Probly one of my coolest silver finds yet! and what i think is a LC??

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I had the day off today so I hit my new spot at 9am to beat the heat a bit. worked a new section of the yard and was pulling wheats right off the bat, about 1130 I broke for lunch cause i was getting shakey (too busy havin fun to eat). Anyhow after lunch it started POURING of course but w/ my trusty new waterproof atpro i said heck with it and kept digging. Glad i did because a little while later i pulled this coin looking thing that is the exact size of my large cents i have, and I can see what looks like remnants of a wreath on the back, I know the pics arent the greatest, and what i believe is my best silver yet, this super cool silver medal with a book hanging from it, i think its military of some sort buthave no clue. I asked the owner and he said hes never seen it. the round ring looking object has no markings but i believe it is silver also, it rang in similar to the silver medal i found. Also found 4 flat buttons, some big pieces of pottery, a few buckles, the cool bell, and what i think is a vintage ashtray?? ALso the point looking thing has me stumped. Pulled a vintage broach and some wierd thing right below the bell in the picture. I got a back yard left on this property, and across the street at their barn, also secured me another cornfield for after the fall harvest, the owners said they believe there may have been a homesite on the field in the 1800s, fingers crossed!!!, thanks for looking and HH!! IMG01217-20130723-0742.jpg lc.jpg 130723_0003.jpg 130723_0007.jpg closeup.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A really great mix of finds there. :thumbsup: As for the point looking thingy... maybe a decorative suspender/garter clip? Just a guess. ??? Best of luck in the back yard and barn area!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A wonderful hunt! I was going to say some sort of pilot's wings but it looks like you figured it out already.

WTG!
HH!

rbarnwell413

Dec 15, 2009
Knoxville, Tn.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, 6X9 DD Eclispe and D2, Sun Ray DX-1 probe.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't think the "pointy" thing is a garter clip. If I may, I've seen similar small item's just like that before here in East Tennessee. What tip's me off are the small beveled indentation's that just scream tiny diamond/rhinestone mounting's. If it is one of these, it's a collar or lapel tack/pin popular from the War of 1812 into the Cival War. Not seeing the back side here, you should look very closely for any sign of remain's of a pin or spike mounting or base that might leave some sort of "tit" trace.

Looking forward to what you find! Thank's for reading.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the "pointy" thing is a garter clip. If I may, I've seen similar small item's just like that before here in East Tennessee. What tip's me off are the small beveled indentation's that just scream tiny diamond/rhinestone mounting's. If it is one of these, it's a collar or lapel tack/pin popular from the War of 1812 into the Cival War. Not seeing the back side here, you should look very closely for any sign of remain's of a pin or spike mounting or base that might leave some sort of "tit" trace.

Looking forward to what you find! Thank's for reading.

130723_0008.jpg heres the back, the picture sucks but i think i see what looks like possible mounting clip remnants, thanks for your input

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A wonderful hunt! I was going to say some sort of pilot's wings but it looks like you figured it out already.

WTG!
HH!

pretty close to mine, thats awesome to think it was on a wwII veteran, to bad it wasnt the homeowners

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the propeller locket thing is a sweetheart pin. probably WW2, possibly Korean war. the girl would wear it to show that her sweetie was off serving his country. they could be from any of the service branches. yours is Army Air Corps

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of good finds there congrats ! Love the ash tray , still looking for my first, is it silver perhaps?

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you get a better pic or better yet scan the "LC" hard to see the detail. Hope that's what it is, I just found my first a few weeks back.

dutchtoga

Jun 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2se
Garret ATpro
Garret ATgold
Xp Deus
Nox 800
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you get a better pic or better yet scan the "LC" hard to see the detail. Hope that's what it is, I just found my first a few weeks back.

heres another shot, my camera phone sucks so i put the loupe to it for a little better definition, im in desperate need of a camera! 130724_0002.jpg 130724_0003.jpg marked.jpg
in the third picture, at eleven oclock see the TATE? thats whats left of STATES and the two areas circled in red are the wreath thats on LCs, this one was bent and folded back at some point, and it looks like it was in a Vise of some sort because it has some deep impressions made in it that is consistent with a vice, that makes #11 for me this year, i have an awesome former colonial homesite on a cornfield that I hit early in the season, man i cant wait to get back there after the fall harvest

Last edited:

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the ash tray thing made of? Looks silver too

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the propeller locket thing is a sweetheart pin. probably WW2, possibly Korean war. the girl would wear it to show that her sweetie was off serving his country. they could be from any of the service branches. yours is Army Air Corps

thats pretty cool!, thanks for the input

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the ash tray thing made of? Looks silver too

Im not sure on that, no marks anywhere and i dont have a way to test it, any advice on that?

Bayou Joe

Mar 20, 2013
Milton Florida
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Excalibur II Fisher CZ21, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold,
Garret, Vibra Pro,
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, plus some old Dinosaurs.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got a hot spot, nice finds!!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if the fold line could be plough related , rather than a vice ? fascinating finds man !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread