Productive 24 hrs: 1 Silver, 3 Gold, 102 Coins

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Folks!
As a snow storm came up on us last evening, my wife, Pipster and me drove to a meeting
of the Eureka Treasure Hunter's club on the west side of town. We got there much later than
anticipated, but traffic issues caused problems arising from wet roads and snow coming down.

Pipster and Me both bought 20 dollars of raffle tickets hoping to get something good. There were
like 10 prizes that could be won, and Pipster and me had 35 tickets apiece for that one. In addition,
we had tickets for another drawing to win a 1.6 gram gold nugget. When all was done, I'd won a
1909 Barber half. Pipster got skunked. My wife bought one single ticket for the 3rd drawing, and
we couldn't believe when her number was called! She got a brilliant looking 1921 Morgan dollar.
Pipster and I looked at one another, then at the tickets we had plenty of, then at my wife. She
only bought one and scored a Morgan! That just wasn't right!

Anyhow, we were/are supposed to get like 8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, so I wanted
to put in a bit of hunting time. Temperature stayed in the 30s today, and I hit 3 locations in hopes
of having a good hunt before we get buried. In roughly 4 hours I scored:
102 coins (clad),
1 10k gold cross,
1 14k gold earring,
1 14k gold bracelet,
1 Silver ring stamped 925.

The 2nd site I hit had little, and I could see holes that somebody else dug. Somebody had worked
this particular location, real recently, and didn't cover his holes. However, because of his efforts,
very few coins were found. However, that's where I got the 14k bracelet. Looking at the holes, I
am unable to understand how the previous hunter missed it. He had to have walked right over it,
but there it was with dig holes all around the gold! Guess he figured it was aluminum, because
the VDI on it was 4.

My strange find of the day is a silver looking elephant, quite heavy, with a hinge that opens so you
can put something inside. I've never seen anything like this, and hope somebody knows more about
this item.

Also found a mess of kid type jewelry items, and found a bunch of nails at my first site.
Total time hunting today = 4 Hours. Then it started snowing again! That, and it got real cold too!

My take was:
20 Quarters = $5.00
16 Nickels = $0.80
22 Dimes = $2.20
44 Pennies = $0.44
Total = $8.44
Coin Count 102

Thanks for Looking,
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Attachments

• IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 758
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 757
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 757
  • IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_0126.JPG
    IMG_0126.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 733
Upvote 0

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Re: Productive 24 hrs: 1 Silver, 3 Gold, Lots More

That is some sweet gold recoveries!!
I know how you feel. My wife always wins everything when we are out.
I don't even buy tickets anymore.

Suckerpunched

Nov 15, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax

Very nice finds............and yes,,,my wife always won the prize, but she bought too many tickets......wayyyyyy too many......so now I'm single, diggin in the dirt, and lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!
HH TC

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT

nice finds mel
you are a gold magnet for
wish i could find that gold for sure :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!

Evan/tn said:
wish i could find that gold for sure

Howdy Pard!
Tell ya what! Maybe we can trade visits one day. You can show me relic hunting
out there in Tn, and maybe I can bring home a civil war relic or two, and you can
come to Colorado, and you can score some gold. How does that sound?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT

M-Taliesin said:
Evan/tn said:
wish i could find that gold for sure

Howdy Pard!
Tell ya what! Maybe we can trade visits one day. You can show me relic hunting
out there in Tn, and maybe I can bring home a civil war relic or two, and you can
come to Colorado, and you can score some gold. How does that sound?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
sounds good my friend!
i think ill let it warm up a bit there tho :laughing7: :laughing7:

Shadowmanflash

Jul 4, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150 & 250
Hey M, that is some great finds you got there, wish I had the luck. I love the elephant it is neat, would like to know more about that one and why it hinges. The Morgan and Barber half are really nice to, always nice to win something. Great gold, love the cross. Is the initial "M" thing have real diamonds or is it costume jewelry, none the less it looks good, bet you lost your breathe when you first seen it though. All in all it looks like you had a great day.
I've only been doing this about three years now and still haven't found any of the oldies, but I will some day, I'm a patient man. Have found lots of old wheaties and I like them all, and a 1917 Mercury dime and a 1936 Buffalo nickel, so I know it's coming. Got a couple of low value rings, old bickle to. Anyway, congrats on your efforts, keep up the good work, happy hunting, Ken in Oklahoma.

OP
OP
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Shadowmanflash said:
Hey M, that is some great finds you got there, wish I had the luck. I love the elephant it is neat, would like to know more about that one and why it hinges.
<Snip>
Is the initial "M" thing have real diamonds or is it costume jewelry,
<Snip>
I've only been doing this about three years now and still haven't found any of the oldies,

Howdy Pardner!
Well, let's take the top three items from your post that appear to stimulate a response from
my perspective:

1. The elephant thingy has a hinge because it has a hidden compartment inside.
My hunting partner finally gave me the most logical answer to what the compartment is
for by telling me his mom had one, and it contained lip balm. Seems a bit much just for
lip balm, but it is the most logical answer I've heard so far.

2. The "M" thingy is nothing but costume jewelry. An interesting find, but not one that
caused me to get any flush of excitement. I've learned to hold back getting excited until
I've confirmed that a find is valuable first. Been fooled too often. So, I just keep my
emotions in check until I actually have confirmation that my find is worth something. Once
I do that, then katy-bar-the-door... that's when I get excited.

3. I've only been doing this for 2 years now, as of August 1st. Next August 1st will make 3
years for me. To paraphrase Indiana Jones... It ain't the time, it's the mileage! I've put in
plenty of both time and mileage to make my finds. It is not uncommon for me to do a 12
to 14 hour hunt on a given day. My best find was an 1894 Barber dime. Key date, worth
some $385. I have coins that are dated 1826 among my very oldest. But my thrill comes in
finding gold, so I tend to focus on that. And I am delighted to report that I seem to find
lots of gold!

Anyhow, thanks for your response to my post, and glad to meet you there, amigo!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread