prizm IV not working right!!!!

coinshooter1

May 6, 2008
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites prizm IV
can anybody help? My Prizm IV having issues. When i did an air test with some coins here were the results. a Quarter came up as a Zinc penny, a half dollar came up as a penny, and a nickle came up as foil. i tried new batterys and that did not do anything. i also dont get very good depth. 4 inches at the most. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
coinshooter

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
4" is about normal in bad ground, but it should air test to a much greater distance. I've noted that the amount of error was the same, a few segments low. I'm guessing it needs some kind of adjustment.

If the detector is under 2 years old, it is still under warranty, meaning you pay shipping to get it to White's factory or regional service center & possibly return shipping. If it is more than 2 years old, you would also have to pay something for labor & possibly parts.

At the top of the TNet page is a White's logo. If you click on that, you can choose White's forum or home page. You should find info there on contacting White's. They will tell you if you should send it in or if there is any trick you can try to reset it. Best wishes, George (MN)

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Coinshooter1, is there any way you could check the coil on the Prizm? If you have another coil or a friend could loan you theirs, that would help narrow it down some.
If not, do you have a way test the continuity and resistance of the coil (a digital multimeter)?
Occasionally, the ground shielding wire may separate from the shielding in the cable, or the connector may have a loose wire.
If this helps or not please let me know! I will try to help any way possible!
Regards, SkyPilot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread