May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 13-year-old nephew came over the other day and I was showing him some of my thrift store finds. He seemed really interested but I wasn't sure he was listening. You know how kids can be. My sister called to say that they were on vacation in Virginia and he wanted her to stop at the Goodwill store and he went through all the cutlery. He pulled out two sterling silver forks from the Wallace Shenandoah pattern and told my sister about our conversation and that they were marked Sterling so he should buy them. They were $0.10 each. I'm super proud of his first big score. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466388167.810087.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have ask him if he'd trade your 4 silver plate forks that looked just as fancy for his his 2. Get him prepared for the next lesson of wheeling and dealing.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing that one. Sure wish there were more such stories!! ...Hopefully he'll keep it up throughout the years.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wonderful story. Kids today will fool you. I used to teach college to the I-Phone brigade. Took notes and played with the phones at the same time. All passed with A's and B's?????

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
When I went to school, we couldn't even use a calculator for Trig or Calculus. Most kids nowdays have NO IDEA what it's like to really use your brain! ...By the way, ALL food comes from grocery stores and restaurants. Isn't that just wonderful?!?!? :tongue3:

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and nice to see young folks take interest. But you've now created competition for yourself! Still so worth it though. Great job Uncle Jimdon!

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you welcome him to a life long addiction? 😃 You should be happy he even knows what silver is, let alone be able to find some.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you welcome him to a life long addiction? [emoji2] You should be happy he even knows what silver is, let alone be able to find some.

Yup he is hooked. My 89 year old Mom too. She drives over to goodwill every Tuesday for senior discount day.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job JD!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread