Probe info

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only probes I've used are the manual ones like screwdivers and the inline probes like the Sunray S-1 for my Sov. GT. I love that probe as it works right off the controls. I have never had much luck with the Whites toys.

ParkHunter61

Nov 30, 2008
Monty did a nice review on one in (metal detector reviews by owners) under (other brands) on this site.
Harbor freight for 15$ - Just got one and so far I'm happy with it but haven't had it that long..
Bill

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Automax is a good one if you don't stick it in your belt and bend over and snap the probe off! I did that on my first one and tossed it. I was given another one by a forum member, Leon. The first thing I did was put a thick chunk of epoxy ribbon where the probe meets the control box and glued that sucker. Hasn't broken yet and it's been two years. It is kinda heavy and bulky though , the only drawback I have found. The Harbor freight probe is really light, compact and handy and also comes with a carry case. I really like it for the money involved. See my evaluation in the tests by owner section.Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions