Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been finding good items pretty consistently lately. Just not what I really like to find. Namely, old coins.

I'm not complaining mind you, for I am aware that I'm hunting sites with very low potential for many old coins. This hunt wasn't a really good one in terms of finding old coins either. :dontknow: But, I had a GREAT time today. Seems the finding angels were smiling on me today. Not for intrinsic value, (save, possibly, one item), but for the pure fun and variety today. Lots of pics today so let's get started.

IMG_20130723_183052.jpg

The over all.

IMG_20130723_183327.jpg IMG_20130723_183348.jpg
Any buckle experts out there? This one was pretty deep and there was a farm field there before.

LOCK1.jpg LOCK2.jpg
Thought it was a ring at first but what it turned out to be was more interesting to me.
IMG_20130723_183554.jpg IMG_20130723_183604.jpg
I believe, it used to be a little lock. 2 holes on top and a keyhole.

WATERMELON1.jpg WATERMELON2.jpg
Earring, silver, I think. Not proven yet.

CLEAT1.jpg

I basically saw this and figured it was a soccer cleat.

CLEAT2.jpg

Until I looked a little closer.

CLEAT3.jpg

And, turned it over. Be still my heart!! LOL

IMG_20130723_183401.jpg
It did make Blingie very happy though! ;)

IMG_20130723_183444.jpg
Ring! :) Fake, but, still! :)

STARRING1.jpg
Have I said, that this just NEVER gets old? :)
STARRING2.jpg
IMG_20130723_183707.jpg
I haven't proven it yet but this one appears to be an old ring. I couldn't find marks but mostly because the inside of the ring has been worn a lot! I believe it's worn away the marks. I strongly suspect silver.

This last piece is really the "star" of the day though.

I got this nickel hit, on the surface, I moved a few chips out of the way and this was peeking out at me.
GEMPEEK1.jpg

My eyes aren't as good as they once were so I didn't trust what they were telling me.
I got down a little closer.

GEMPEEK2.jpg

I saw the glint from the sun but I still said, "Naaah, fake, kid stuff. Neat but, nah."

GEMPEEK3.jpg

Even after getting it completely out, I still won't allow me to think it's real.

IMG_20130723_184013.jpg

ALTHOUGH...once I got it home and gave it a minor bath. I'm not so sure. I can't find any marks. (couldn't be easy now could it?)
It is put together very, very well! It might not show but there are 3 little stones above the large one and even they have a small hole drilled behind each one.

Fingers crossed. :)

Either way, I am VERY pleased with today's hunt. Really relaxed me!

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed the visit.

My ride's here.

IMG_20130723_183302.jpg

HH!

Upvote 14

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heck of a job yet again!, that jewelery looks legit to me, especially the last one pictured. And i totally understand what you mean by relaxing, after a good day detecting i feel like "ahhh, that was what the dr ordered"!

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some neat stuff!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heck of a job yet again!, that jewelery looks legit to me, especially the last one pictured. And i totally understand what you mean by relaxing, after a good day detecting i feel like "ahhh, that was what the dr ordered"!

That's funny. That's exactly what I said when I got home! :)

Thanks!
HH!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah , I think you scored ! The pendant looks really good to my eye - the quality looks high class to me !- that large stone could be a
topaz , or it could be citrine . the tiny stones are likely diamonds - and I'd bet you have 14k at least ! The silver ring is not terribly old
Rather a hippy sort of piece ( maybe 70's /80's) the marks inside really don't wear away , unless you found it under a waterfall or at a beach ,
but it's almost certainly silver . Keep us posted on the pendant !

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah , I think you scored ! The pendant looks really good to my eye - the quality looks high class to me !- that large stone could be a
topaz , or it could be citrine . the tiny stones are likely diamonds - and I'd bet you have 14k at least ! The silver ring is not terribly old
Rather a hippy sort of piece ( maybe 70's /80's) the marks inside really don't wear away , unless you found it under a waterfall or at a beach ,
but it's almost certainly silver . Keep us posted on the pendant !

Not that old? Last time I looked, hippies were around in the 60's and that's half a century ago!!! (WOW!!! IS THAT TRUE ??? :( )

About the pendant, I'd like to agree but I'll wait. I'll post something about it as soon as I know anything. :)

HH!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs there brother! I would be quite happy with that one also =) Check out my todays post later, I gotta get it up still, was at an old spot but still no silver today tho =(

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
topaz , or it could be citrine . the tiny stones are likely diamonds - and I'd bet you have 14k at least !

I haven't taken it to my expert yet but my little diamond tester says the 3 little stones are real.

One thing I can't figure out though. How can a piece, that does appear to be very well crafted, not be marked? Anywhere? No jeweler's mark, no gold karatage? Strange piece this. :icon_scratch:

Oh well. :dontknow:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you raked in the finds. great hunt!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Not that old? Last time I looked, hippies were around in the 60's and that's half a century ago!!! (WOW!!! IS THAT TRUE ??? :( )

About the pendant, I'd like to agree but I'll wait. I'll post something about it as soon as I know anything. :)

HH!

We drive up to Eugene and I point out the geriatric hippies to my wife. Not saying I'm not old, but they seem to still wear their hair the same, and the same style of dress. That's a great find. Could be a zircon. I see jewelry like that advertised in magazines, and they aren't real cheap, but much less than a diamond. What ever it is, it's sure pretty.

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I find ear studs and on the actual pin part is the makers mark and the '.925 10 or 14K'. At my age I need a loupe to see it but it is there! Also some of them have the marks on the small loop that connects the jewelry to a chain, like the last jewelry item posted.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I find ear studs and on the actual pin part is the makers mark and the '.925 10 or 14K'. At my age I need a loupe to see it but it is there! Also some of them have the marks on the small loop that connects the jewelry to a chain, like the last jewelry item posted.

I suspect you might be right on this one too. Unfortunately, the split ring on this doesn't appear to be original. Looks like this pendant has been getting away for a while. Looks like somebody tried to replace it and used a plain, ordinary, magnetic, split ring. The original may have had something but not this.

This one gives me the impression of being dipped somehow. Or, maybe, homemade. My chemical testing seems to indicate 10kt. My expert is on vacation so I won't know for sure anytime soon. But, that's ok, it will NOT be going anywhere. :) I won't be selling this unless it's worth at least a half a mill. LOL

Thanks for your help!
HH!

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lucky you. I would love to find some worthwhile jewelry. (Is it ironic that I just said that?)

8-)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you. I would love to find some worthwhile jewelry. (Is it ironic that I just said that?) 8-)

Thanks!

Ironic? Not unless you've been finding some? :icon_scratch:

HH!

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt. It's always nice when you can be remotivated by a single sucessful hunt. Great job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread