PROSPECTING THIS SITE...

Angelo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2006
Idaho
Received my detector today.

I am posting these pictures of the site that will be combed this weekend. (lucky I met a member "Gabbit" that will be going along with me as I need all the help I can get on how to use the $#%^&*(* Thing.

I will post addditional pics as soon as you guys get tired of these.

Found some items above ground.

The hinges on one, a friend told me, were from a railroad car. Any Ideas??

Attachments

• DSC00467.jpg
    DSC00467.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC00485.jpg
    DSC00485.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC00491.jpg
    DSC00491.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Wow Angelo! Looks like a great site to search, I can only imagine all the goodies you are going to find! If it proves to be too large of a site for you to handle, remember............I am only about 4 hours away! lol Have detector, will travel! Seriously though, post lots of pics & I hope you find the motherlode!!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Angelo,

Looks like you are finding plenty already. Good luck with weekend.

Am I seeing cows still in a pen? If I am, don't detect inside that pen.

HH :)
RR

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you got your MD Angelo.Hope gabbit and yourself have a lot of fun,look's like a pretty good size area to hunt.Best of luck and HH!!Keep us posted....

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Great pics !! -- Looking foward to this weekend -- The surface finds are pretty amazing. I will start stretiching a 6AM cuz we are going to have a busy day!! Being it is so close to the RR tracks I am betting there is plenty of iron to be found, but there has to be silver and copper under that walkway -- can't immagine anyone jumping off of it into a pig/goat pen to fetch a dropped penny. Think pizza hut will deliver there? :D ;D .

L

lohi

very nice finds also great site. Keep us posted and best of luck.HH lohi

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Wow -- went out detected around it a bit today -- talk about a difficult site to hunt. Lots of burried pop cans, sheet metal, iron, copper wire, barbed wire (in other words a TON of junk) -- I am sure the silver and wheats have to be there somewhere, but getting to them is pretty difficult to say the least. Much of the area is covered by concrete. The site has potential just have to be willing to take it really slow. Found a few modern pennies and a couple dimes, but that was about it for me. Angelo seems to be picking metal detecting up pretty quick -- before long I might be sorry he picked up a detector. Thanks again for the invite -- might have to hit some Idaho ghost towns and out of the way places soon. ;D

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
awesome finds..... the round pac-man looking thing next to the insulators is part of an old wight from a set of scales. good luck on this spot... i bet there are a log of goodies there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread