Proline 4 inch over/under

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took the new conversion out to Texas yesterday.No big gold but a lot of -200 to -300 Many thanx to Reed Lukins for the instructions.I would have never thought a 4 could catch that small of gold.

401.jpg

Last edited:
Which motor and pump combo are you running. If it is a 5hp and a hp 300, how deep can you pull gravels. Thanks in advance.

Which motor and pump combo are you running. If it is a 5hp and a hp 300, how deep can you pull gravels. Thanks in advance.

Hello Oakview it is the 6.5 with the 400hp pump I only dredge 5-8ft but run it at 1/3 throttle with no problems it will suck the chrome off a trailer ball.The bonus is the R&D wetsuit heater.Thanx to Hoser John and Reed Lukins no clogs and catches gold that you can hardly see.

441.jpg

Last edited:
:hello2: YAHOO glad to hear,that unit setup should run 20' a hose 20' deep BUT can't see compressor in the pics,which is your determining final depth factor-John

Good morning John it is a newer style grey t-80 with pop off turned up.I do not go deep and now that my buddy has his own 4 inch it is just me on the air.To many hoses for 2 people under water 1 suction hose 1 blaster hose 2 air lines and 2 hot water lines to easy to tangle.Now everything down to one and loving life.It has taken me a year and a half to scrape out 3 oz but I have recovered the cost of all my equipment which is better than the yahoos on gold rush.I would have killed to have this dredge on my claims when I lived in Arizona.
Happy Hunting to you John
Jeff

a little Oklahoma gold
gold.JPG

Last edited:
Would someone mind reposting the mods for the o/u conversion?
I know it is on here somewhere but I can't find it. Thanks Wes

Would someone mind reposting the mods for the o/u conversion?
I know it is on here somewhere but I can't find it. Thanks Wes

If you watch the first of this video, it shows his dredge mods.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS that fly poop raised 4 kids through college and even paid my bar bill too!!John

http://wisconsinprospectors.com/proline

I used this as a guide and moddified to suit me.I only used two peices of angle and veranda carpet with 1 inch raised expanded on the lower sluice.I also used 1/8 inch aluminum plate for the top the same size as the riffles.

Thanks for the info. I have the original crash box style sluice off of my 3" proline in the garage rafters. Looks like I have a winter time project.

Don't know anything about doing a crash box style might want to talk to hoser John on here he is the dredge god. Good luck

I have an old 3'' Keene crash box with the Keene o/u conversion that is going to be tested this week end. Wes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back