proud grandpa

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay boys and girls, last game of the season for Wyoming Seminary vs Crestwood. Close game until the sixth inning. Akira played right field, not much action out there but she did cut down a runner trying to get to third base from first.
Great play! In the bottom of the sixth Akira came in to pitch with the score 3-1 Seminary winning. Crestwood scored one un-earned run on a error, wild throw and a bunt making the score 3-2.
In the top of the seventh Akira was lead-off batter and was hit in the back with the first pitch. This started a rally and Akira scored to make it 4-2. Three more ruins scored making it 7-2 for Seminary.
Akira then pitched shutout ball in the bottom of the seventh for the save. When Akira receives her MVP plaque I will try to post a photo. Proud grandpa.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi boys and girls, Akira's younger brother Luke is fast becoming a great pitcher in his own right. Normally Luke is a shortstop but his pitching has come around and it is possible that in the future Akira and Luke could both be starting pitchers for Wyoming Seminary. What a sight that would be! If Akira started and got in trouble, Luke could come in and get the save, or If Luke started and got in trouble, Akira could come in and get the save. Dreams of what could be.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi boys and girls, the latest from Akira's mom. Akira pitched in vineland new jersey(tournament ball) this weekend and pitched a 6 2/3 innings shutout game. Reached her pitching limit and the last out came from a relief pitcher.
I sincerely hope some of you folks in vineland, if any are on this site, got to see her perform. Proud Grandpa.....Joe McDonough P.S. The home plate umpire told Akira,

"I will watch for you in Major League Baseball in 10 years" Holy Catfish!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi boys and girls here we go! Akira pitched in Staten Island New York today, threw 34 pitches and won 12-0 in three innings.....Joe Mcdonough

that is three shutout in a row. Akira's last three games as starting pitcher 3 shutouts 2 one hit games allowing only one single in each of the one hit games.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody, Akira is scheduled to pitch in the Diamond Nation tournament today. As soon as I get the results I will let you know how she pitched.....Joe McDonough

Okay it took a while to get the results from Akira's mom, Akira pitched against Tri-State Arsenal, they are ranked as the third best team in the United States. Akira pitched well but suffered her first loss since moving up to teener ball 7-1. This was a great experience for Akira and will only make her better.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Boys and girls, the all-star tournament starts on Saturday. I should be able to see at least one or more games, I'll Let you good folks know the results.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go boys and girls, first all-star game for Akira and Luke this season. Forty Fort vs Swoyersville.
Akira was the starting pitcher and Luke played third base. In the first inning Akira struck out the first batter, struck out the second batter but the catcher could not handle a third strike fast ball and the batter got to first. the runner advanced on another passed ball by the catcher who could not handle Akira's fast ball in the first inning. Akira gave up a single and the runner scored an un-earned run. Akira then struck out the final out. Kingston/Forty fort scored 9 runs in the first with both Akira and Luke being hit by pitches and scoring runs. Akira then struck out the side 3 up 3 down in the second inning They batted around in the first inning, batted around in the second inning and batted around in the third inning. By the then score was 15-1 and Akira left the game with only 35 pitches.
Both Akira and Luke scored multiple runs and drove in multiple runs.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go boys and girls, last night was the second all-star game Kingston/forty fort vs Wyoming/west Wyoming. Akira pitched another shut out 10-0. Luke her brother played great at third base and Akira hit a two run home run to aid the cause,
.....Joe McDonough

The toughest test comes friday against the #1 seed Back Mountain. They are loaded with talent and are a big team.
I will post the results good or bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay boys and girls, here we go.
Kingston/forty fort vs Back Mountain. Back Mountain 3-0 in all star play and Kingston forty fort 2-0 in all star play.
Because Akira pitched a complete game shut-out on Wednesday she could not pitch tonight(three days rest from pitching)
I am sure she will pitch sunday against Exeter.
Luke played third base and Akira started at second base before moving to short stop late in the game.
Luke scored the first run of the game after walking and stealing second ahead of the only home run of the game 2-0 Kingston Forty fort after 2 innings.
Back mountain scored one run in the fourth inning now 2-1 KFF and that's how it ended a huge win for KFF and move on to the next leg of the series.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi boys and girls,have not got the details yet but the score was 10 -0 KFF is 4-0 in all- star compitition, on to the semi-finals, will post more later.....Joe McDonoungh

OKay here are the details as I have received them from both daughters, boring game. Akira went 2/3 at the plate came in as the closer(15) pitches and Luke made two great plays at third base.
On to the semi-finals.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go Boys and Girls, semi-final game today at 5:30 Kingston/forety fort vs Back Mountain team #2. I will lewt you know how it went.....Joe McDonough

Okay kids here we go KFF 8 Back Mountain 0. Luke played a great third base and scored a run, Akira came in to close at the top of the 6th and only threw 12 pitches, game over.
Back Mountain got Akira mad by walking the batter in front of her intentionally so she drove a deep fly ball to right field scoring another run. Made the coaches pay for their mistake.
Next game is the championship game against Pittston Area.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all for those of you who are interested, there is great coverage of last nights game at both Wilkes Barre newspapers the Citizens Voice and the Times Leader. Photos included.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody tonight's championship game will be broadcast on channel WQMY starting at 5:30. WQMY comes out of Williamsport, the Home of the Little League world series. Hope some of you fine folks get to watch.....Joe McDonough

Here we go kids, the new 2017 District 31 little league champions are the Kingston Forty Fort all stars. Score was 8-4 Akira was brought in at the top of the fifth when Jake Griffin got in to trouble,
Akira inherited a two on one out situation. First batter hit a home run and Akira shakes it off. Then she got the next two batters out to end the inning. In the top of the sixth Akira goes three up and three down to win the district title, she actually made the last out of the game with a hard bouncer right back at her, throw to first and the game is over. her brother Luke had a great game also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Boys and Girls regional championship starts tomorrow. District 31 champ Kingston/Forty fort will face the Champion from district 32. I will give the results as soon as possible. This Is Big Stuff boys and girls!.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Don, I wish you guys could see her pitch and play second. I believe you would be amazed.....Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Akira should start tomorrow, tremendous pressure as this is the start to go to the little league world series. Every kids dream! Her pitch count will be limited as they need her to pitch Sunday for the championship. Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Don visualize this, Kingston Forty Fort at bat in the top of the first, one run in one on Akira facing the top pitcher for Green Ridge. First pitch! It's a deep line drive into the woods for a two run homerun for Akira Kopec.
That ones for you Don.
Fantastic win for KFF defeating the district 32 Champions Green Ridge 11-5. Akira's brother played a great game at third, hitting, scoring and making great plays at third base.
Akira pitched 41/3 innings striking out the first batter in the top of the fifth. With a pitch count of 70 Akira left the mound winning 7-3. KFF scored two more runs in the fifth and two more in the sixth 11-3.
Final score KFF 11 Green Ridge 5. KFF will play tuesday against North Pocono for the Championship for region 5......Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photos and writep-yup in the citizens voice and the times leader.

Today KFF beat north pocono 6-2. That means KFF will have two chances to win the region 5 championship on tuesday.

Akira will pitch for the championship.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions