Prospecting Sierra County Ca

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got back from a trip to Sierra County Ca. I sampled quite a few claims though I lacked the time to actually sample a claim thoroughly. I was able to checkout acsess and sample a little for gold and see what I thought.. I went thru a few different claims some club claims and some not.. The GPAA Claims near Downieville had gold but fly poop was all I found. A member was camping down there and reported 2 men working for about a week and getting a pennyweight.. I only spent about 5hours sampling this claim. I am not a Gpaa member but friend is.. Anyway we also sampled both Comstock Club Properties near Downieville and both showed decent flakes and of course fly poop. Only spent about 2 days prospecting these claims.. I liked them both with the exception of the fact that the highway is right their next to you like some vulture..Anyway seemed better then the GPAA claim. But who can really say after a only one outing to any claim! Anyway last Saturday rained we worked some but was forced to stop by early afternoon as it came down hard.. Got a room in Downieville hit the little Mexican place to eat.. No cable in the room Just VHS and about three movies we checked out from the desk. Well as Fate would have it Pat Keene and some of his crew were in the same motel. Well as Fate would have it I already settled myself on getting drunk and passing out and sleeping the rain away.. Well by 4 or 5 I already spent two hours at the bar doing crosswords drinking wild turkey and coffee. I picked up a small bottle at the general store and was headed back to watch Ace Ventura and pass out.. Well I am smoking on the porch and Pat and some other guys are walking up the road in full wetsuit and headed to the rooms next to mine. Well we talk and for a few.. Truthfully I only remember the meeting.. Somewhere in their I got pretty drunk and I woke up on my bed with my boots on. I willing to bet he probably doesn't think to highly of me.. Oh well. What can I say.. It is what it is.. I'm to old have regrets and the fact is I am still of the belief that there this a line between prospectors who find gold or people who build things to recover gold. (I just hope I didn't stress it to much!!) Seems all the people giving advice on gold will always tell you about some sluice or something that will help you recover it but really how much good does that do you if you can't find payable gold! I guess it depends on your motives for finding gold but I rather find gold and make money then buy stuff..Well overall the trip was a success and though I aint no millionare I managed to pay for half the trip in gold which aint bad for scouting. At least I think so.. The area was awesome and the gold very promising and the history to die for!! So much for a man to see.... well that what I been up to.. pretty much making and ass out of myself and finding gold.. Two things I do well I think... I hope all is having a good day and getting on some good gold.

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice chunky gold. Thanks for sharing! Fun town!

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pat Keene still fits in a wetsuit, what a site that would be enough to get me drunk LOL
next time in Downieville give a jingle
good shine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread