Prospector Shot on his own land - trying to mow!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ONLY way I see this even beginning to "end" is to fully EMBARRASS every single person that did NOT respond to the situation as they should have.
Public media,,news,,twitter,,Fakebook,,EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE that would NAME those individuals in power who did not respond as it should have been done in the first place.
I've mentioned this on more than one occasion in this thread and posted links to the sheriff's page, but it falls on deaf ears for some reason. I don't really like facebook but in this case I think it's appropriate to call a spade a spade. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck and the law in that town is waddling and quacking all over the darn place. It's disgusting really.

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve went kind of crazy tonight... I'm missing more hair, and a bit sore in the right kidney area. Haven't seen him violent in a while, I suspect that the goings on recently set him off again.... Doesn't matter though, I made a decision a while back that I would not take any more physical abuse. He's in jail... but the shooter is still free - go figure. I will never again defend him in what he does to me or my children.... But, A sorry scum bag that shoots a man on a mower is about as low as you can go.... Steve deserves to be arrested for his assaults, but that Slime Ball, Thug, deserves to rot in jail!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Steve went kind of crazy tonight... I'm missing more hair, and a bit sore in the right kidney area. Haven't seen him violent in a while, I suspect that the goings on recently set him off again.... Doesn't matter though, I made a decision a while back that I would not take any more physical abuse. He's in jail... but the shooter is still free - go figure. I will never again defend him in what he does to me or my children.... But, A sorry scum bag that shoots a man on a mower is about as low as you can go.... Steve deserves to be arrested for his assaults, but that Slime Ball, Thug, deserves to rot in jail!

Just a real :sad1: state of affairs to be pushed to this point and how this has all turned out for you. To make the call is one of the bravest things that you could of done as it's just simply bad in what has happened. It's sort of amazing how I can feel this numb in reading your post, I don't know anything about your lives and what has happened except for the thread sharing that you have given the membership. I'm sorry if this is too strong but the man is needing help, to lay a hand on a partner no matter what the reason is just wrong, he has fallen done the ladder of respect.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I had just got home from my appointment at the Ford Dealership when I signed on and read this latest information from Terri. In fact, I was going to head out tonight to SC to help them out with the situation with the Meth Head until I talked with Terri. I had no idea that Steve would do such a thing and I surely hope that he gets some counseling or whatever is needed for him to stop this and make him realize that it is never okay to hit a woman. My Dad was an alcoholic and hit my Mom up until they divorced around 1965 and even though my Mom relentlessly nagged at my Dad when he was drunk, there was no excuse for him to hit her.

Frank

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
floristweb,

I hope you and your children are safe.Your dispute with local l.e.is now in jeapordy of ever being addressed,sad but true.It sounds,from your own words that his past abuse of you AND your children will no longer be tolerated.good.I must say that now only care for you and your kids,steve is out of the loop for me.Where I come from it would be time for him to move on for his own best interest and seek help..ELSEWHERE.thats just me and I do not claim to know much.

At this point...consider finding a safer place for you and daughter...the worst threat is from within.cant help it..steve is in same class as the guy who shot him..no quarter from me.If you bring this to a public forum you may reasonably expect some opinions expressed,only natural.If you need help getting out of there...pm me.

god bless and I shall pray for your safety and successful treatment for steve.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
floristweb
Haven't seen him violent in a while, I suspect that the goings on recently set him off again....

first, wishing you all the best and hoping you will get some counseling, dont worry
about your husband worry about you and your child, your safety is 1st, ive known
several women in abusive relationships, it dosent matter oh its only happened 2x,
thats 2 to many, and sorry to say ive never seen a turn around in the abusers behavior.

just wondering, has your husband hit/beat you since living where you are now/lawn
mower indecent
asking because,maybe that was why the shooter shot,he thinks your husband is a Ahole
for abusing you, and the LE are prob aware of your husbands abuse too. that puts some
new lite on this weird situation your in, not saying that is why LE has not acted on the
shooter. but think about it like this shooter shoots, LE does nothing, shooter and LE
thinking hey what goes around comes around.
not saying thats what has happened, just pointing out that possibility.

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh , I am so sorry to hear this , on top of the other very real difficulties you all have been dealing with . I'm definitely sending prayer
your way ! Keep yourself safe , so that you can keep your kids safe ! God Bless You !!!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
first, wishing you all the best and hoping you will get some counseling, don't worry
about your husband worry about you and your child, your safety is 1st, i've known
several women in abusive relationships, it doesn't matter oh its only happened 2x,
that's 2 to many, and sorry to say i've never seen a turn around in the abusers behavior.

just wondering, has your husband hit/beat you since living where you are now/lawn
mower incident
asking because,maybe that was why the shooter shot,he thinks your husband is a Ahole
for abusing you, and the LE are prob aware of your husbands abuse too. that puts some
new lite on this weird situation your in, not saying that is why LE has not acted on the
shooter. but think about it like this shooter shoots, LE does nothing, shooter and LE
thinking hey what goes around comes around.

not saying that's what has happened, just pointing out that possibility.

While I must admit that I don't know Steve as well as I thought I did, I do know that this current situation has nothing to do with the other! The Meth Head and his brother who both live at the end of two forks in this private road as well as a cousin lives across from Terri, Steve and Tabitha all feel that the private road still belongs to their family. Well, their family lost the property which includes most of the private road and which Terri, Steve and Tabitha now own. This is where the dispute with the Meth Head and his family lies and it has nothing to do with the current situation. The Meth Head, his brother and their cousin only have Right-Of-Way use of the private road to access the property they own or squat on. Also, I don't believe that the current situation has anything to do with the LE's lack of action on the Meth Head shooting Steve! While spousal abuse and abuse of others in the home is a bad situation which should never happen or be tolerated, the attempted murder of Steve bey the Meth Head trumps the previous and should have been dealt with swiftly!

Frank

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
ya Frank i was just putting it out there as a possibility, as it is just so
crazy the LE has done nothing, but take a report, which is weird also
just seems like a cut and dry investigation, or not as im not LE and
cant say i understand it all with LE
ya know posted sept. 06, now the 25th sept. and nothing for justice
for these folks

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I wont say a thing :icon_silent: :laughing7:

Over 20 years ago while I was still in JR College, I used my Veteran status to land an entry level position at the desk of the County of Los Angeles USC emergency Room.
This is the General Hospital of inner city Los Angeles and its working class suburbs.

Anybody who has insurance or a choice goes to Cedars Sinai or UCLA Medical Center in Torrance.

On a slow night only 5 or 6 dead young people would be delivered to the morgue for final disposition.

Sometimes they were already ID’d and I would have to log them in as they arrived.
Most all were gun shot or stab victims.
Many were mutilated and tattooed from head to foot.

On Friday and Saturday it was more like 10 or 12.
I remember one Saturday there were 16 people that had died violently or been killed the night before.

From a procedural perspective it was just another night.

A regular police officer would come every morning. Sometimes two.

Two Police officers for however many working class people had died or had been killed.

They would say thing like “oh yeah, Paco’s dead, and he was stabbed”
Or they would order finger prints and say things like “yeah these over here were all shot”

My point is there was not a whole lot of energy going towards justice being served.

Nor did any of all this activity make the news.
Nor did anyone ever hear about any of these people ever again. Any of them.

Most all had been murdered and no real investigation ever took place. I mean none at ALL.

The next day the Lakers still played, and the Surfers still surfed.

That’s right, a half dozen people would be shot or stabbed to death in Los Angeles every single night, and it didn’t even make the news.

Every few months the gurneys produced a blonde haired, blue eyed, white victim without the tell tale gang tattoos.
On those days an extra Police officer would show up at 5 AM.

One for the caucasian victim and one for all the others.

Today I live on a beatifull Avocado ranch in San Diego County, drive a Mercedes and occasionally metal detect the "Mexican badlands" where every single violent episode appears on the first few pages of all the Tijuana and San Diego Newspapers.

Last edited:

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd call the sheriff again & complain more. Andy & Barney should be on this!

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd call the sheriff again & complain more. Andy & Barney should be on this!

Andy and Barney work in Mayberry......

You think Andy is gonna drive his Lilly white bottom out to an outback North Carolina homestead to initiate at least 15 pages of paperwork including a 2 page hand written officers synopsis pertaining to an ag assault, attempted homicide type circumstance that allegedly occurred a week ago that he knows nothing or cares little about?

Last edited:

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That would be the job of local law enforcement, is it so much to ask for the public to expect them to do their job? I think there's more to the story than the one side we have heard.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve went kind of crazy tonight... I'm missing more hair, and a bit sore in the right kidney area. Haven't seen him violent in a while, I suspect that the goings on recently set him off again.... Doesn't matter though, I made a decision a while back that I would not take any more physical abuse.

I am very, very sorry to hear that. Been married 34 years and although we've had heated discussions and hurtful words I have never struck my wife. Would not dream of it. That is never, ever, under any circumstances, acceptable.

Mostly because I know I'd either wake up with a pair of scissors in my eye socket, a hatchet in my forehead or just not at all. Everyone's got to sleep sometime. We have a neighbor whose daughter was abused and one night she'd had enough and took a hammer out of the garage and rearranged a good portion of her hubby's head. He lives - kind of - and she just was released from prison. Don't let that happen; but don't just consider it normal, your fault, or in any way acceptable.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Floristweb, I've been sitting on the side lines following the thread. I know the neighbor thing is messed up I've been there. But the main thing now is you and your families safety. Domestic abuse can't be tolerated no excuse. Just remember where ever your journey takes you no matter how dark your nights get. The sun WILL still rise on a new day! Make the most of it and don't look back.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Ma'am.... The cops gave you a pamphlet with some phone numbers for domestic abuse.

Please call and follow up. Your, and your kids, safety is priority 1.

This has clearly happened before and is cyclic. Please take all appropriate steps to ensure your safety. Then seek family healing.

Having said that-

With less than 50 percent of the story, (that's less than half the factual information) there have been some startling definitive conclusions drawn towards guilt and innocence.

I just find that interesting.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread