talking about. Stockpicker and I are being totally lucid, and you and Spart make no sense at all. Did you take your nightly meds yet?

Crispin

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chadeaux said:
SCOTUS interprets whether a law is legal or not based on the constitution. It is not there to "interpret the constitution" but rather to interpret enactments of Congress in light of the Constitution - i.e. they determine if it stands or falls based on whether it conforms to the Constitution.

The role of SCOTUS is to examine federal and state statutes and executive actions to determine whether they conform to the U.S. Constitution. When the court rules against the constitutionality of a statute or an executive action, its decision can be overcome only if the Constitution is amended or if the court later overrules itself or modifies its previous opinion. In other words, portions may be allowed to stand, but the decision is still in light of the Constitution not some Judge's or President's or even Congress's whim.

The Constitution is the ultimate law of the land. Baring amending the Constitution, any gun grab or ban is unconstitutional, although certain portions may be allowed to stand in either its original or a modified form provided they do not violate the Constitution.

Very well spoken. So when the Clinton era "assault weapon ban" was put into law was that law deemed unconstitutional or did it stand as not violating the constitution.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

But....but...but....even if I'm a Canuck.....I want to take everyone's guns.....and then I'm going to sell them all to Red...works for me.....I spent 35 years in marketing.....if there's a way to make a buck.....I'll figure it out.....just 2nd nature to me dude....lol

Bevo: We just went back to square one...again. I don't want to take anybody's guns. Stockpicker does not want to take anybody's guns. Spartacus does not want to take anybody's guns. Bill is Canadian and doesn't get a vote. ;)

The NRA is manipulating people to make money.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Honestly: My opinion does not belong in the gun debate anymore. I have learned on this forum that I know very little about it. I choose to defer to the wisdom of others. However, I do know circular arguments, hypocrisy, hate-mongering, and intellectual bashing. I reserve the right to comment on those.

If you got a chance to read my manifesto about a month or so ago...I'm focusing on mental illness. That is something I know a thing or two about. My plan is contribute to knowledge where I can. We are a band of brothers, that is well said. Perhaps, we should ALL start acting like it.

TY for your Service...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread