Proof set errors. ?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
There are numerous errors. You can google "No S Mint Mark" for results on various years where certain denominations were minted and included in the proof set with out the S mint mark. Then you have die varieties such a Type1 and Type2 S mint mark. Commonly called Filled S and Clear S. I have a few silver brown pack Ikes that are known die varieties from peg legs to doubled dies. I just recently sold in one of my collections that I have had listed in the classified section here on TNet a doubled die '66 Kennedy Half in the Special Mint Set packaging.

OP
OP
sliverslave

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
There are numerous errors. You can google "No S Mint Mark" for results on various years where certain denominations were minted and included in the proof set with out the S mint mark. Then you have die varieties such a Type1 and Type2 S mint mark. Commonly called Filled S and Clear S. I have a few silver brown pack Ikes that are known die varieties from peg legs to doubled dies. I just recently sold in one of my collections that I have had listed in the classified section here on TNet a doubled die '66 Kennedy Half in the Special Mint Set packaging.
Bought 5 sets today at pawn shop for 10$ each 1968 69 73 74 75 seen a gouge in the obverse field on 69 penny broke out the loop to reveal doubling on a lot of letters?

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proof coins are all struck twice to bring up the sharp image, any movement between strikes will cause doubling,

OP
OP
sliverslave

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Proof coins are all struck twice to bring up the sharp image, any movement between strikes will cause doubling,
Thank you for your input and help, theirs allot I don't understand about the process of minting a coin.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any movement between strikes will cause machine doubling, not true doubling.

OP
OP
sliverslave

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Any movement between strikes will cause machine doubling, not true doubling.
I'm selfish I want a 69 s d.d especially a proof. I should be glad that I were able to purchase what I got, a couple 40% half's that are proof. [emoji4]

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I sold a Proof Eisenhower DDR for $3,600 earlier in the year. I found a DDO proof '54 nickel a month or two ago.

OP
OP
sliverslave

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
I sold a Proof Eisenhower DDR for $3,600 earlier in the year. I found a DDO proof '54 nickel a month or two ago.
Nice good for you. I will keep searching. I will keep hunting. I will keep metal detecting. I love the hobby. I am a numismatist maybe not the smartest one around but it keeps me out of trouble and Keeps my blood pumping.Thanks to all. Merry Christmas and happy hunting. Glen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread