Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Murdered Navy SEAL Was Obama Gun Control Foe

Chris Kyle involved in program to arm school teachers

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
February 4, 2013

Murdered Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, gunned down at point-blank range in Texas this past weekend, was emerging as a prominent gun control critic – working to place armed guards in schools in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook massacre.

In one of his last interviews just two weeks before his death, Kyle told Guns.com that he was against Obama’s gun control agenda, warning that any attempt to confiscate firearms could end disastrously.

“I’ve talked to a bunch of cops and secret service guys and they aren’t going to go to anyone’s house, especially if they have guns they don’t want to be knocking on doors,” said the best-selling author of “American Sniper”.

Kyle added that his company, Craft International, was involved in working with schools in Texas to hire armed guards and off-duty police officers as a response to the Sandy Hook shootings. The company was also carrying out screenings and gun safety training for teachers and school officials who expressed a desire to have firearms in school.

Kyle was set to host a “Civilian Training Event” at Rough Creek Lodge gun range, the same location where he was shot dead, an event scheduled for March 1-3, according to the company’s website.

Championed by the NRA, the idea of placing armed guards in schools has been rejected by the Obama administration despite the fact that the school Obama’s daughters attend has no less than 11 armed security guards on duty at all times.

During an ABC Nightline interview broadcast on December 26 yet recorded before the Sandy Hook shooting, Obama said one of the benefits of his re-election was the ability “to have men with guns around at all times,” in order to protect his daughters.

During the Interview, Kyle also said that the administration’s attempt to ban high capacity magazines was “just opening the door so you can start taking more of our rights,” noting that the founding fathers had the same weapons that the military did at the time of the revolution. ” We don’t have that today, but don’t try and take what I’ve already got,” said Kyle.

The former Navy SEAL also addressed the gun control debate, noting that England enforced a total gun ban yet has the highest violent crime rate in Europe, whereas Switzerland, which in comparison has almost universal firearm ownership, routinely has one of the lowest.

Kyle’s alleged killer has been named as 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, an ex-Marine who suffered from post traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD). Routh was arrested at his home in Lancaster, Texas after leading police on a chase following the shooting.

No motive has been established for the murder.

Kyle, who was credited with the most sniper kills in U.S. military history, was a New York Times bestselling author. He was also highly decorated, achieving two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps commendation during his four tours in Iraq.

rustyman9791

Sep 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Minelab profind.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He was a great American Hero.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
Murdered Navy SEAL Was Obama Gun Control Foe

Chris Kyle involved in program to arm school teachers

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
February 4, 2013

Murdered Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, gunned down at point-blank range in Texas this past weekend, was emerging as a prominent gun control critic – working to place armed guards in schools in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook massacre.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/llLVMUlDpaE

In one of his last interviews just two weeks before his death, Kyle told Guns.com that he was against Obama’s gun control agenda, warning that any attempt to confiscate firearms could end disastrously.

“I’ve talked to a bunch of cops and secret service guys and they aren’t going to go to anyone’s house, especially if they have guns they don’t want to be knocking on doors,” said the best-selling author of “American Sniper”.

Kyle added that his company, Craft International, was involved in working with schools in Texas to hire armed guards and off-duty police officers as a response to the Sandy Hook shootings. The company was also carrying out screenings and gun safety training for teachers and school officials who expressed a desire to have firearms in school.

Kyle was set to host a “Civilian Training Event” at Rough Creek Lodge gun range, the same location where he was shot dead, an event scheduled for March 1-3, according to the company’s website.

Championed by the NRA, the idea of placing armed guards in schools has been rejected by the Obama administration despite the fact that the school Obama’s daughters attend has no less than 11 armed security guards on duty at all times.

During an ABC Nightline interview broadcast on December 26 yet recorded before the Sandy Hook shooting, Obama said one of the benefits of his re-election was the ability “to have men with guns around at all times,” in order to protect his daughters.

During the Interview, Kyle also said that the administration’s attempt to ban high capacity magazines was “just opening the door so you can start taking more of our rights,” noting that the founding fathers had the same weapons that the military did at the time of the revolution. ” We don’t have that today, but don’t try and take what I’ve already got,” said Kyle.

The former Navy SEAL also addressed the gun control debate, noting that England enforced a total gun ban yet has the highest violent crime rate in Europe, whereas Switzerland, which in comparison has almost universal firearm ownership, routinely has one of the lowest.

Kyle’s alleged killer has been named as 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, an ex-Marine who suffered from post traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD). Routh was arrested at his home in Lancaster, Texas after leading police on a chase following the shooting.

No motive has been established for the murder.

Kyle, who was credited with the most sniper kills in U.S. military history, was a New York Times bestselling author. He was also highly decorated, achieving two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps commendation during his four tours in Iraq.

So the point of this story is that even a highly highly highly trained gun owner could not stop a criminal from walking up and shooting/killing him. Seems like if someone wants to shoot you, they are going to shoot you no matter how well armed you are? Not sure this plays well in to the self defense/protection argument?

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Stockpicker , read the article first before you pass judgement . He knew the kid and was trying to help him through a tough time after his military service . Anyone can be caught of guard by a friend .

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
XLTer said:
Come on Stockpicker , read the article first before you pass judgement . He knew the kid and was trying to help him through a tough time after his military service . Anyone can be caught of guard by a friend .

I read the article. And that's exactly my point. A high percent of non-urban gun injuries or fatalities is not the ski masked home invader it's the friend, relative, neighbor, etc.

And my guess is that the friend was a law abiding gun owner with a legally purchased and licensed gun. And would he have killed his friend with a bat or a hammer - I'm not so sure about that.

And this does sometimes just happen - but it actually just happens quite a bit. But again its not the guns fault, gun don't kill people - people kill people. But maybe guns make the killing a little bit easier and less personal?? Not sure.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
A tragic loss to our country.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stock your saying because he was caught off guard and murdered every citizen in this country should just give up and surrender to evil.

Sorry but those of us who support the BoR and Constitution were not brought up that way, If I die at anothers hand it will not be because I had surrendered my right to defend myself due to cowardness or fear of unconstitutional law, I will not cower in fear of man or government, when I die I will die a free man.....If I die by anothers hand at least I had the right to defend myself..

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where did I say that? You must be reading a different post. Stick with making your own statements and worrying less about what you think other people are saying or thinking.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the point of this story is that even a highly highly highly trained gun owner could not stop a criminal from walking up and shooting/killing him. Seems like if someone wants to shoot you, they are going to shoot you no matter how well armed you are? Not sure this plays well in to the self defense/protection argument?

See above.......

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the article. And that's exactly my point. A high percent of non-urban gun injuries or fatalities is not the ski masked home invader it's the friend, relative, neighbor, etc.

And my guess is that the friend was a law abiding gun owner with a legally purchased and licensed gun. And would he have killed his friend with a bat or a hammer - I'm not so sure about that.

And this does sometimes just happen - but it actually just happens quite a bit. But again its not the guns fault, gun don't kill people - people kill people. But maybe guns make the killing a little bit easier and less personal?? Not sure.

Sorry , my misunderstanding then . But , you can now understand the Mental issue of the debate currently going on . But , I'm to young to remember our State Institutions in the first half of the 1900's . People with minor issues were admited and never released . We don't want to go there again . So , where do we go from here ?People no longer trust our Govt. to make these decisions . Who do you trust ? A doctor or judge that could possibly getting Kick-Backs from Institutions ? I don't have an answer , but we have to be very carefull when someone claims to .

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
XLTer said:
Sorry , my misunderstanding then . But , you can now understand the Mental issue of the debate currently going on . But , I'm to young to remember our State Institutions in the first half of the 1900's . People with minor issues were admited and never released . We don't want to go there again . So , where do we go from here ?People no longer trust our Govt. to make these decisions . Who do you trust ? A doctor or judge that could possibly getting Kick-Backs from Institutions ? I don't have an answer , but we have to be very carefull when someone claims to .

Unfortunately these "phycological issues" are often not discovered until its too late. And I'm sure there will be plenty of outcry when anyone is denied their right to own a gun because some shrink thinks that they shouldn't own one.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Stock your saying because he was caught off guard and murdered every citizen in this country should just give up and surrender to evil.

Sorry but those of us who support the BoR and Constitution were not brought up that way, If I die at anothers hand it will not be because I had surrendered my right to defend myself due to cowardness or fear of unconstitutional law, I will not cower in fear of man or government, when I die I will die a free man.....If I die by anothers hand at least I had the right to defend myself..

It's all well and fine to have Clint Eastwood fantasies or red dawn fantasies but what about all the accidental deaths and injuries. Are those people cowards also or is it just acceptable losses? Or would have they just died from a bat or hammer anyways. What do you believe is an acceptable number of deaths? No need to answer if you don't want. Or you can just answer with a non-answer like - "we'll people die in cars, lets make cars illegal". How many accidental children deaths from guns do you think is an acceptable number?

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
How many accidental children deaths from guns do you think is an acceptable number?

Blame the inanimate object instead of the negligent parent?Nice cop out,very pitiful point of view if you ask me:sign10: Do you blame your TV for a bad day at the stocks.How about your fork when you gain weight.Guns cant talk back and defend themselves,an inanimate object makes a great scapegoat.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 2000 kids a year die in car accidents, when are we going to ban this terrible killer of our young children.

Approx 275 kids are killed in bicycle accidents a year, when are we going to ban this killer of our youth...

Between 1990 and 2000, 147 children ages 14 and younger died from playground-related injuries, when are we going to ban the play-ground death trap.....

Over 800 children a year die in swimming pools, when is our government going to ban swimming pools, how many must die before we say enough is enough.... Only pools ran by govenments should be allowed.....

echodog

Oct 29, 2012
He was a hero! Yea he was a gun advocate, he made a living with one. If you were a carpenter and people wanted a hammer ban you'd be a little irked too. Not to even get into the fact he fought for the right to bear arms... And your right to freedom of speech.
Personally I feel for his family and that of the young man who killed him and his friend. What a shame the military cant do more for our young people coming back from war.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
He was a hero! Yea he was a gun advocate, he made a living with one. If you were a carpenter and people wanted a hammer ban you'd be a little irked too. Not to even get into the fact he fought for the right to bear arms... And your right to freedom of speech.
Personally I feel for his family and that of the young man who killed him and his friend. What a shame the military cant do more for our young people coming back from war.

They can and we can. Stigma of mental illness is a barrier to helping these people. Help break down these barriers by speaking out against it. I do...every day of my life.

Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunately these "phycological issues" are often not discovered until its too late. And I'm sure there will be plenty of outcry when anyone is denied their right to own a gun because some shrink thinks that they shouldn't own one.

This will never happen. In order for this to happen psychiatrists would have to be willing to do this. I know a lot of psychiatrists and none of them would agree to decide on who can or cannot own a gun. They will have to pry my opinion out of my cold dead brain, as a professional that is.

As an average Joe...I'm ready to talk about compromise if anybody else wants to.

Crispin

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Over 2000 kids a year die in car accidents, when are we going to ban this terrible killer of our young children.

Approx 275 kids are killed in bicycle accidents a year, when are we going to ban this killer of our youth...

Between 1990 and 2000, 147 children ages 14 and younger died from playground-related injuries, when are we going to ban the play-ground death trap.....

Over 800 children a year die in swimming pools, when is our government going to ban swimming pools, how many must die before we say enough is enough.... Only pools ran by govenments should be allowed.....

So using your logic we should make crack, heroin, anthrax and mustard gas legal since they do not kill?

So you would not propose that gun locks, gun safes, etc be required in an attempt to safe those innocent lives?

If you are in a group of cars and you are all speeding and a police officer only pulls you over and tickets you. You contest the ticket and go to court and tell the judge - "well everyone else was speeding". Is that a valid argument or not??

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What I read was that the young Marine with PTSD was being worked by the Hero per Marine's mother's request; it goes back the the Vets & PTSD "thread".

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
ummmm..... Jeffrey Dahmer

Anybody propose we don't eat anymore?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread