tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Repair or Replace? Dad's White Eagle II

Well it finally happened... after sitting around for years (since new) and then being put back into use a few years ago, My dad's white eagle II might have given up the ghost.

Given how lightly he used it, I hoped it would last longer but nothing sits around without aging. He originally bought it as a business tool for finding buried lines and maybe used it a hand full of times. I was walking between an old chicken house and barn when it just went dead. Thinking it was the battery pack i swapped it out with the other c-cell backup (the actual battery pack exploded years ago). I powered it on and went to set it on the air setting and it went haywire. Different display settings flash and only the top two buttons on either side of the screen work. I apologize for being so vague, but it was dropped off with a buddy to look at today and i don't have it in front of me.

Depending on what my friend says, and the cost of course, would it be better to get the WE2 repaired or should I be looking at a newer model?

shipwreck61

Tenderfoot
Sep 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy mine lab white s are old tech I had that machine 30 yrs ago time to put it to bed

scotter1

Mar 16, 2014
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine labs are good but heavy and slow recovery.whites is still the oldest and one of the top detectors.depending on what you want to spend.whites is far faster than mine lab.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread