Public Service Announcement

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since some one started this Hawaii part of the equation, here's one. Why does H-1 (Hawaiian Interstate) East and West, run parallel to King Street North and South in Honolulu.

I have waited since December 1976 for this answer.

Another day or so is not a big thing.

Bob

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJGMC said:
Since some one started this Hawaii part of the equation, here's one. Why does H-1 (Hawaiian Interstate) East and West, run parallel to King Street North and South in Honolulu.

I have waited since December 1976 for this answer.

Another day or so is not a big thing.

Bob

Wow, you waited since 1976 for this answer, why didn't you contact me sooner :dontknow:

Your question is a good in several areas, all which I will address now.
1- all hwys that are odd in number run N/S all even number roads run E/W
2- Due to the design of the highway although it does link east and west, you are spending a longer time heading north, then south to get from point to point.
3- All hwys will be obsolete once flying cars catch on too..

Ha, I bet you didn't think I had it in me :tongue3:

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never once did I doubt the knowledge of the great and powerful Spartacus.

Since science has determined the speed of light, what is the speed of dark?

Did you study guzintas in school?

Bob

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJGMC said:
Never once did I doubt the knowledge of the great and powerful Spartacus.

Since science has determined the speed of light, what is the speed of dark?

Did you study guzintas in school?

Bob

Speed of dark is slow..

I wanted to study Guzintas in school, but she transferred when I got there :tongue3:

I also know that 2 guzintas 4 2 times :headbang:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
See here you will get all you need to know about almost everything and in real time too :laughing9:

I am Dr Phil, Oprah, and Dear Abby rolled into one
I wonder how long this will take him to get a round tuit. :icon_scratch:

Ok spart here you go.

If Spartacus, Dr.Phil, Oprah,and Dear Abby were to roll into one who has the burning pee first? :laughing9: :tongue3:

B

BigDan

I have a couple of serious questions

Dear Abbiecus;

I was just out investigating my wife's ancestors, and the land they once owned. Why did those idiots sell their land?
I found a beautiful parcel of forty acres down by the river sold in 1852 by her Great, Great, Great, Granddad, to a guy who's descendants still own the property! For $400.00. Now I gotta ask that guy for permission to dig up stuff.

And, do you think it would be innappropriate of me to go to her relative's grave and kick the tombstone?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
If Spartacus, Dr.Phil, Oprah,and Dear Abby were to roll into one who has the burning pee first? :laughing9: :tongue3:

This is too easy, Dr Phil of course he's a real D--- in life!!!! :hello2:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
spartacus53 said:
poorhunter78 said:

:icon_thumleft:
I had a buddy in So Cal who moved furniture for United Van Lines, he did a move for Dr. Phil & said his entire family is completely disfunctional. Said his wife was a bi***, nit-picked & nagged him relentlessly, his son was a basket-case, under pressure from mommy & daddy to be successful (think he was about 16 & writing a book.......under orders from the good doctor). My buddy said the 3 or 4 days he worked with them was a joke, said he is nothing like the TV personality he portrays.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I have a couple of serious questions

BigDan said:
Dear Abbiecus;

I was just out investigating my wife's ancestors, and the land they once owned. Why did those idiots sell their land?
I found a beautiful parcel of forty acres down by the river sold in 1852 by her Great, Great, Great, Granddad, to a guy who's descendants still own the property! For $400.00. Now I gotta ask that guy for permission to dig up stuff.

And, do you think it would be innappropriate of me to go to her relative's grave and kick the tombstone?

Ah-ha, a 2 part question, thank you BD

I actually remember responding to this first part in one of your recent posts, I think no later than last month. In my reply then, I know that I was being easy, but now I am forced to spill the beans.

Let's address the last question first.
The only reason it's inappropriate to kick the relatives tombstone is that you might hurt your own foot in the process. Most, if not all cemeteries have heavy equipment on the site, so go there at night, use the backhoe to dig up the grave, pull out the coffin, give them one swift boot in the a$$ and return them peacefully to their resting place.

On the the second part and we can tackle this in a few ways..

One way is actually the legal route. I am pretty sure that back in 1852 this so-called Great, Great, Great Grand dad, did not leave an actual will and the land can be contested. Unfortunately that can be a long and expense route, so I may suggest option 2

Option 2- New York style.

Let these so-called relatives know that her side of the family got the shaft, and that it would be a shame for anything to happen to that land. Now here, and for the right price I have some "friends of mine" that can pay them a call. My friends Jimmy "Two-Times", and Vito "no-nose", can make them see the light.

I hope this was helpful :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
spartacus53 said:
poorhunter78 said:

:icon_thumleft:
I had a buddy in So Cal who moved furniture for United Van Lines, he did a move for Dr. Phil & said his entire family is completely disfunctional. Said his wife was a bi***, nit-picked & nagged him relentlessly, his son was a basket-case, under pressure from mommy & daddy to be successful (think he was about 16 & writing a book.......under orders from the good doctor). My buddy said the 3 or 4 days he worked with them was a joke, said he is nothing like the TV personality he portrays.

You are on the money there AP. Besides him, Mr. nice guy Regis Philben is no better. He pretty much has abandoned his handicapped son. I personally had to do some work for other so-called celebrities in my business, another real bi*&h is Lauren Bacall. When I was first talking to her in the 80's I thought I was talking to a guy, no lie. She had made a visit to Thailand and brought back some so-called junk, but I dropped a dime to US Customs. Seems she wanted to avoid a tariff on antiques.

The last was for the Australian guy from "Houses of the Rich and Famous". He was a true gentlemen in every manner of the word. The nicest guy to deal with over the phone. I had handled imported Italian Tiles from overseas to NY, but he needed the tile to be moved to his Island, I think it was Jumbay Bay. Anyway, this was a logistics nightmare and costly, my man didn't even make a peep.. He was glad to have someone able to help him out and willing to pay the full cost, no bickering..

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Robin Leach!!! :icon_thumleft:
I did a move for a guy you just might remember Spart........Al Martino! I did not know who he was, he had gold records in his guest house & his daughter finaly asked me "you dont know who my Dad is?" I didnt have a clue. I called my Pop & he knew who he was, told me Al Martino also played Johnny Fontaine in the Godfather, he was the guy who woke up to a horse head in his bed! :D He was the nicest guy I may have ever met, big tipper too! He had Bugsy Seagals bar from the Flamingo in his guesthouse, told me when they tore the place down he went out there, made a couple phone calls to people in high places & the bar was shipped to his Beverly Hills home. Im into history & knew all about Seagal & the Flamingo.......I was blown away to see what might have been the 1st bar in Las Vegas, think of who sat at this bar, Sinatra, Sammy & Dean Martin perhaps? Mr. Martino told me to sit at the bar & he went behind it & asked me what I would like to drink, I asked for a coke because I was workin/driving. He poured me a class of ice & coke & slid it down the bar to me, I spent about 15 mins drinking at Bugsy's bar talkin to Al Martino! It was a thrill to say the least & once again, he was just the nicest guy I could have met!

Now for a serious question. Oh Great Abbiecus............If a synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest of them drown too?

I played a blank tape & turned the volume up all the way, it drove the mime who lives next door crazy! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Now for a serious question. Oh Great Abbiecus............If a synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest of them drown too?

I played a blank tape & turned the volume up all the way, it drove the mime who lives next door crazy! :icon_thumleft:

That was interesting, besides the big 4 you mentioned, I wonder how man other famous people sat there, not alone the guys who "ran" things too ;D I always find stories like that so interesting and full of history.

Now on to your question.

This is a yes and no answer, so let me explain

Yes they all will drown in practice. The reason is that they are all duct taped to one another to make sure each move is precise. One goes down, pulling the rest with them. This actually happen only once, since then they did away with the duct tape. During practice one of the swimmers that was new to the routine got confused. When all the swimmers were heading to the bottom of the pool, she was trying to leap out of the water. Well they pulled her down before she could get a deep breath and hit her head on the bottom thereby dragging the whole team down. It was a sad day in swimming.

Your last item was cute too. During the early 70's at work I once went around with scotch tape hanging off both my ears. When people asked what I was doing, I told them I was listening to my tapes in stereo.

B

BigDan

Thank you Abbiecus!

I am thrilled with both answers. Digging up the grave and a swift kick to the rear...perfect. And the Godfather routine on the land thing...I think that will work!

Next question, when I look in a mirror, I feel like I'm being watched. Sometimes when I talked with myself, I get into arguments. Then, the other day I heard an inner voice say, "Knock it off you two before I come down there and settle it myself." Is this a sign I'm getting better?

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Re: Thank you Abbiecus!

BigDan said:
...........when I look in a mirror, I feel like I'm being watched. Sometimes when I talked with myself, I get into arguments. Then, the other day I heard an inner voice say, "Knock it off you two before I come down there and settle it myself." Is this a sign I'm getting better?

LOL! This is gonna be good! :D :laughing9:

B

BigDan

Mighty AP said:
BigDan said:
...........when I look in a mirror, I feel like I'm being watched. Sometimes when I talked with myself, I get into arguments. Then, the other day I heard an inner voice say, "Knock it off you two before I come down there and settle it myself." Is this a sign I'm getting better?

LOL! This is gonna be good! :D :laughing9:

I only hope people realize I'm making most of this stuff up. ::) No I'm not. Shut up! Hey! I'll pull this car over and turn around! He started it! And I'll finish it! He stuck his tongue out at me! He keeps touching me! Just ten more years, just ten more years! Honey, now might not be the time...but, I'm....

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BigDan said:
Next question, when I look in a mirror, I feel like I'm being watched. Sometimes when I talked with myself, I get into arguments. Then, the other day I heard an inner voice say, "Knock it off you two before I come down there and settle it myself." Is this a sign I'm getting better?

Ah, now we are entering the realm of my expertise :hello2: Although you may think this is complex condition, I can tell you it's not.. I can address everything you have experienced as I have already been through it myself.

As far as the mirror, you must be careful around them, they are actually portals into a parallel universe. You can see this because if you stand arms length from a mirror and reach for it, you will see that your extension will continue through the mirror. This is not an optical illusion, one wrong move and you may end up on the other side. The only problem is that in this mirrored world everything is opposite, and adjusting is most difficult. My first time there it took me a week to tie my own shoes. I have been back several times after and have adjusted pretty well and can now function there.

Again there is nothing wrong with the voices in your head, it seems one of them is your moderator and take what he says with a grain of salt. What you really have to do is find out the total of people up there and sit down and talk to them nicely, it usually works. When I first started with them most understood, but I had one that thought he was the boss. After several talks he would still not listen to me, so I punched myself in the jaw and he never messed with me again.

You will be fine in no time :icon_thumleft: I hope this helps. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread