Technically found today [Viewer discretion suggested]

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had this awesome jug for a while I got at a flea market, and along with that, I unknowingly also got a MUMMIFIED MOUSE. Turns out two actually! I just pulled the second out today, and gosh is he creepy. Certainly a "One of a kind" oddity. (Believe it or not I sold the first one for $5!!! So next time you go anywhere, look in this old jugs and bottles, and watch the basement floors for any mice that just curled up and died. People pay for them!)

Currently have dealt with 3 mummified mice, hopefully going on 4. LOL:laughing7:

IMG_2612[1].JPG IMG_2613[1].JPG IMG_2613[1].JPG IMG_2615[1].JPG

(Notice the "eternal scream" , pretty freaky stuff. Poor guy though.)

pepperdawg

Dec 25, 2014
North-Central CT
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO; Garrett-Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't seem to make myself hit the "like" button. But a cool find....I guess :icon_scratch:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
So I've thrown away more than $100 so far? Probably another $300 to go! :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread moved, "Today's Finds" forum is for today's finds.

Happy Jane

Jul 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you serious? People buy them for what, do you know? I'm kinda stunned....

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
There used to be a show on TV (once upon a time) that was about a sort of antique/what-not shop. It had mice like these, cats, mummies, pickled innerds, pretty much the most bizarre, horrible stuff you can imagine being in a shop. But the worst part of all was, THEY HAD LOTS OF CUSTOMERS!! It's one thing to collect "stuff"; coins, stamps, tools, teapots, glassware, dolls. But to collect human skulls? Shrunken heads? Scalps? Dead varmints? I mean, really - and people get onto MDers and prospectors like we're doing something wrong. HA!, I say. HA!! :tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread