Pround New Owner Of A Gold Bug Pro

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Gold Bug Pro arrive sooner than I thought. Chris Gholson at Arizona Outback had thought he would not receive shipment until the end of the month. I have joined Desert Gold Diggers and have all their claim maps. Went to my first meeting and was surprised at the amount of people in attendance. If I were to take a guest I would say maybe 150 to 200 members or guest. I am really excited about getting out and learning. I have had a few conversions with Ray Mills on the phone as he hooked me up with Chris. Ray is an authority on the GBP and I am sure I will be calling Ray with some questions. I have also met another forum member (Gray Ghost) in these forums and he lives in Tucson as well, we plan to hookup and search for gold. We both have the same equipment so hopefully I can pick up some pointers from GG as he had owed a Fisher F75.

I am surprised at how lite the GBP is. Another neat item is the MD has one single 9v battery to power the MD. We have been having some very nasty weather of late. Yesterday it began snowing around noon and was still snowing late last night. We see snow about once every 4 or 5 years. Desert Gold Diggers has an outing schedule for the Arivaca area area March 10th of which is my birthday so I will plan on going. 8-)

gbpg.jpg

Upvote 0

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those bobcats are very cool. I have managed to call in and kill one. I will never get rid of the fur. Soft, spotted. Ear tufts. Awesome. I hear they fetch a pretty penny. Around $300. How cool would it be to have one for a pet?

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They can go for $200-$400 depending on the market. Certain colors and bigger ones go for more, the more spots the better.

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool bobcat stuff ... this thread says GOLD BUG PRO ... I just payed for half of one with my deposit , now the wait , another 3-5 weeks .. paid $598 OTD..... but i better ask if they come with headphones .

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mine didnt come with headphones i got a good deal on ebay though.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those bobcats are very cool. I have managed to call in and kill one. I will never get rid of the fur. Soft, spotted. Ear tufts. Awesome. I hear they fetch a pretty penny. Around $300. How cool would it be to have one for a pet?

I know one who does they have mean hissy fits aha

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They can go for $200-$400 depending on the market. Certain colors and
bigger ones go for more, the more spots the better.

The buyers I dealt with wanted the wide, white bellies with very soft spotting. Never
knew a furrier that worked much with the backs, but they did make some stoles and
other items from them.

Every year I would bring my furs right into Feingold Furriers in Beverly Hills, and
while they drove a hard bargain, I still got better money than they were getting
in Hudson Bay.

BTW, you DO NOT want a Bobcat as a pet. Ever. They do fine til' they're about
6 months, and then mature into what they are...a mid-sized predator with
chainsaws for claws. PLUS, they're a wild critter, and that's where they belong..
...in the wilds! (I am no fan of keeping any wild critter as a "pet". Let them
go be what they were meant to be, so they can enjoy their lives and not spend
it being a servant to someones misplaced desires for a "pet".) JMHO.

Last edited:

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know he is, but a guy can day dream.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just consider what a young/baby domestic kitty cat does to you when you play rough with it. Now increase the severity of that by a factor of 100 and even then it may be way higher as a Bob Cat sure as the dickens kill a human being. Leave them out where they belong................63bkpkr

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't know why he didn't just don some leather gloves and then
simply pick the little guy up and put him over the wall. That, or just
toss a blanket/towel over him and then pick him up and relocate elsewhere.

Could he scratch ya? Possibly, but at his size I doubt he could do much damage.

Now, that's what I would have done, but likely that was a very cool experience for
some city people. The fact that the cat never got human scent on it (which
mom would not appreciate) is a bonus.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back in the 70s there was this guy in Pine Valley( rural San Diego County) who came across a bob cat kitten while out deer hunting. With the mother no where to be found he took it back to his home and the family successfully domesticated the cat to adult hood. In the evenings they would take it for walks through the neighborhood(it didn't mind being on a leash) I saw this when I was a kid. As a matter of fact, they would often let the cat just roam around the property knowing it wouldn't run off. One day, the cat was sitting on the front porch when this deputy sheriff (who was new to the area) was driving by and spotted it. Thinking it was a danger to the neighborhood , he shot it without asking any questions. The act pissed off the entire community so much, the guy was transferred or"run" out of town

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know why he didn't just don some leather gloves and then
simply pick the little guy up and put him over the wall. That, or just
toss a blanket/towel over him and then pick him up and relocate elsewhere.

Could he scratch ya? Possibly, but at his size I doubt he could do much damage.

Now, that's what I would have done, but likely that was a very cool experience for
some city people. The fact that the cat never got human scent on it (which
mom would not appreciate) is a bonus.

First, it was a 12-foot drop into the old water tank with no way to climb out, and second, I guess I'm just not as brave as you are because I've seen the damage a dehydrated and scared "little kittie" can do to a guy who thought he could just pick one up. I'm not really a "city person" being raised in the Arizona desert, but then again, I guess I have been living in New York since I got out of the Army in 1976. Darn, guess I am a city person! :tongue3:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry, I didn't realize the wall was 12', as I was thinking it was 4-5', max. That
changes things a bit, as the cat is now actually larger than I thought. With a
wall that high, you likely did the best, and certainly the safest way to get that
critter out of there. I was thinking...you know...a "kitten", as in a month or 2
old, but that cat is much older than that.

If that cat had been younger, it might have simply been a "playpen" mom was
using while she was out hunting on her own. Also, brave's got nothing to do with it,
as I very much do respect them (and their artillery!), I just don't fear them. No offense
intended!

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Days! Nice MD set up. Good luck in all you do, have fun my friend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

Terry very nicely done. I bet that little Bob appreciates what the three of you done for him or her. Too bad crap like this occurs in our deserts. Had the three of you not stumble along this trap little Bob would have been a skeleton. Kudos to the three off you… :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry, I didn't realize the wall was 12', as I was thinking it was 4-5', max.

Dizzy I have to agree with you. When you watch the video and you take in account of the rocks in the corner at the beginning of the video and you do the math I calculate the wall to be 6 feet high. If you look you can see the mortar joints and it appears the blocks used are 4 inch thick blocks. With mortar being soft the mortar has leached over the years and stains have appeared in the mortar. I would not climb down into an enclosed walled area and try to grap a wildcat that is scared, hungry and dehydrated. Rather cool what Terry and his friends were able to pull off though and Bob was smart enough to use the tree branch to escape.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No doubt Terry took the best option for getting that kid out of there, and only reason
I might have ventured into there would be to herd the little guy towards the branch Terry
put in there.

Watched the video once more today, and can see where that wall is higher than
suspected, so it wouldn't have simply been a matter of getting in there, but getting out
without a ladder would be difficult.

Kudo's to you Terry...job well done!

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sound they make when they growl is kinda creepy

Top Member Reactions