Prospector Shot on his own land - trying to mow!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Floristweb, I know about the police not doing anything I too have had neighbor problems that turned violent. Called the cops told them my side they went to the neighbors turned it into a he said she said thing. I'm disabled can't run away the cops pretty much sided with the others told me to get a lawyer LOL! Be a firm believer in karma! So far one neighbor lost their job looks like they will lose their house the other is having IRS problems, business owner. And you might try the police chief or commissioner if you have one. All else fails CARRY!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim : "Your best bet to resolve this is with the state police or even the ATF. Nothing good will happen if a bunch of guys show up with guns strapped to their hips. If this guy ends up being shot by anyone who posted here (or one of their friends), it will be considered a premeditated act and they will go to jail. Enough of the macho John Wayne talk. Get someone in law enforcement to end this situation now."

"If someone or a bunch of guys show up with guns strapped to their hips...nothing good will happen".... NOTHING good is what anyone would/should expect (if that happened)!!!!! The bad has already happened to an innocent old man. I except nobody here on T-net is going to jail if something happens to the perp or one of his "friends". If something does happen your damned right it was PREMEDITATED.... that's the whole point. As far as "going to jail"..... give us/all a break.... this guy did what he wanted with his record (for whatever reason) and/if local L.E. doesn't care and if higher up's don't care then so be it.

And yes this is all being monitored by L.E. let alone higher up's. Common sense.

I understand your statement and totally agree.... But sometimes you just have to stand up and not expect others legally to "protect" you. Go LOWER! They used to hang horse thieves (lower).... now-a-days car jackers want a trial no matter who was in the car when they jacked it.... Go figure?

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Floristweb,,,

Whats the update on the issue down there?
I was honestly expecting to hear or read something somewhere that the perp was arrested or whatever.
Hope all is well there

Hit

Still in limbo here.... Doesn't look like the sheriff's office is going to do anything. Shame on them. The corruption is very troubling. The shooter has a mailbox directly in front of my place. He doesn't live down the drive accross the way. I will get with the postal service to make him move it. It is not cool to have that low life, dangerous, thug park right in front of my front porch... NOT COOL AT ALL. Haven't heard back from the Oathkeepers; I think they're having a hard time getting anyone in this area. I'll wait until the weekend then give them another call.

The THUG doesn't seem to be having as much traffic, maybe he's moved his operation to another location. But he keeps coming in and out. Sure wish I could go prospecting.... Ugh... That sorry piece of human trash should be behind bars... Shame on OCSD for not doing its job.

Haven't picked up the cameras or gates... Hubby isn't sure we should. He's thinking maybe we should do what the Investigator said and go away. It is very hard for me to let them do that to us. So we're definately in LIMBO. Shame on the Sheriff's office! Hopefully I can get him to change his mind. How dare anyone run a man off his own property.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the news media can be a "PITA" at times, but maybe it is time to shine the bright like of a local news station on this situation!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't picked up the cameras or gates... Hubby isn't sure we should. He's thinking maybe we should do what the Investigator said and go away. It is very hard for me to let them do that to us. So we're definately in LIMBO. Shame on the Sheriff's office! Hopefully I can get him to change his mind. How dare anyone run a man off his own property.

"Shame on the Sheriff's office! Hopefully I can get him to change his mind." Why the hell should you...???? Where does common sense start and stop? Lawyer, you... someone step up and 24/7 fire off the facts/letters to higher up's. Document EVERYTHING to the minute/second.

Ok... I'm done (still pissed over my late daughters / grandsons situation).

You'll get your "justice" but not on your time as I said earlier. :laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know the news media can be a "PITA" at times, but maybe it is time to shine the bright like of a local news station on this situation!

Absolutely.... Call/contact a GOOD investigative reporter and involve them to investigate.

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Shame on the Sheriff's office! Hopefully I can get him to change his mind." Why the hell should you...???? Where does common sense start and stop? Lawyer, you... someone step up and 24/7 fire off the facts/letters to higher up's. Document EVERYTHING to the minute/second.

Ok... I'm done (still pissed over my late daughters / grandsons situation).

You'll get your "justice" but not on your time as I said earlier. :laughing7:

Don't get bent out of shape my friend. We are all better people than these criminals (Thug Shooter, and his friends in the sheriff's office) We can't stoop to the level of those trashy people. I would never hurt anyone or allow anyone else to, unless it was in self defense. I'll see what the attorney suggests. I think we should file suite against the Thug's brother.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear beer can mortors have a 1000 yard range.What you do on your property,unless youre breaking the law,is your business.Fire works can be fun:laughing7:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Tim:thumbsup:
I don't think too many shootings go "completely uninvestigated and unsolved". I'm sure a lot of minor disputes with neighbors are ignored or swept under the rug, but not when one neighbor is shooting at another!

And there's no need for that "smoking crack" comment. If you can't reply in an adult manner, don't bother replying at all. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs, so I find that comment highly offensive.

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear beer can mortors have a 1000 yard range.What you do on your property,unless youre breaking the law,is your business.Fire works can be fun:laughing7:

You're hillarious... :laughing7: Love the quote in your signature too....“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.”

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Absolutely.... Call/contact a GOOD investigative reporter and involve them to investigate.

Actually, contact a bunch of them. I have email addys for WYFF 4's reporters, FOX21's reporters.

Sending in a PM. Might share with anyone who knows what actually is going on.

Don't want to send emails? Go here to "7 On Your Side Submit A Tip To Our Investigators" form: Submit a Tip To Our Investigators --- online form. Fill it out and submit it

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
These should wake him up.

Thats who we use (phantom)every 4th up in NH.theyre 2 1/2 ,3" mortors are reloadable,drop it in the tube,light it.they pack a good punch.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ONLY way I see this even beginning to "end" is to fully EMBARRASS every single person that did NOT respond to the situation as they should have.
Public media,,news,,twitter,,Fakebook,,EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE that would NAME those individuals in power who did not respond as it should have been done in the first place.
If it was me that this was happening to,,(shot while mowing yard) There would have been IMMEDIATE action from me. It would be over.
Also remember,,, ELECTION TIME is always somewhere ya know. If these so called "public servants" want to keep their cozy ole job,, then they WILL do what is needed to save it.`

Just a few more thoughts from ole Hit

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah but mortors are easier to aim and you can hide the evidence after LOL!

:laughing9: ....Who has to aim with a double load of grape.As Napoleon said "Give Them a Whiff Of Grape" Trust me ,he wasnt talking about wine:sign10:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I am still trying to get things settled here in Tennessee, so that I can go over to SC to help out Terri, Steve and Tabitha. As you all know, my' 2009 Ford F-150 XL Supercab 4x4 suffered transmission problems and they tried a part used in a previous recall but it did not work, then they put in a complete Valve Body Assembly only to find that it was bad and when they ordered another replacement, it did not come in and they were told they were on back order. Well, the truck belongs to them now as I was tired of waiting for it to get fixed and was worried that much more than a Valve Body Assembly would be required to fix the problem, so I cut my losses and traded. Now, they can take as long as they need to fix my' old truck and they will be responsible for most of the costs of those repairs. They did me right and I drove out of the Dealership in a 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab 4x4. I even got a 3 year 36,000 mile Warranty and still have a portion of the 6 year 60,000 Powertrain Warranty. I have had to hang around here to sign more paperwork at my Credit Union to get Life Insurance on the Loan and the Ford Dealership has to fix the Sync/Radio display and check out some other things on my' newer truck. I basically traded for it right after it come off the car/truck hauler from Florida where it spent most of it's life and they did not have time to check the truck out before-hand. I will coordinate with Steve and Terri on a possible trip there.

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread