Problem with Whites 5900 DI Pro SL

g-dawg

May 11, 2011
Problem with White's 5900 DI Pro SL

Let me say first of all that I am happy I stumbled onto TN while trying to find help with this problem. What a great site! I have owned this detector since the late 90s and have found a lot of coins over the years. I used to be able to set it on the "P's" and hunt away with no problem. I always got good sounds and prefect pinpointing. Now, it will do none of that. In fact, when you turn it on, all it does is chatter and hum loudly even if you are holding it up in the air. Electrical interference does not seem to be the problem as I have tried it at locations I have hunted many times before without incident and it does the same thing. I can swing it over a quarter and it does not even acknowledge it. I have cleaned the coil and cover, cleaned the battery terminals and checked the connections of both the battery box and cable connections, but no change. May consider sending it in to White's for repair unless someone here has some idea of a simple fix. By the way, even trying to ground balance makes no difference. It just seems as if it will not respond to any kind of adjustment. I welcome any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Problem with White's 5900 DI Pro SL

541-367-6121 Talked to the operator and Was transfered to Todd He was Great and was willing to listen to me and Took care of Me He may be able to Help you out!!! HH Chug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread